TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustJoe2k5

IWA Mid-South

IWA Mid-South Wrestling presented "A Prelude to Death" on Saturday night, May 22nd, at the Community Center Gym in Oolitic, Indiana. Here's what went down...

1. "Spyder" NATE WEBB def. "Fabulous" JOHN McCHESNEY via submission with the Web of Death to advance to the 2nd round of the NWA Indiana State Title Tournament.

2. J-ROCC def. EDDIE VENOM (w/ Nate Webb) & CHRIS KOLE in a three-way dance with a rollup while holding Venom's tights.

3. CHAD COLLYER def. "CK3" CONRAD KENNEDY III via submission with the Texas Cloverleaf.

4. IAN ROTTEN def. CASH FLO (w/ Jim Fannin) to advance to the 2nd round of the NWA Indiana State Title Tournament.

5. PETEY WILLIAMS def. "The Phenomenal" AJ STYLES to advance to the 2nd round of the NWA Indiana State Title Tournament.

6. MAD MAN PONDO def. CORPORAL ROBINSON in a non-sanctioned No-Rope Barbed Wire Match main event.

The event was filmed by IWA for home video release, with commentary by Dave Prazak, Jim Fannin, Mickie Knuckles, Nate Webb, and Conrad Kennedy III.

IWA's next event at the Oolitic Community Center Gym will be 6/25 & 6/26 "King of the Death Matches 2004." Ian Rotten announced the first four entrants into the tournament to the crowd in Oolitic: Defending KOTDM Mad Man Pondo, JC Bailey, Wifebeater, and Ryan Boz. Tickets in non-ringside seating areas will go on sale during the coming weeks (stay tuned to the IWA web site for details). The last two rows of the bleachers in the Oolitic Gym will be sold for just $20 for a weekend pass ($10 per night).

IWA returns to action next Saturday, 5/29 with the IWA World Tag Team Title Tournament in Highland, IN at the Lincoln Center, and next Sunday, 5/30 with the IWA Mid-South/NWA Midwest Women's Title Tournament in Hammond, IN at the National Guard Armory.

For the latest IWA information, call the hotlines at 502-569-1701 in Louisville and 630-585-3958 in Chicago.

Don't forget, next weekend, 5/29 & 5/30, IWA Mid-South, in association with the midwest office of the NWA, presents two big title tournaments in northern Indiana.

Saturday, May 29th is the IWA World Tag Team Title Tournament at the Lincoln Center (2450 Lincoln Street) in Highland, Indiana. Bell time is 7:30pm. Tickets are $25, $20, and $15, and will be available at the door. They are also available in advance at the Lincoln Center box office. On the card: Chris Hero vs. Samoa Joe, Sabu vs. Jerry Lynn, plus a single elimination tournament consisting of B-Boy & Homicide, Black Jack Marciano & Eddie Kingston, CM Punk & Colt Cabana, M-Dogg 20 & Josh Prohibition, Tracy Smothers & Chris Hamrick, Nigel McGuinness & Chad Collyer, Brad Bradley & Ryan Boz, and Ricky Reyes & Puma. (The team of Ian Rotten & Steve Stone have pulled themselves out of the tournament due to internal friction between the two, and no longer wanting to team with one another.)

Sunday, May 30th is the IWA Mid-South/NWA Midwest Women's Title Tournament at the National Guard Armory (located at 2530 173rd Street) in Hammond, Indiana, just under three miles away from the Lincoln Center! Tickets are $20, $15, and $10, and will be available at the door. On the card: A six-man tag team elimination match of Chris Hero & B-Boy & Homicide vs. CM Punk & BJ Whitmer & Samoa Joe, plus a one night single elimination tournament including Daizee Haze, Rain, Allison Danger, MsChif, Lacey, ODB, Angel Williams, Mickie Knuckles, Ariel, Tracy Brooks, and Mercedes Martinez.

Also, take note that the originally scheduled date of June 4th for IWA's return to the National Guard Armory in Lafayette, IN has been moved to June 11th. Mark your calendars!

If you'd like to help spread the word locally about our events by helping the IWA Street Team flyer, particularly during the latter half of this coming week for the Hammond & Highland shows, send an E-mail to [email protected] with your contact information.

Stay tuned to iwamidsouthwrestling.com for all of the latest updates, and call the IWA hotlines at 502-569-1701 in Louisville or 630-585-3958 in Chicago.

I'm guessing A.J. Styles vs. Petey Williams rocked the house, but Nate Webb is my pick to take the title. May 29th is looking like another can't-miss show from IWA Mid-South, with Chris Hero vs. Samoa Joe, Jerry Lynn vs. Sabu, and the loaded tag team tournament. I'm hoping for a B-Boy and Homicide vs. C.M. Punk and Colt Cabana semi-final or final.

Guest Markingout

I highly doubt that Nate Webb will win. He is to small. I need to see the brackets to decide who will win, but from what I see I am betting on Petey Williams. IWA has been putting over this guy huge since his first few matches in IWA, and the fans love him.

First off, I don't know if you've ever seen Nate Webb, but while he is lanky, he isn't that small. He could have more muscle to him, but it's not like he's a tiny person.

And one more thing: Ryan Boz in KOTDM? Wow. That's...um, interesting.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood
I highly doubt that Nate Webb will win. He is to small. I need to see the brackets to decide who will win, but from what I see I am betting on Petey Williams. IWA has been putting over this guy huge since his first few matches in IWA, and the fans love him.

Yeah, what PFL said-compared to Nate, Petey is a fucking midget. Regardless, I think he'd be a good choice to win the new title.

Guest Evolution

Got a show on Saturday the 29th, so won't be able to make it to that show, but we are planning a get together at the Armory for the 30th, and we might even get hooked up with some free tickets since we've been talking with Mickie Knuckles lately.

So, I'm hoping to check out the Battle of the Stiffest and the Tournament of the Giving-Men-Stiffies on the 30th and recover on Memorial Day.

New info about both nights, just released...

Here is your latest news update concerning this coming weekend's title tournaments just outside of Chicago!

IWA Mid-South Wrestling returns to the Lincoln Center (2450 Lincoln Street) in Highland, Indiana this Saturday night, May 29th for the IWA World Tag Team Title Tournament. Bell time is 7:30pm. Tickets are $25, $20, and $15, will be available at the door on the night of the event, and are currently available in advance at the Lincoln Center box office.

The first round pairings in the eight team single elimination tournament have been announced! They are...

"The Wildcards" EDDIE KINGSTON & BLACK JACK MARCIANO vs. "Southern Comfort" TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK

M-DOGG 20 & JOSH PROHIBITION vs. "The Notorious 187" HOMICIDE & "The New Age Punisher" B-BOY

"Second City Saints" CM PUNK & COLT CABANA vs. NIGEL McGUINNESS & CHAD COLLYER

"The Havana Pitbulls" RICKY REYES & PUMA vs. BRAD BRADLEY & RYAN BOZ

Plus, in non-tournament action on 5/29...

CHRIS HERO vs. SAMOA JOE

SABU vs. JERRY LYNN

***Six-Way Elimination Match***

"Barbaric Berzerker" JIMMY JACOBS vs. "Spyder" NATE WEBB vs. PETEY WILLIAMS vs. "The Next" ALEX SHELLEY vs. DELIRIOUS vs. RODERICK STRONG

***IWA World Heavyweight Title Match***

[Champion] BJ WHITMER vs. Winner of Six-Way

That's eleven big matches in all Saturday night, 5/29 in Highland at the Lincoln Center!

Then, the very next night, Sunday, May 30th, IWA Mid-South Wrestling, in assocation with the midwest office of the National Wrestling Alliance, presents the IWA Mid-South/NWA Midwest Women's Title Tournament at the National Guard Armory (2530 173rd Street) in Hammond, Indiana, just under three miles away from the Lincoln Center! Bell time is 7pm. Tickets are $20, $15, and $10, and will be available at the door.

A men's match will be a part of the festivities, alongside the one night single elimination women's tournament.

***Six-Man Tag Team Elimination Match***

CHRIS HERO & HOMICIDE & B-BOY vs. CM PUNK & BJ WHITMER & SAMOA JOE

The tournament itself will consist of three four woman brackets, and a three-way elimination final. Confirmed for participation in the tournament...

DAIZEE HAZE

TRACY BROOKS

RAIN

MERCEDES MARTINEZ

MsCHIF

ALLISON DANGER

ARIEL

MICKIE KNUCKLES

LACEY

LEXIE FYFE

Two previously announced women for the tournament, Angel Williams and ODB, have had to pull out of competition due to necessary recovery time from recent cosmetic surgery.

Some background on a few of the women in the tournament who IWA fans haven't seen recently in IWA rings...

IWA Mid-South Women's Division veteran "Foxy Lady" Lexie Fyfe has been added to the field. Lexie appeared in IWA Mid-South during 2001 in a feud with "Sensational" Sherri Martel before relocating to Florida shortly thereafter. Lexie is a well traveled female competitor that wanted a piece of the current IWA crop, and has been granted a spot in the tournament. For more on Lexie, visit http://www.lexiefyfe.com/ to check her out.

East coast standout Mercedes Martinez, who recently appeared on several occasions for Combat Zone Wrestling, New England Championship Wrestling, Chikara, and Kiryoku Pro, will make her IWA Mid-South debut as part of the tournament. Mercedes is highly regarded as one of the very best women in the country, mixing a solid technical style with hard hitting strikes.

Recently returning from her first tour of Japan, where she had the opportunity to wrestle alongside Sumie Sakai, as well as oppose joshi star Etsuko Mita, current Ring of Honor roster member Ariel has been added to the tournament bracketing. Visit http://www.arielsworld.com/ for more info on this Massachusetts based female grappler.

Current NWA-TNA star Tracy Brooks will also be a part of the tournament. This Canadian competitor, more known from TNA in her role as a manager, is also an accomplished pro wrestler, having won the 2003 Women's Super 8 tournament, promoted by Afa The Wild Samoan in Danbury, CT. Tracy wrestled for IWA at the first night of our 7th Anniversary Weekend last year, and will make her IWA return as part of the tournament. Visit http://www.tracybrooks.net/ for more on Tracy.

An update on the bracketing and participants for the Women's Title Tournament will be posted during the coming days.

Be sure to join us for an exciting Memorial Day Weekend of IWA tournaments! This Saturday and Sunday, just outside Chicago!

KING OF THE DEATH MATCHES 2004 NOTES

Two more competitors have been added to the field for the King of the Death Matches 2004 tournament, to be held June 25th & 26th at the Community Center Gym (235 Hoosier Avenue) in Oolitic, Indiana.

Previously announced for participation were reigning KOTDM Mad Man Pondo, JC Bailey, Wifebeater, and Ryan Boz.

Plus, just signed to participate in the tournament....

"Low Life" LOUIE RAMOS

and

"The Notorious 187" HOMICIDE

Mark your calendars! June 25th and 26th is the KOTDM 2004, IWA Mid-South's final death match tournament!

For the latest IWA information, call the hotlines at 502-569-1701 in Louisville or 630-585-3958 in Chicago.

Guest midnight_burn

Looks like a change has been made to the six-way elimination match for the Tag Tourney show on the 29th, with Austin Aries added to make it a seven-way match.

Guest midnight_burn

Full results for the tag tournament show

IWA Mid-South Wrestling returned to the Lincoln Center in Highland, Indiana on Saturday night, 5/29. Here's what went down...

1. DANNY DANIELS def. EDDIE EDWARDS in the opening contest.

2. SUMIE SAKAI def. RAIN (w/ Lacey) with two missile dropkicks, followed by a moonsault.

3. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. EDDIE KINGSTON & BLACK JACK MARCIANO to advance to the second round of the tournament.

4. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA (w/ Tracy Brooks) def. NIGEL McGUINNESS & CHAD COLLYER to advance to the second round of the tournament.

5. RICKY REYES & PUMA def. BRAD BRADLEY & RYAN BOZ (w/ Carmine DeSpirito) to advance to the second round of the tournament.

6. HOMICIDE & B-BOY def. M-DOGG 20 & JOSH PROHIBITION to advance to the second round of the tournament.

7. PETEY WILLIAMS def. JIMMY JACOBS (w/ Becky Bayless) & ALEX SHELLEY & RODERICK STRONG & "Spyder" NATE WEBB & AUSTIN ARIES & DELIRIOUS in an Elimination Match to earn an IWA World Title shot.

8. PETEY WILLIAMS def. BJ WHITMER (w/ Jim Fannin) to win the IWA World Heavyweight Championship, following the Canadian Destroyer flip piledriver.

9. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA (w/ Tracy Brooks) def. RICKY REYES & PUMA to advance to the finals of the tournament.

10. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. HOMICIDE & B-BOY to advance to the finals of the tournament.

11. SAMOA JOE def. CHRIS HERO by choking him out.

12. SABU def. JERRY LYNN via submission with the Camel Clutch in a No DQ Match.

13. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA to win the tournament and be crowned new IWA World Tag Team Champions.

Also brackets for the women's tourney:

Pairings for the first round of the tournament are...

ALLISON DANGER vs. MsCHIF

MICKIE KNUCKLES vs. LEXIE FYFE

LACEY vs. TRACY BROOKS

SUMIE SAKAI vs. DAIZEE HAZE

RAIN vs. ARIEL

MERCEDES MARTINEZ vs. OPPONENT TBA

The card will also feature two men's matches...

***Six-Man Tag Team Elimination Match***

CHRIS HERO & B-BOY & HOMICIDE vs. CM PUNK & SAMOA JOE & BJ WHITMER

Plus TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK will defend their newly won IWA World Tag Team Titles.

Edited by midnight_burn

Live thoughts from a useless mind (and I don't mean the entire Chicagowrestling.com "braintrust")...

1. DANNY DANIELS def. EDDIE EDWARDS in the opening contest. (Fun opener; Daniels busted out a lot of moves he usually doesn't bust out; Edwards looked good in his debut)

2. SUMIE SAKAI def. RAIN (w/ Lacey) with two missile dropkicks, followed by a moonsault. (Sumie got super over during the match, and busted out some cool stuff; Rain seemed to keep up.)

3. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. EDDIE KINGSTON & BLACK JACK MARCIANO to advance to the second round of the tournament. (The first of three really, really fun Southern Comfort matches; Kingston and Tracy's interaction with each other was tremendous; Hamrick worked as the face-in-peril and did a great job of it, as usual)

4. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA (w/ Tracy Brooks) def. NIGEL McGUINNESS & CHAD COLLYER to advance to the second round of the tournament. (Lots of Cabana being goofy and having fun with the wacky European stuff; the Saints were way over, as the ROH fans came in droves; Nigel was face-in-peril, and him and Punk seemed to click really well, so well that I hope someone books them in a singles match in the future)

5. RICKY REYES & PUMA def. BRAD BRADLEY & RYAN BOZ (w/ Carmine DeSpirito) to advance to the second round of the tournament. (There seemed to be a lack of crowd heat, and I even overheard some guys sitting behind us calling the Pitbulls "jobbers". For "jobbers", the Pitbulls f'n rocked here. Reyes and Puma overcame the obvious size disadvantage and the awkwardness of having an even match with guys that much larger than them, and made it work. Puma worked without his mask here; is he doing that in SoCal now?)

6. HOMICIDE & B-BOY def. M-DOGG 20 & JOSH PROHIBITION to advance to the second round of the tournament. (Best M-Dogg and Josh match I've ever seen, as 'Cide and B-Boy seemed to work around their strengths (big spots), layer those accordingly, and then attached the story to the match, as they beat on M-Dogg as their face in peril. Amazing spot at the end, as M-Dogg went for a SSP on B-Boy, but 'Cide caught him by the neck on the way down and dropped him with an Ace Crusher, followed by a brutal Cop Killa on JPro for the win)

7. PETEY WILLIAMS def. JIMMY JACOBS (w/ Becky Bayless) & ALEX SHELLEY & RODERICK STRONG & "Spyder" NATE WEBB & AUSTIN ARIES & DELIRIOUS in an Elimination Match to earn an IWA World Title shot. (Really fun match outside of really abrupt eliminations of Delirious and Jacobs; Aries came out as a face and seperate from his Generation Next partners before joining them early in the match; insane spot during the dive sequence where Roderick Strong grabbed Nate's foot while going for a kick and flipped him over the top rope onto the other guys; ended up as Petety and Nate versus Generation Next in a three-on-two tag match; Nate evened the odds by pinning Shelley with a really cool half-nelson/chicken wing twisting DDT thingy; Petey then pinned Nate with the Canadian Destroyer before eliminating Aries the exact same way (Roderick got eliminated with Soylent Green before Shelley); Petey was once again over like rover by the end)

8. PETEY WILLIAMS def. BJ WHITMER (w/ Jim Fannin) to win the IWA World Heavyweight Championship, following the Canadian Destroyer flip piledriver. (Short, but sweet; the heat was awesome for this match; story was that BJ was trying to finish it quickly with big moves, but Petey capitalized on one mistake of BJ's to hit the Canadian Destroyer and win the belt; loud and long "Petey" chant post-match)

9. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA (w/ Tracy Brooks) def. RICKY REYES & PUMA to advance to the finals of the tournament. (For some reason, I can't remember too much from this, other than Cabana hopping around and imitating Speedy Gonzalez during the opening minutes of the match, and that it was good. I apologize for not remembering more, but I was out until about 3 last night and woke up way too damn early)

10. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. HOMICIDE & B-BOY to advance to the finals of the tournament. (Tracy dancing to 'Cide's entrance music might have been one of the greatest things I've ever seen, and I would LOVE to see Homicide work Tracy after seeing them work together in this match; B-Boy and Homicide kept Chris Hamrick in the ring as their face-in-peril (I think; I know he was face-in-peril for at least two of the Southern Comfort tags of the night) before a great finishing sequence, including Hamrick MURDERING B-Boy with a Psycho Driver)

11. SAMOA JOE def. CHRIS HERO by choking him out. (GET THE TAPE! This was, by far, the most fun I've had at a live show in forever, as the crowd in Highland was the loudest I've ever heard an IWA crowd in person with the split chants for both Joe and Hero (both having louder chants than the other at one point or another in the match, but ending up being even); I enjoyed the dueling "Let's go Joe!"/"Let's Go Hero!" chants because, unlike in ROH where it seems to be something to tick off the New York bus crowd, there was actual hatred for Hero by a large section of the ROH fans in the crowd (at least the people who were around us that chanted for Joe; they only cheered Punk, Cabana, and Joe the entire night) as well as the anti-Hero marks that sit by the entrance to get themselves over and flip off Hero during his entrance, and the people who either were annoyed by them or wanted to see the IWA home team win; the match itself was great, but the crowd being so damn into it made it even more amazing)

12. SABU def. JERRY LYNN via submission with the Camel Clutch in a No DQ Match. (Even after intermission, nothing could compare to the Joe/Hero atmosphere, and I felt sorry for Lynn and Sabu for having to try; average Sabu-type match with crowd brawling, chair spots, and moonsaults, though I did notice that he worked Lynn's back with his flying stuff to wear him down for the Camel Clutch)

13. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK def. CM PUNK & COLT CABANA to win the tournament and be crowned new IWA World Tag Team Champions. (By this point, the idiots behind us who kept mocking Tracy and Hamrick for being "retarded old men" had really gotten on my nerves, but you guys don't give a shit what I was thinking at that time, so let's move on...Opening consisted of all of the Saints, including Tracy Brooks, doing the "Tracy Shuffle" (Smothers, not Brooks), and then everyone raising their hands and getting cheered, including referee Muhammed/Jon Lovitz/Robert Lemke...just don't call him Bob; Tracy then schooled Punk on the mat before the Saints took command of the match and kept Smothers in the ring to work him over; funny moment where Cabana puts Tracy in the corner and does some wacky karate chops for comedy, to which Tracy just looks at him bewildered, switches positions, and pounds him with some of his own chops; all hell then breaks loose before Tracy tries to bring Cabana over with a sunset flip, Cabana tries to hold onto Punk, but Hamrick nails a LOUD superkick on Punk to send Cabana over and get the three-count; SCS turned heel after the match by jumping Hamrick and Smothers)

Overall, another tremendous IWA show in Highland. There wasn't anything I would call bad, and there were a few matches that I would call really great (Southern Comfort/Team Friday, Hero/Joe, tag tourney finals). I just hope that the heat for Joe vs. Hero comes off half as good on tape as it did live. It was one of those very rare occasions where everything comes together and the atmosphere becomes amazing. It was fun to get to mark out again, and for that I thank Hero, Joe, and the rest of the IWA crew for bringing that opportunity.

Guest Evolution

I won't be making it to today's show after all, due to more personal reasons than the reason I missed yesterday's show, which sounded very awesome.

IWA Mid-South Wrestling, in association with NWA Midwest, presented a one night single elimination tournament to crown the first IWA Mid-South/NWA Midwest Women's Champion on Sunday night, May 30th. Here's what went down...

DAVE PRAZAK started the show with some announcements concerning the competitors in the tournament, and how during the course of the previous week, several wrestlers that were originally scheduled had to pull out, and though IWA was able to book SUMIE SAKAI to fill one of the voids, one still remained. Additionally, Massachussets based wrestler ARIEL was unable to make her flight to Chicago due to a family emergency earlier that morning. As a result, Ariel's first round opponent, RAIN, would be given a bye into the second round. Also, based on previous experience on the east coast, MERCEDES MARTINEZ would be the other first round bye in what was now forced to become a ten wrestler tournament due to the circumstances.

These announcements brought BECKY BAYLESS to ringside, who asked Prazak if she could fill one of the spots in the tournament. Prazak laughed at her in response, and reminded her that she's a valet, and doesn't have very much actual wrestling experince yet in comparison to the established women in the tournament. Becky said that after being a part of IWA Mid-South for the past year, all she wants is to be given a chance to show what she can do. Still refusing to put her in the tournament, Prazak soon turned around to see that Becky's trainer, HOMICIDE, had entered the ring to take up for his student. He made it short and simple, that Becky will be in the tournament, or else he'd break Prazak's neck. In light of the situation, Prazak quickly announced that Becky would now face Mercedes Martinez in the first round. All eleven women in the tournament were then introduced to the crowd individually, and posed for a group photo in the ring.

1. DAIZEE HAZE def. SUMIE SAKAI in the opening contest.

2. MERCEDES MARTINEZ def. BECKY BAYLESS (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) following a fisherman buster.

3. MICKIE KNUCKLES def. LEXIE FYFE with a shining Kawada kick to the face.

4. LACEY def. TRACY BROOKS (w/ CM Punk) with the implant DDT.

5. MsCHIF def. ALLISON DANGER after blowing red mist in her eyes, and following it up with the Desecrator.

6. DAIZEE HAZE def. RAIN in the first second round match after a modified heart punch, followed up with a butterfly suplex.

7. MERCEDES MARTINEZ def. MICKIE KNUCKLES after a Saito suplex, followed by a fisherman buster.

8. LACEY def. MsCHIF by sweeping MsChif's free leg when she attempted to hit the Desecrator. Lacey scored the fall with her feet on the ropes for leverage.

9. BRAD BRADLEY & RYAN BOZ (w/ Carmine DeSpirito) def. TRACY SMOTHERS & CHRIS HAMRICK to win the IWA World Tag Team Championship after hitting the swinging double horsecollar faceplant on Hamrick.

10. LACEY def. MERCEDES MARTINEZ & DAIZEE HAZE in a three-way elimination final to become the new IWA Mid-South/NWA Midwest Women's Champion. Daizee was the first wrestler eliminated, by Martinez via pinfall. Lacey and Martinez wrestled one on one for an additional seven minutes, with Martinez hitting Lacey with the fisherman buster, but in a ring position that allowed Lacey to put her foot on the bottom rope. Lacey ultimately hit the implant DDT on Martinez for the pinfall. Lacey was presented with the title belt, and was joined in celebration in the ring by her tag team partner RAIN, and eventually all eleven women gathered at ringside as IAN ROTTEN thanked them for their efforts. Rotten announced that IWA Mid-South will remain committed to women's wrestling, and will hold future all-women IWA Mid-South events, in addition to featuring women's matches on its regular shows. Lacey will make her first title defense against Daizee Haze in their previously scheduled Knockout/Submission Match on 6/11 in Lafayette.

11. CHRIS HERO & HOMICIDE & B-BOY def. CM PUNK & SAMOA JOE & BJ WHITMER in a six-man elimination tag team match, which saw Hero as the sole survivor. B-Boy was the first eliminated, followed by Whitmer, then Homicide, leaving Hero to take on both Punk and Joe for the rest of the match. Hero was able to pin Punk following the Hero's Welcome, leaving Hero and Joe to relive their match from the previous night in Highland. Hero battled with Joe until he was able to lock him in the Hangman's Clutch and force him to tap out. After the match, most of the men in the match shook hands, but Punk and Joe refused to shake Hero's hand and left the ring. IAN ROTTEN approached the ring and requested that on 6/11 in Lafayette, Hero and Punk "do it one more time," and face each other in a match with no time limit, one fall to a finish. Punk was reluctant to agree to the match at first, but eventually did. Hero used the phrase "Until we meet again" on the mic in reference to the forthcoming renewal of their feud.

The event was filmed by Smart Mark Video with two cameras, and commentary by Dave Prazak, Eddie Kingston, Danny Daniels, Nate Webb, and Tracy Smothers.

C.M. Punk vs. Chris Hero one more time on 6/11, should be great.

How many people (approx) were at this weekend's shows? It's too bad so few people come to see IWA-MS.

Also, about how long was the six man match?

I couldn't attend unfortunately, but I'm probably buying the tape at One More Time (Hero/Punk in Lafayette), I heard that nothing would make you think that Ian and Prazak were idiots for booking a women's tournament show. As far as one-off matches are concerned, apparantly the finals were pretty good and Mickie Knuckles vs. Mercedes Martinez was comparable to some of the better men's matches of the weekend.

Guest Evolution

PFL, Simply The Best 5 or the May 29th show? Which one is the better purchase?