Guest cobainwasmurdered

Ban Anglesault?

Ban Anglesault?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Anglesault?

• Yes.
    • No.

Guest FrigidSoul

I watched a movie, tried falling asleep to no avail and couldn't then came back to see this. I promised a friend I would stay away from Site Feedback for awhile, however I also told CWM that if he did start a poll of this nature I would share my thoughts on the matter. I think this thread will inevidably end up in Hardcore Discussion, but if it doesn't its my last Site Feedback post for possibly god knows how long since nothing good comes of it. Anyways, here goes.

When Slayer first directed me to this board it was because he knew I was an avid wrestling fan. He told me along with the wrestling forum they had a great Sports Forum as well. Having tired of the chat we had both been apart of for the past 5 years we came here. I went directly to the WWE forum hoping to be able to spark up good discussion on different matters. I soon found there were 3 main contributors to this forum.

RavishingRickRudo, who often uses his creative wit to not only make a point but also entertain and make you laugh at the stupidity of some of the things the WWE had done.

Downhome, an opinionated wrestling fan who isn't easy to back down from his stance but will if given specific points towards your side. He loves wrestling, and while some may not enjoy his presense I admire the fact that he openly stands up for something he loves so much. Its his major form of entertainment and he's not afraid to admit it.

Then there was AngleSault. I remember one of the first threads I read was about how Edge was getting in trouble over some of the comments he had made in his column(that he wrote while injured). Some posters were saying how he shouldn't get flak because he was giving his opinion, and others were saying he shouldn't be free to voice that opinion because it hurt locker-room morale. Then AngleSault came in. He went on and on about how Edge sucked, the spear is a horrible finisher, and he should have never gone over Kurt previously in their feud which led to Angle shaving his head(and ultimately covering up the fact he was going bald anyways). I was kind of confused about what that had to do with anything but I would soon realise that was the nature of AngleSault. Wrestling threads which often had good discussion became havens for flame-wars because AngleSault would come in, voice his opinion on a matter he had already saod in 4 or 5 other threads, people would tell him to quit it and then he would go in self-defense mode and start tossing insults which were tossed right back.

After tiring of seeing every wrestling thread degenerate into the same thing I joined my friend Slayer in the Sports Forum. It was the baseball playoffs and my Red Sox had made it for the first time in 4 years. Color me enthusiastic, but there was AngleSault. At the time he had his old sig and nothing indicated he was a Yankees fan, so little did I know I'd have to put up with him there as well. While I was just over-joyed with the fact my team had made the playoffs he was constantly telling everybody that anything but winning the championship was failure. I got to put up with how the Yankees were a tradition and classful team while the rest of baseball was basically shit. The Yankees made champions, other teams just brought in vagabonds and scrubs. Needless to say I left the sports forum for the rest of the playoffs as well. I only went back there during Football season as I saw that AngleSault doesn't care for the sport, and if he does he certainly doesn't say anything about it. The weekly NFL threads were beautiful. Everybody just having fun with the games and being playfull with one another. There were no posters throwing down 3 or 4 posts in a row on just how much their team sucked and every other team was still beneathe them. However football season went by too quickly and if you go in there you'll find threads he's started where they blatantly bitch about the Yankees, or they're masked to complain about something else yet they give play-by-play bitching about the Yankees. I now go into the Sports forum perhaps twice a day and just wait for the football season to come back.

People say "its just the internet, ignore him." but it gets kind of difficult to ignore somebody who posts in 90% of the threads and contributes nothing positive to them. His posts are either complaining about something or insulting somebody/something. I'd be hard pressed to see something else. You see, even when things go in the favor he would like them to he finds faults in them and writes 3 paragraphs complaining about it...or he goes on for 2 months complaining about it(see Kurt's feud with Eddie Guerrero).

I voted "yes" in the banning pole, however its not my choice. All I will say though is that the only forum I feel I can have good discussion in without the constant complaining is the music forum. Other than that I've moved onto other boards to discuss my other tastes. I'd imagine others have too.

I came to TSM to have fun convo and get away from crap. I went to SNKT to get away from most of TSM's crap. Regardless of whether or not I enjoy talking to people that only frequent this board I refuse to waste my thoughts on a subject that AngleSault will later inevidably ruin.

That's my 2 cents

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I'd like to mention when I did my search on Anglesault for ONLY the WWE folders it came back with 83 PAGES of results.

So that'd back up the claim supporting AS posting in 90% of threads.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
when i think of anglesault, i think of the type of person who even the most hardened geek, the type of person who can speak klingon fluently, the person who not only has bought the DVD set of Dark Angle, but marked down the best time to see Jessica Alba's breasts, would be embarassed to share the same description as.  when it comes to a group of social degenerate scum and moral fascists, anglesault is even an enemy of them, an embarassment to the embarassments

Sandy, that was fuckin' beautiful. You're my favorite poster until Kotz gets jealous and gives me the silent treatment.

Guest Salacious Crumb

No,

As bad as Anglesault can be there are plenty of guys in that folder that are quite worse than he is. At least he contributes to threads and just doesn't post news item after news item with no thought of his own.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Not when you have one or two posters making a brand new thread for every little tidbit of news.

Glennsoe and his "OMG HHH HAS A HANG NAIL" calibur news threads were more irritating than anything Anglesault has done in awhile.

Guest Dids

Don't ban him, but the mods need to be more agressive and put him in check when he's simply saying the same thing over and over.

It's really sad that the guy's the same age as I am. You'd think he was 13 or something.

Anglesault will never be banned. It just won't happen. There's always discussion and yammering on from various board leaders on how they are making this board better, more enjoyable, yada yada yada, but when the time comes to take action, they do nothing. Or, if they do, the mass population of whiny children around here throw a temper tantrum about it (see the nikjohns situation).

Back when there was a moderately vocal opposition to Marney's rampant flaming in the CE folder, nothing was done about it. Wait wait wait, there WAS something done about it, the rules were changed. All of a sudden, flaming, which was such a oooooooh DEADLY offense before, was suddenly just something "thin skinned babies" complained about. Once the walls came down in CE, flaming was basically allowed everywhere, unofficially of course.

Now, we have Anglesault, someone who's banning is loooooooong overdue. Will he ever be banned? No. Because the mods, like Canadian Chick, (why the hell is she a mod anyway, because she's a girl?) are too scared of the backlash. Look at the poll results. People want Anglesault gone. Other posters have been tossed out on their ears for less, but AS just get a slap on the wrist and the mods go, "Oh, that's just our AS." People always bemoan the state of this forum, yet, no one is willing to take the necessary steps to improve anything. A few baby steps will be taken, then everyone sits on their asses again. When someone does do something, they are bludgeoned to death by other posters. I mean good grief. We have numerous problem posters on this board, but because they are so called "witty, " or make a good point every now and then, they somehow contrbute to the betterment of the board. I suppose.

Ban Anglesault if you board leaders are serious about change.

Anglesault will never be banned. It just won't happen. There's always discussion and yammering on from various board leaders on how they are making this board better, more enjoyable, yada yada yada, but when the time comes to take action, they do nothing. Or, if they do, the mass population of whiny children around here throw a temper tantrum about it (see the nikjohns situation).

Back when there was a moderately vocal opposition to Marney's rampant flaming in the CE folder, nothing was done about it. Wait wait wait, there WAS something done about it, the rules were changed. All of a sudden, flaming, which was such a oooooooh DEADLY offense before, was suddenly just something "thin skinned babies" complained about. Once the walls came down in CE, flaming was basically allowed everywhere, unofficially of course.

Now, we have Anglesault, someone who's banning is loooooooong overdue. Will he ever be banned? No. Because the mods, like Canadian Chick, (why the hell is she a mod anyway, because she's a girl?) are too scared of the backlash. Look at the poll results. People want Anglesault gone. Other posters have been tossed out on their ears for less, but AS just get a slap on the wrist and the mods go, "Oh, that's just our AS."  People always bemoan the state of this forum, yet, no one is willing to take the necessary steps to improve anything.  A few baby steps will be taken, then everyone sits on their asses again.  When someone does do something, they are bludgeoned to death by other posters. I mean good grief.  We have numerous problem posters on this board, but because they are so called "witty, " or make a good point every now and then, they somehow contrbute to the betterment of the board.  I suppose.

WAHHHHH

Why should he be banned? Because people don't like him? Shut the hell up. Or else come up with some real proof of trolling, besides some threads he started 2-3 years ago. The Eugene thread was sad but it's about as far from trolling as you can get.

Guest Fook
Don't ban him, but the mods need to be more agressive and put him in check when he's simply saying the same thing over and over.

Agreed.

If he doesn't comply, then ban away.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Now, we have Anglesault, someone who's banning is loooooooong overdue. Will he ever be banned? No. Because the mods, like Canadian Chick, (why the hell is she a mod anyway, because she's a girl?) are too scared of the backlash. Look at the poll results. People want Anglesault gone. Other posters have been tossed out on their ears for less, but AS just get a slap on the wrist and the mods go, "Oh, that's just our AS."  People always bemoan the state of this forum, yet, no one is willing to take the necessary steps to improve anything.  A few baby steps will be taken, then everyone sits on their asses again.  When someone does do something, they are bludgeoned to death by other posters. I mean good grief.  We have numerous problem posters on this board, but because they are so called "witty, " or make a good point every now and then, they somehow contrbute to the betterment of the board.  I suppose.

Yeah, let's just ban people on the whims of a few people. 32 votes hardly makes a majority of anything on this board. Why not just let things work naturally instead of trying to build your personally utopia of a board?

WAHHHHH

Why should he be banned? Because people don't like him? Shut the hell up. Or else come up with some real proof of trolling, besides some threads he started 2-3 years ago. The Eugene thread was sad but it's about as far from trolling as you can get.

Yeah, really.

BOOOO, AngleSault broke the rules! I'm telling!!!!

You guys must have been loved in high school.

Guest SP-1

While Anglesault's obsessive love of Kurt Angle and The Yankees can prove to be annoying, annoyance is not grounds for a banning. Proof of actual trolling, proof of him posting the things he does purely o illicit a negative response from others or a specific person. If you can find than then you've got a case. But for goodness sake make it recent and relevant. He might be annoying but every now and then he makes a decent point. Let him stay. The poll is so uneccessary that I refuse to even vote.

Other people have been banned for alot less. I recall someone making a thread supporting Sable and they got banned for it. AS fills threads with the same spiel over and over. I already know what he is going to post before he even posts it.

I don't care if he's banned or not, but why don't the mods start applying the rules equally here instead of playing favourites and circling the wagons whenever any of them are critisized?

Edited by Naibus

WAHHHHH

OMG Eagan you are soooo cool for going against the popular opinion and taking up for the rebel Anglesault. Gosh you are so cool and witty too. And you told me to shut the hell up over the internet, you're a real tough guy. I'll go lock myself in my car now in fear of you while masturbating furiously to your James Dean like rebelness.

Ban Anglesault.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Other people have been banned for alot less. I recall someone making a thread supporting Sable and they got banned for it. AS fills threads with the same spiel over and over. I already know what he is going to post before he even posts it.

I don't care if he's banned or not, but why don't the mods start applying the rules equally here instead of playing favourites and circling the wagons whenever any of them are critisized?

Actually that guy got banned for flaming whoever disagreed with him in that thread.

Guest SP-1
There's only one possible solution that will make everyone happy...

Make me a mod.

Can I second this? And be in Alfdogg's posse of mod-power?

Actually that guy got banned for flaming whoever disagreed with him in that thread.

Like a certain established poster does?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Dave O'Neil was a troll. AS is guilty of being annoying at times and sounding like a broken record. Hardly bannable offenses.

Guest MikeSC
Dave O'Neil was a troll. AS is guilty of being annoying at times and sounding like a broken record. Hardly bannable offenses.

While I don't want to ban him (heck, I'm thrilled nobody asked to have ME banned in this thread) --- his constant opening of topics in the sports folder to bitch about the Yankees IS trolling, in my eyes.

-=Mike

Dave O'Neil was a troll.  AS is guilty of being annoying at times and sounding like a broken record.  Hardly bannable offenses.

While I don't want to ban him (heck, I'm thrilled nobody asked to have ME banned in this thread) --- his constant opening of topics in the sports folder to bitch about the Yankees IS trolling, in my eyes.

-=Mike

There's times I actually do want to see the unregistered tag under your username, but then where would the CE folder be without you?

You have to stop acting like the rules of a forum are the law. You can ban somebody for being annoying. You can ban someone for no reason at all. Ain't nobody bound by nothing no how. Personally, I don't give a shit either way, I don't use those folders.

Ban a random poster who's name starts with an 'A' ends in 'T' with the largest number of posts featuring the keywords 'depushed', 'overpushed' and 'unover' with the highest occurance of key phrases 'not pushed enough', 'pushed entirely too much' and 'he isn't over'.

Well, it is a democracy.