TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

Promo: 99 Problems

Storm has ended just a matter of hours ago, and already the crowd have dispersed having seen one hell of a night. The crowning of new Tag Champions...and ANOTHER new World Champion...left the fans going home having got their money's worth. And now it's clean-up time for the poorly paid SWF ring crew, in preperation of the next show.

But for one person, there's business to take care of. Backstage, quite a good percentage of the wrestlers have gone back to their hotel rooms, or bars, or the nearest strip club. Not Alexandor Zenon though. The SWF Commisioner is busy taking care of his usual post-show duties, sifting through the numerous complaints, title requests and other menial paperwork related jobs that have found their way to him. It's all part of the job for him. And it's not so bad...by now, nearly everybody's gone home. Which leaves him in peace for the first time in a good day or so. And sure, his hated rival is the SWF World Champion. But besides that, Zenon hasn't had that bad of a day. He hasn't had too many of the 'boys' hassling him for this and that. He hasn't had any long-winded arguements with anyone. He hasn't...

"Hey, Zenon!"

...until now that is. Looking up from his paperwork to see his office door swinging wildly open, Zenon sighs knowing that this isn't a social call. Standing in the doorway is a particularly peeved Landon Maddix, who doesn't look to have showered since his match, and is still in his wrestling gear. Of course, Megan Skye is behind him, trying to hold all three of Maddix's title belts in a natural kind of way.

"What the HELL was that!?!" screams Maddix at the top of his lungs, while pointing in the direction of ringside. "This..."

"Woah, hold up Landon. Please." Zenon sighs.

Landon is still seething, but manages to find enough composure to enter the room and sit down, as Zenon motions for him to do. Megan steps in too, shutting the door behind her as Zenon forces a smile their way.

"What's the problem exactly." Zenon asks impatiently.

"Let me see...where should I start?" Landon snaps back angrily, standing right back up. "This was supposed to be MY night! I go out there to address the fans, as the new USJL Champion. You know how pumped I was about tonight...it cost me $80 to get the dust off of those two belts ready for tonight Zenon. The way tonight went though, I'm considering asking you for a refund of that money! Tonight was my night in the sun. I finally have a championship. I'm a champion. And as such, I expect a little better treatment than I got tonight."

Clearly bored already, Zenon sighs and starts to tap a pencil on the desk as he stares blankly at the USJL Triple Crown Champion. Eventually, Maddix notices it though, and casts an angry glare at the Commissioner.

"Excuse me...am I boring you?"

Zenon fakes a yawn. "Well, actually, yes...yes you are."

Landon can hardly believe Zenon's responce, and in his shock sits back down in his seat, while Megan looks on dis-approvingly.

"Listen kid..." Zenon sighs again. "I realise you're angry, and I realise WHY you're angry. But if you're here to complain to me, do you mind being a bit more...specific...about the problem. That way I can deal with it."

"Just quit tapping the pencil, and put it to some use." snaps Maddix, clearly growing angry with the dis-respect he is recieving from Zenon. "First off, I want to know who the hell gave the order for the lights to go out during the middle of my victory speech."

"You're asking the wrong guy. Incase you missed the sign on my door while you were trying to swing it off it's hinges, I'm the Commissioner of the SWF. What happens in the production truck isn't my problem."

The tension in the room is rising, with both men leaning forward over the desk and glaring into the eyes of the other...it's no secret that neither of these two hotheads like each other. But Landon is smart enough to back down before they end up head to head, sitting back in his seat and throwing back his bedraggled hair.

"Ok, fine." Maddix sneers. "I KNOW it was Clark though. "2 - 2". I'm not stupid. I know what the deal is. That's my next problem."

"Alan..."

"Yeah, Clark." interrupts the impatient Triple Crowner. "I challenged him right after Battleground to a fifth and deciding match. He hasn't answered me back. All he's given me are more mind games. Ignoring my challenge. Getting that message put up while I was in the ring. That...ridiculous book. I'm sick of it. And YOU can change that."

"So, let me guess...you want a match with Clark."

Now Landon sighs. "No, I want him to accept my challenge. He's not gonna be forced into anything...I want him to accept or decline the challenge, so I know if he's got the balls or not. So maybe you can give me a helping hand."

Zenon looks a little confused, as he eases back into his chair, holding the end of the pencil between his teeth.

"It's Clark's decision." Zenon concedes with a sigh. "I can't help you. Anything else...dare I ask."

"What do you think? Jenkins." Maddix stands up again, and starts to pace across the room as Zenon is still lounged back in his chair. "Do you realise...do you even have the faintest idea what losing to Spike Jenkins feels like? I'm the USJL Triple Crown Champion. This was my night of celebration...my night. And what do I get? A celebration ceremony? A procession of floats and bags of rose petals dropped from the roof? The slightest bit of respect from anyone? No. I get CHOKED OUT! Choked...out. The result shouldn't even stand Zenon, and you damn well know it. It was an illegal choke..."

"Kind of like the one you used against Coy to win those belts..." Comet cooly interrupts, causing Landon to snap his head back around to the Interim Commissioner.

"Please, don't interrupt. I got choked out. And now, I have to live with the fact that Spike Jenkins beat...fluked a win out over me. That'll be a blot on my record for my entire career. My entire life. I'll never be able to run for President with that hanging over my head. Heck, I'll probably never get a date again with that hanging over my head!"

Zenon coughs, catching Maddix's attention. "Is...is this going anywhere? It's just, I intend on sleeping tonight. And I was planning on doing it tonight."

"Very funny." Landon sneers. "Yes, this is going somewhere. I want something done about this Zenon. You can't do anything about the video message or the challenge to Clark. So do something about this. Overturn the result. Wipe the match from the records. Gi..."

"Book you in a re-match on Lockdown." Zenon interrupts, with a hint of a smile. "Only...with the belt on the line. After all, if it was a fluke as you say it was, you'll have no problem this time. I'll even make sure the referee is strict on choke holds if you want. Of course, that means you can't defend the titles in the same way that you won them..."

"FINE!" Maddix yells, cutting Zenon off, much to his surprise. "You know what...do what the hell you want Zenon. Just remind me never to come to you for help again."

Angrily Landon turns around and begins to storm out of the room...stopping momentarily, and grabbing Megan by the wrist before carrying on on his way. That just leaves Zenon on his lonesome in the office, still lounged back in his seat without the remotest care to the confrontation he's just had. Sitting up, Zenon scribbles something down, before tossing the pencil onto the desk and lounging back, with another sigh.

"...Kids..."

Ohh, nice promo, and it just carries on Maddix's ego trip madness. And the whole triple crown thing gives you so many things to pull as well, good good. (Y) Keep up the good work man.

And on the choke thing, it's banned in Judo.. along with all other Facelocks. But please, keep running with that ball, it's good.