TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

One And Only TNA 5/19 Thread

Heres the line up for anyone wondering:

DEADLY DRAW MATCH

FOR THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

AJ STYLES VS. WILDCAT CHRIS HARRIS VS. THE TRUTH VS. RAVEN

A new and innovative match in TNA Wrestling, this Wednesday night will truly be a first. D.O.A Vince Russo will attempt to end the World Title picture chaos when the Deadly Draw Match takes place. Prior to the PPV, Harris, Truth and Raven will draw numbers one through three. The first superstar faces AJ for the title in a five minute round. If there is no winner, superstar number two joins to make it a three-way. If still no winner is determined after another five-minute round the final superstar could enter to potentially make it a Four Way!

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

"THE AMERICAN DREAM" DUSTY RHODES AND JAMES STORM VS. NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS KID KASH AND DALLAS

The American Dream returned to TNA on a mission on Wednesday night, joining forces with James Storm to counter the attack of Kid Kash and Dallas. As a result, the wrestling legend will tag with Storm this Wednesday night in a Bunkhouse Match against Kash and Dallas! Dusty, the master of the Bunkhouse Match, will certainly be looking to put some clubberin' on Kash and Dallas - if you will! Tune in this Wednesday night to see Dusty RHodes' in-ring TNA return!

BEST OF THREE SERIES: FINAL MATCH

TO DETERMINE WHO CHALLENGES FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP

THE AMAZING RED VS. SONJAY DUTT

Thanks to the win by The Amazing Red this past Wednesday, the score in the best-of-three series against Sonjay Dutt is tied 1-1. This Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View will be the third and final determining bout between the two X division superstars to determine who goes on to face X Champ Frankie "The Future" Kazarian!

WORLD X CUP PREVIEW

TEAM JAPAN VS. TEAM MEXICO

The recent World X Cup matches have been nothing short of spectacular, and this Wednesday night the battles continue leading up to the May 26 mega-event on Pay-Per-View! This Wednesday night, defending Americas X Cup Champions Team Mexico from the AAA promotion will face Team Japan in yet another high-flying spectacular! The question is, can Team Mexico rebound from their recent defeats going into the World X Cup?

WORLD X CUP PREVIEW

SPECIAL STIPULATION MATCH

NWA CAPTAIN JERRY LYNN VS. CANADA'S BOBBY RUDE

In yet another World X Cup preview match this Wednesday night, Team NWA captain Jerry Lynn takes on Team Canada member Bobby Rude - but with some special stipulations involved. If Jerry Lynn wins, he gets five minutes in the ring with Canadian manager Scott D'Amore. If Lynn loses, he must step away as Captain of Team NWA!

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH

DAVID YOUNG VS. D-RAY 3000

This weekend on Xplosion, newcomer D-Ray 3000 earned his first TNA win against David Young (although Young still denies he lost the match - "a camera trick"). In a TNA CAM interview later on, Young challenged "that Chia pet" (ie, D-Ray 3000) to face him this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View! Will the Master of the Spinebuster finally come to grips with his record loss streak? Can D-Ray 3000 pull off another one? Tune in and find out!

Guest Jesse
Here is hoping Kanyon debuts.

Is there any reason to think this will happen?

Guest The Last Free Voice

Show looks good. The XCup preview should be interesting, as well as the Lynn Rude match. I'm also fairly exited about the Sonjay Red match, as last weeks was better, and this week they should be going all out. The main could be Great if done right.

The XCup preview should be interesting, as well as the Lynn Rude match.

I think Rude's okay. I'm hyped on Lynn right now, though, because I make it a habit to watch TNA tapes from a year and a half ago when they were kicking every other company's ass in terms of overall quality of the show, and the Lynn matches were usually the best of the night. The guy might not know psychology for shit, but hey, his work is SOLID. If the tag bout doesn't involve Nosawa or Negro, it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm also fairly exited about the Sonjay Red match, as last weeks was better, and this week they should be going all out.

Meh. Red's not 100% yet, and Sonjay doesn't strike me as anything special. Plus, TNA has been on that whole "you cannot overshadow the main eventers' work" lately, and aside from Truth and Styles, it's not hard to overshadow the main event (yes, I honestly believe Truth and Styles are, right now, the best workers in the company with any sort of continued push). If they're allowed to just go all-out and are given 12 minutes, this could be a solid *** match, though. Likelihood? 10%, since Dutch hates cruiserweights, or something.

The main could be Great if done right.

You know it won't be given the time it needs. They have too many matches booked, and every match is around 10 minutes long. While that works in the case of the good pairings (Storm/Kash worked surprisingly well, as well as most of the tag team matches), it sucks because main-events should always be longer than any other match on the card, IMO.

Does anybody know if the Deadly Draw is over with the first pin or if it's elimination? I mean, if Harris draws #1 and is pinned in 3:45, is that it? Or do we wait for #2 to enter?

Guest The Last Free Voice

Not expecting a good show are you Laz? Sheesh. No such thing as positive engery in a TNA thread.

It's one-fall, as the subject makes it seem that way. Otherwise, they'd add that it's elimination.

I don't expect too much out of TNA, since it seems they always give the bad matches more time than they do the good ones, limit their workers drastically (which they used to say they'd NEVER do), and give me very little reason to order anymore. It's been this way since Dutch took over, honestly. And when Jarrett regains the title, like it's being reported he will? I won't order any non-XCup shows until he loses the belt.

Guest Coffey

That'd be clowning if they put the World Title on Raven before there television debut....

The main event is an interesting idea, I think.

The problem is that the 3 guys not named AJ Styles aren't very good workers.

I'd probably start off with AJ vs. Harris and then add Truth in first, since his moves and he in general tend to pop the crowd. Then Raven can come in last to make it a 4 way. Raven's work has been flat out bad.

I dunno. I think Truth is probably one of the top 10 workers in TNA right now. His ringwork is solid enough, he has a decent sense of psychology (he sells well, and all of his moves focus on the same area - the head/neck), and he's loaded with enough charisma to carry a bad match so that the fans can like it. TNA dropped the ball with him a long time ago, and just now they're starting to pick it up.

Bobby Rude Vs Jerry first, lets see....

Lynn wins via Craddle Piledriver, Amore vs Lynn now

Lynn wins via dw and intervention of the whole canada team

afro man err d ray 3000 wins cuz Young got distracte by a brawl outside from gliberty and co

yeah i was wondering where you wentm i was having problems with aim myself, oh well....

Mexico wins, that was a very dissapointing match.

Red wins it with the Red Alert, that wwas motn so far

Dude, Red/Dutt tonight was MOTM so far for TNA. Best match TNA has had in a while. ***1/2. Each spot built off of the last match, and both men just went all-out in this one. Honestly, if TNA were to have just made Red/Dutt one time, I'd wish it would have gone like the last three matches went, only all in one big 25-minute match. Would've blown the socks off of the Asylum.

you know, your absolutely right, that was the most fun i had with a match on tna for a while now.

Rhodes and Storm won, via superkick by Storm with Rhodes boot. Bleh

Guest Donners

Glad Lynn won. I was very worried that he was going to be taken off Team NWA. Is D-Ray 3000 better known as anybody else? I assumed it was Slyk Wagner Brown, since he has been on XPlosion for a while, but I don't think he wrestled under that name. Interesting to see some continuity from XPlosion though - when was the last time that happened?

Im not sure if its him or not but dude he looks just like a skinny Marc Mero and his moveset reminds me of Maven.

Glad Lynn won. I was very worried that he was going to be taken off Team NWA. Is D-Ray 3000 better known as anybody else? I assumed it was Slyk Wagner Brown, since he has been on XPlosion for a while, but I don't think he wrestled under that name. Interesting to see some continuity from XPlosion though - when was the last time that happened?

D-Ray is definitely not Brown.

He's just a random jobber who has appeared on Xplosion a few times in the past. I have no idea why he was selected to go over Young over the other guys, but I guess having an afro distinguishes you from the bunch.