Guest cobainwasmurdered

Ban Anglesault?

Ban Anglesault?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Anglesault?

• Yes.
    • No.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Recently a backlash against one of the more established posters has started. That Poster is Anglesault. We all know him. He has almost 20,000 posts. He has a reputation for constantly harping on something he doesn't like to the point that he annoys even his supporters. Anglesault is known in the Sports folder for his rabid love and obsession with the New York Yankees.

I always manage to be at the center of whatever "drama" is going on at The Smart Marks and this time seems to be another example. So I took it upon myself to go through the forums looking for threads involving Spamming, Trolling, and Racism from Anglesault. Going through it all sure brought back memories of not only how bad Anglesault is but how bad I used to be. I used to be Anglesault's number one fan but now I honestly can't stand him. Before we get into example threads here's a few comments by posters on what they think of AngleSault:

FrozenBlockOfPiss:

I dread going into any thread involving  Orton, Basames, or anybody else he doesn't like because there is no chance for decent conversation.

Sandman9000:

when i think of anglesault, i think of the type of person who even the most hardened geek, the type of person who can speak klingon fluently, the person who not only has bought the DVD set of Dark Angle, but marked down the best time to see Jessica Alba's breasts, would be embarassed to share the same description as.  when it comes to a group of social degenerate scum and moral fascists, anglesault is even an enemy of them, an embarassment to the embarassments

Angle-plex:

He Sucks.

Kotzenjunge:

Someone completely devoid of anything potentially endearing or enlightening, a poster whose nature makes me want to openly weep and wonder how someone can possibly live like that, and all while being supposedly in his mid-20s. Anglesault is truly the Comic Book Store Guy of TheSmartMarks.com messageboards, and not even in the entertaining way, more in the manner of reminding us why the IWC is seen as a complete joke and wrestling fans on the whole seen as an even bigger one.

When I went looking for examples, I mostly looked in the WWE Forums since that's where he normally posts but other posters made known to me that he often posted in the Sports Folder. I found This Gem, this thread was described to me as "a cancer" in the sports folder it really does show how Anglesault will go into anal bitching mode with only the slightest push. After only a month or so of baseball Anglesault has gone off the deep end completely ranting and raving about how awful his team is. This carries on for NINE pages until a mod finally closes it. Who knows how long it would have continued otherwise?

This wasn't the only Yankees related obsession of Anglesault's but it was definitely the best. How does the Sports folder benefit from that kind of topic? It wasn't as if he was trying to discuss the problems surrounding the Yankees, he just wanted to come on to the board and troll.

Perhaps the best examples of Anglesault's posting can be found in the WWE Folders. Narrowing these down to the best ones is rather hard. For a good laugh I'd suggest people try searching through all the other threads themselves.

Worst Match Ever?

Angle Being Depushed Poll...Jesus Sault.

Most Unover Upper Midcarder

Three polls. Three examples of trolling. I've got no problem with hating Test, or being mad if your favorite wrestler is getting depushed. That's natural. But it's not as if these were the only threads he made. Scan the archives if you don't believe me but a solid 80% of the threads Anglesault has made in the WWE folders involving him complaining/whining/bitching about Test, Kane, Angle, Orton, or Edge.

This is perhaps my favorite Anglesault thread: Val beats Angle at Houseshow...It's The End Of The World as We Know It

Val Venis beats Kurt Angle at a houseshow in Canada. No big deal right? If you're Anglesault it is.

Is Kurt Fucked

Four pages of complaining about Kane vs. Angle...before the match was even made. I can understand not wanting to see the match but Anglesault wasn't interested in talking about the possible match or anything involved in it. He just wanted to whine and complain and more importantly, bait everyone who disliked his constant bitching about Poor Lil' Kurt.

Ohh... This is the definitive thread of Anglesault's Anti-Edge period. Most notable for people calling him on starting numerous threads EXACTLY like that one. That'd be spamming.

My One Problem With Eugene

And then of course there's the thread that started the most recent Anglesault backlash. This would be the pettiest bitching on the part of Anglesault I've yet to see...and I've known him for 2+ years. Complaining about a mentally handicapped character wearing his jacket inside out...yeah they should kill that storyline right there.

I could likely go on and pull out his numerous anti-Basham, anti-Orton threads but there's no real POINT in doing that. We all know Anglesault. More than any other poster at The Smart Marks he's come to represent the example of the "Typical" TSM Poster. Do we want to be known for the people that have Anglesault representing them?

I won't deny that Anglesault has occasionally in the past contributed things to TSM. However, I do not think his contributions out weigh his constant trolling in the WWE Folder. In every thread were we discuss the state of the board his name is the one brought up when we talk about people who should be banned. I think it's time we stop talking.

The mods know that Anglesault is a problem. They're likely afraid of a poster backlash if they do ban him. I think we need to show them that that won't happen. Let's Vote. I think that the posters of The Smart Marks need to take the lead in a positive fashion this time and say, "We're not going to take it anymore."

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'll say by default yes just for the fact you went into so much trouble researching your points instead of going "because he's gay".

No. If we are banning people just for being annoying, there are many that need to go before him.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

It's just about being annoying. He's a troll. He's influenced an entire "generation" of TSM posters with his still and, I believe is responsible for the current state of the WWE folder more than anyother one poster.

The three polls you posted are like 2 years old CWM. I'd use more recent threads to help your argument.

I thought last summer people liked AS. What happened?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

It doesn't have to be new to be true. Anglesault has always been a problem. It's just now that more people are willing to do something about it.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Well, if we ban him CWM, according to your logic, wouldn't we have to ban all of the "generation" of TSM posters he's influenced?

Have all of those posters posted as many threads of the same nature that Anglesault has? Have they caused alot of problems like AS has?

My feelings about Anglesault have been well documented in the sports and hardcore folders

One of the reasons I had my name truncated was because of the confusion in our shortened names

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
My feelings about Anglesault have been well documented in the sports and hardcore folders

One of the reasons I had my name truncated was because of the confusion in our shortened names

For some reason, I kept reading your name as ANGLEslayer. Boy, did I feel stupid when I actually noticed.

Well, if we ban him CWM, according to your logic, wouldn't we have to ban all of the "generation" of TSM posters he's influenced?

Have all of those posters posted as many threads of the same nature that Anglesault has? Have they caused alot of problems like AS has?

But if we don't ban all those people, then won't AS's 'influence' still be around, and the problems his attitude brings?

I obviously can't speak for the whole mod team, but I wouldn't want to deal with the backlash if he's banned.

I kept reading your name as ANGLEslayer.

that was another reason. I couldn't believe how many people were still swapping the letters around after I'd been here six months

I could just have people call me "Drew"... there's no confusion in that, is there?

Oh yeah, better get back on topic

Anglesault sucks

See, the case could be made that Anglesault provides a dissenting voice against all the positive people in the WWE folder...

Umm, I mean, he always provides insight into any topic with lots of well thought-out...

Umm... provides examples of why he thinks...

Says thought-provoking things in the CE folder...

At least Rudo does his best to provide backup for his arguments, as much as I might disagree with him. AS just says something over and over again no matter how much might be against him, and never provides any kind of support for any argument of his other than what can be subsidized into "this is how I think, so there." Anyone who actually SUPPORTS such posting that is so clearly one-track and trollerific (if you go by the pretty universal definition of "posting to get a reaction and nothing else") is equally handicapped, mentally.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

But if we don't ban all those people, then won't AS's 'influence' still be around, and the problems his attitude brings?

I obviously can't speak for the whole mod team, but I wouldn't want to deal with the backlash if he's banned.

that's why the poll.

Without the "Pied Piper" will the flock march?

We all know who the worst are and they're not going to change either way. If we can start to help the WWE folder improve than we have to take drastic actions.

Since the Ezboard days Anglesault has been a problem. It's time to end this.

So he's untouchable?

Bascially I think he bitches and whines too much over trivial matters, but there are more worthy candidates for baaning than AS.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I want you all to realize this. I've been here for well over TWO years. Anglesault's been here longer.

This poll has been coming for a very very long time. This isn't about banning someone because everyone hates him. This is about what's right for TSM. Anglesault has been a detremint to intelligent discussion for YEARS.

It's time to close this chapter and open a new one.

For some reason, I kept reading your name as ANGLEslayer. Boy, did I feel stupid when I actually noticed.

Wait, he wasn't AngleSlayer?

Wait, he wasn't AngleSlayer?

Flamer

The fact that apparantly it would seem he is Kurt Angle's biggest fan yet he bitches EVERYTHING about him. So counterproductive to the point it makes my head want to explode. :huh:

Banning people who don't try to hack/flood the boards/blatantly and on purpose post explicit material is utterly retarded. I never got the crap about banning someone because he "trolls" or "wishes someone death" or "breaks the board rules" or whatever. Who cares? If someone's a fucking moron, ignore him or her. It's the God damned internet, for Chrissakes. People are entitled to their opinions, however hateful or stupid they might be.

I don't get the whole panties-in-a-bunch ninny bullshit that people pull when they want to get someone banned. Anglesault? A fucking retard when it comes to pretty much everything is he. But I don't get why you'd ban him for that.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Anglesault has a right to his opinions. He's voiced them consistently for over two years. I think we can all recite his opinions by rote.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'm sorry Tyler. If it wasn't me you were against I'd vote for you.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I'm coming to terms with it.

Next time, I shall destroy you.

B-)

Bring it on my fellow MikeSC-antagonist.