TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Something funny about Paul London

Guest Anglesault

Since Paul London has joined the company, he hasn't even gotten a job duty match on a PPV. The funny thing, is there have been no less than four PPV matches that they could have very easily put him in, and chose not to for whatever reason. The first match is the Royal Rumble, where fodder is almost a necessity. However, rather than London, fellow cruiser jobber Nunzio and the Cat were added to the match. How exactly did they choose between one jobber and another to include?

The next majot opportunity for Paul was Wrestlemania, where there were two matches that he could have been slid in to. First was putting him and Kidman into the fourway tag match. The horrendous Bashams had just had a brutal four month tag title reign that destroyed the tag team scene, and their storyline had ended at No Way Out, so they had no real business in the tag match at the biggest show of the year.

A more realistic match than that was the Cruiserweight Clusterfuck match, where just about every other cruiserweight was stuffed into the match except him Why exactly was he the exception, rather than say, Funaki or Shannon Moore? Why couldn't every Cruiser make that match anyway? You have about 12 of them.

Finally, this PPV, Judgment Day, Mordecai needed a squash victim. Rather than pick a guy who was just recently been tag champ and could very easily be again, why not use a proven and total jobber in London?

(Smaller) Cases could also be made for inserting Kidman and London into the half assed APA/WGTT match at No Way Out and/or replacing fellow Velocity regular team Hardcore Ass at J-Day.

Is it some kind of running gag with the WWE creative to keep him off PPV? :D

Guest Choken One

I think it's them think Paul London is a code term for England House Show.

Im pretty sure he doesnt exist in WWE.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

This folder is getting increasingly more ridiculous.

Guest Coffey

Maybe Vince got him confused with "Spanky" and thinks that he quit the company?

In all seriousness, WWE isn't going to use him. We all knew that before he even debuted. He's too small, and in WWE land, that's a no-no. The only way Paul London will be used in WWE is if they ever start to take their Cruiserweight division seriously. We all know that most likely isn't going to happen. In fact, that only way I can think of a scenario where that would happen is if this NWA:TNA television deal leads Vince to use his cruiserweights to compete with the X-Division. That's a very miniscule possibility.

I really don't know why London hasn't even been used for fodder up to this point either. I can't say that I'd be happy if he had, but at least he would've got some PPV paydays. Just look at how hard he bumps on Velocity. Imagine what he would do on a PPV! He could help get someone over as a monster moreso than someone like Spike Dudley could. At least in my opinion.

Why think so much about their shitty booking, especially when you know that they're going to continue treating their talent like this?

Guest Anglesault
I really don't know why London hasn't even been used for fodder up to this point either.

Oh, I'm not asking why he isn't being pushed, just why they avoid using him as a PPV jobber.

Again, I don't really care either way, just thought it was funny.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I guess WWE doesn't take kindly to indy wrestlers who are seriously over with the internet.

Guest CronoT
I guess WWE doesn't take kindly to indy wrestlers who are seriously over with the internet.

Gee, is that why Vince hates Lance Storm?

Maybe Vince knows that some other promotion like NWA-TNA would make him a huge star, and as long as hes under WWE contract he knows that cant happen. Didnt something like that already happen once with A.J. Styles?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Storm is boring. Didn't you watch RAW last year when Austin took a nap during his match?

Storm is boring. Didn't you watch RAW last year when Austin took a nap during his match?

Yeah that sure helped Lance Storms cause as well. Whos bright idea was that anyways?

Yeah that sure helped Lance Storms cause as well. Whos bright idea was that anyways?

If I remember correctly, wasn't it Vince that came up with the gimmick?

Guest Dazed

It was used to deflect all the heat from the slower, newer style onto Lance, so people didn't chant it the rest of the time.

Maybe because 99% of the audience has no idea who London is, and thus his entrance would be met with utter silence.

And yes, I recognize that if they put him on TV more, he'd be better recognized. But it's a catch 22, you can't put him on TV because people don't know or care about him, but if he's never on TV people won't ever get the chance to know or care about him.

Guest croweater

That's what WCW seemed to do so well.

Cruiserweights, who no one had ever heard of, managed to get over.

All they had to do was chuck some out there in a 6 man tag and let them get their spots off.

From then on the crowd would be hot for almost every cruiserweight match.

It wouldn't be hard to do this at the start of Smackdown and it would be a fun, crowd popin' way to get some of the lesser known guys known.

It also helps no one if you're putting the hosses over guys that no one has ever heard of before.

Guest glennsoe

Paul London, as i see it, will most likely never be able to shine on a ppv...And that's a god damn shame - but hey when you can outwrestle 95 % of the roster and are "marked" a cruiserweight then you're doomed !!

Paul London would make a GREAT us champ in my mind

But he did wrestle on heat before no way out with Kidman % Dragon vs tajiri & crew.....maybe the powers that be didn't like his performance

Shame on wwe for pissing away a GREAT cruiserweight division....

Give him time. Let him and Kidman be built up as a tag team on Velocity for the next two months, then you move them to SDown, and start building them up.

Then, 6 months from now, Kidman/London with the tag straps. After they lose it, you split them up, say in like November/December, then you have them feud til like the Rumble/No Way Out/ or even Mania.

And I forsee them doing this, maybe not to the full extent of the time-frame and all, but to build up Kidman/London as a team on Velocity, then switch them over.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Sure London's good, but why does EVERYONE ride his cock all the time?

Because he can work better than 75% of their established roster. His run in the indy's gave us multiple ***1/2+ matches to go by as well.

Maybe because 99% of the audience has no idea who London is, and thus his entrance would be met with utter silence.

Which would explain why Cade and Jindrak were put in the Tag Tin match at 'Mania.

What they really screwed up on was not giving London and Spanky a huge push as a babyface team... they were so great together and never made it onto Smackdown. They really had lightning in a bottle with those two teamed up.

They screwed up with the Bashams obviously by not letting them use their OVW movesets and by not "keeping what worked" from OVW. I would have put them with a Triad-type gimmick with Kanyon and with Jackie Gayda as their valet (she and Victoria and those four were all a unit in OVW).

Guest Dids
Sure London's good, but why does EVERYONE ride his cock all the time?

Because he's not just good, he's really good. On top of that she showed in ROH the charisma to get a crowd behind him like crazy.

As AS points out- what's wierd is that they've had lots of situations where his character would make sense. He's a great underdog that the fans can get behind, and they're not using him at all.

Of course, they already had that with Spanky and instead of pushing him they pushed Zack Gowen.

The really dumb thing is that it shouldn't even be size, because it isn't like HKB is huge and he's still shoved down our necks like crazy. The only thing that stopped London and Spanky from getting over was that the WWE didn't push them like they should. Sad, because we're seeing with Eugene, Orton (kinda) and Sheldon that they've got some capacity to make new stars.

Hoever, You could make the argument that their pushes have NOTHING to do with their in-ring skills and everything to do with the angles that they're working, WWE fans haven't really shown me that they actually pop for good matches. So it's unfair to blame London for not getting a crowd response, when the WWE hasn't told their fans that they should pop for him.

Guest Dynamite Kido
75% is pretty generous.

I'd say maybe 30-40%.

Well, I can tell that you really haven't seen any of his work then....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
75% is pretty generous.

I'd say maybe 30-40%.

Let me guess....the other 60%+ is Batista, KAne, A-Train, Big Show, bradshaw, Mark Henry, Undertaker, Tyson Tomko, Mordecai, and Rikishi?

Fucking idiot...

Guest Dids

Seriously- who in the WWE is better.

Eddie, Beniot, Kurt (if he counts), Rey all strike me as people that I feel confident saying are better than London. (I could be forgetting people, I'm not thinking very hard0

Now admitedly I've seen Paul work in an environment where he can showcase more of his skills, so I don't have the full understanding of how much other folks are handicapped by the WWE style.