TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - May 17th, 2004

Guest Coffey
Well, if WWE has taught us anything, it's that "Kane is a beast in Rumbles™."

What'd I tell ya'll? BEAST~!

Guest AfricanAmerican
The ending was ridiculous. Never could you throw out a guy like that in a Battle Royal - when you're not even IN THE MATCH - and have it count legally.

Really, I could go over all the reasons why I disagree with this final result: Michaels making the final elimination makes absolutely no sense, Kane didn't actually earn the title shot since he didn't throw out the last guy, Kane shouldn't be getting a PPV Title shot in the first place considering he's in a feud with Matt Hardy......but it doesn't matter. Why?

My reasoning...

No Xian meant they only had 19 guys. Michaels, while he didn't start with the rest, may have possibly been the 20th entrant. Could explain why after throwing HHH out, he made sure to go over the top rope before running through the crowd.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The ending was ridiculous. Never could you throw out a guy like that in a Battle Royal - when you're not even IN THE MATCH - and have it count legally.

Really, I could go over all the reasons why I disagree with this final result: Michaels making the final elimination makes absolutely no sense, Kane didn't actually earn the title shot since he didn't throw out the last guy, Kane shouldn't be getting a PPV Title shot in the first place considering he's in a feud with Matt Hardy......but it doesn't matter. Why?

My reasoning...

No Xian meant they only had 19 guys. Michaels, while he didn't start with the rest, may have possibly been the 20th entrant. Could explain why after throwing HHH out, he made sure to go over the top rope before running through the crowd.

That was kinda weird....he wasn't official (Matt Hardy was injured in the show by Kane so he wasn't in) yet decided to jump out anyway.

Maybe he got his signals crossed or something. Just be thankful he didn't toss Kane too and declare he was unsuspended by Linda and was an official entrant in the match.

Guest Choken One

What i hated was that they could have done that eariler and let Kane win on his own.

I would have done with 6 men left...

Kane, Orton, HHH, Benjamin, Edge and Jericho.

The faces gang up to attack Kane...HHH and Orton take a breather...Shawn comes out of nowhere...flying to HHH...Throws punches and hits a Superkick. Orton chases after...But Benjamin chucks him over the ropes...Orton protests...Benjamin taunts leading to Jericho dropkicking him over...Kane finds HHH dead out cold...simply flings him over as shawn walks over and taunts in his face.

Edge and Jericho team to try to dump Kane...Kane eliminates both and wins. CLEAN and EFFECTIVLY.

Guest PowerPB13

The undertones of that Orton/Benjamin promo still bug me...do they really need to resort to that?

Next week: Triple K, er, H decides to REALLY channel Harley Race and tells Shelton that a "boy" like him used to carry his bags...

-Patrick

Guest Goodear

I have to admit I didn't listen to RAW this week since I was on the phone at the time but I think this just goes along with the newish WWE philosophy of making their heels into actual heels again. They've pretty much cut out all the heels that were 'cool' and replaced them with a bunch of guys that are out their to get their asses booed off. Orton and Batista embody this philosophy as they seemingly have absolutely no redeamable traits that a fan is going to grab onto and use to turn them over. They're 'bad people' and we're supposed to cheer when bad things happen to them.