TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TigerDriver91

About Ric Flair's Book

Guest TigerDriver91

Ric Flair's book coming in July

Ric Flair’s anxiously anticipated autobiography, “To Be The Man,” goes on sale Tuesday, July 6 at WWEShopZone.com and wherever books are sold. Some of the content you can expect in the book:

* Introduction written by Triple H.

* Ric’s childhood, from his adoption to a teenage affair with a married woman.

* How Ric earned a living before breaking into the wrestling industry.

* Details on his first marriage, including children Megan and David.

* Details on his current marriage of over 20 years to Beth and children Ashley and Reid.

* Days of wrestling for Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and NWA.

* Stories about Dusty Rhodes, Andre the Giant, Dick Murdoch, Ray Stevens, Harley Race, Larry Henning, Wahoo McDaniel, Red Bastien, Johnny Valentine, Arn Anderson, Blackjack Mulligan, Terry Funk, Roddy Piper and many, many more.

* Ric was taught the importance of bleeding in a match (not the specifics of how to but more why).

* How his famous robes were created.

* Wrestling experiences all over the world in places such as Japan, Puerto Rico and even communist North Korea with Muhammad Ali.

* His first stint in the World Wrestling Federation.

* Going to WCW and his days with the Four Horsemen.

* The good and mostly bad days at WCW.

* His on- and off-screen feuds with Eric Bischoff.

* How he overcame his personal struggle with a lack of self confidence through the help of his family and a therapist.

* His return to WWE.

* Quotes from Ken Patera, Harley Race, “Mean” Gene Okerlund, Superstar Billy Graham, David Crockett, Charles Robinson, Ricky Steamboat, Megan Fliehr Ketzner, David Fliehr, Jim Barnett, Hugo Savinovich, Beth Fliehr, Sgt. Slaughter, Shawn Michaels, Jim Ross, Gerry Brisco, Jim Cornette, Arn Anderson, Chris Jericho, George South, Mark Madden, Bubba Ray Dudley, Kevin Sullivan, Triple H, Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, Earl Hebner, Steve Austin, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Shawn Michaels and The Hurricane.

* His honest opinions on many people in the wrestling business, including Bruno Sammartino, Ricky Steamboat, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes, the Von Erichs, Lex Luger, Sting, Cowboy Bill Watts, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake, Vince Russo, Jim Herd and Vince McMahon.

WWE.COM

Awesome, Ive been looking forward to this book for quite some time Im going to be buying it for sure, any idea how many pages it will be?

Only good autobiographies have been...meh, best have been 50/50 as all have contained heavy revisionist history. Hopefully this will break that series.

I doubt it, though.

Seeing as how this report is coming from wwe.com, I can't see many anti-WWE comments, especially stuff about guys like Austin and HBK being published with their blessing. Let's just hope that it won't be too censored.

Guest JMA
And not only that, it's flair, who has the spine of a jellyfish.

That does explain his ability to take bumps at his age...

Anyway, I'm kind of apprehensive about this book. Flair seemed to really go crazy during that UK interview.

This is all well and good, but the autograph signings have the potential to be a disaster.

FAN: Mr. Flair, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Mind signing the cover of your autobiography?

FLAIR: Sure, son. Where would you like my autograph?

FAN: Umm.....I don't know. Anywhere. Over your face, I guess.

FLAIR: Did you say face? That's our word! Whooo....you son of a bitch. *SMACK*

If Flair takes his autograph signings on a tour around the country, he could eventually be run out of the business. Every city, he would be hounded by those damn smart fans until he retaliates with violence.

YOUNG FAN: Hi, Mr. Flair. My mom just bought this book for me, and I was hoping you could sign it for me.

FLAIR: Whoo, young man. I'd be glad to. By the way, I like that Triple H shirt you're wearing there.

YOUNG FAN: Thanks, Mr. Flair. Boy, when I grow up, I hope I could have a job like you have.

FLAIR: Did......did you say job.....? *eye twitches*

I don't think it needs to be explained what happens next.

Young Fan: Mr. Flair, could you also sign a card for my mom? She's sick and couldn't come here today; she's an even bigger fan than I am.

Flair: No Problem kid, what's her name?

Young Fan: Kay...

Flair: K-A-Y?

Young Fan: Yeah.

Flair: Ok, and a last name.

Young Fan: F-A-B-E-

Flair: Wait, just a sec kid. I'm gettin on in years, just gimmie a sec.

K-A-Y F-A-B-E..?

Wait a second...

Wow... the mocking has already begun.

I believe he actually wrote this one himself, unlike all the non-Foley books, so it might be a winner.

I'll definitely read it either way.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
It's a WWE book meaning: Bret, Savage, Luger and Hogan get bashed. HBK, HHH, Vince and Taker get praised.

Like Foley's book, where he didn't bash Bret at all?

I can't wait for Flair's rants on Foley...namely because they'll probably be "he's not a wrestler, WHOO!, he's just a damn stuntman, WHOO!"

"And one time...I heard his son Dewey say the word 'sell' so I felt it was my responsibility to give the boy a few chops like a good ol' fashioned rule-breaker. Foley's raising some of those damned smart fans right under my nose. That sum'bitch don't know WRESTLING and he just don't know how to RAISE YOUNGUNS like the NAITCHA-BOY! WHOO~!"

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I believe he actually wrote this one himself, unlike all the non-Foley books, so it might be a winner.

How? He fired the first person who transcribed the book for him and hired someone else. Having someone else writer it up means he didn't do it himself.

I think Foley is the only person to write his own. Maybe Chyna too, but who cares about her book?

I can't wait for Flair's rants on Foley...namely because they'll probably be "he's not a wrestler, WHOO!, he's just a damn stuntman, WHOO!"

"WHOO! he's never gonna draw a dime and he's going to be crippled by the time he is 30 WHOO!"

Guest cobainwasmurdered
It's a WWE book meaning: Bret, Savage, Luger and Hogan get bashed. HBK, HHH, Vince and Taker get praised.

Like Foley's book, where he didn't bash Bret at all?

Foley and Bret were friends though.

Hart has been very critical of Flair so expect the same.

Guest Mr. Adam

How? He fired the first person who transcribed the book for him and hired someone else. Having someone else writer it up means he didn't do it himself.

I think Foley is the only person to write his own. Maybe Chyna too, but who cares about her book?

Nope, wrote it all by himself. He fired the original guy who was helping him. He goes into more detail in the bonus chapter of his first book and his second book.

I believe Bret said that wrestling Flair was one of the greatest disappointments he's ever encountered in a wresting ring, which covers a lot of ground when it comes from the Hitman.

It will be very interesting to see how Flair handles this, if he does at all.

UYI

Guest Loss

Meltzer on Bret/Flair:

I've talked at length with Hart about Flair. Basically the problem was in 92, when they first worked together, Flair called the entire match and really didn't want to listen to input, feeling he was the heel and the veteran. Bret was used to calling matches in WWE. They had very good matches, maybe 1-2 great ones, but had different ideas on how to do them.

In 1998, Hart had a very different feeling and praised Flair to the moon as a worker, but had minor quibbles. He saw him this year and how considers him "not human" and the last time we spoke about him is in total awe of him for how hard he worked, his conditioning and longevity. I don't think he'd say Flair was the greatest worker in history, because he usually reserves that for Dynamite. But he's far higher on him now than he was eight years ago.

Ya know for a guy that doesn't want to get into politics because of skeleteons in his closet, I don't think writing a book about yourself is a good idea....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Nope, wrote it all by himself. He fired the original guy who was helping him. He goes into more detail in the bonus chapter of his first book and his second book.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I knew he had a ghost writer who fucked everything up at first, but I guess I blacked out onc eI read him rating about "their words and phrases".