TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

TSM Movie Tournament Semi-Finals

How the hell did "Fight Club" lose to "Back to the Future"?!

That's what I want to know. Back to the Future had horrible acting, and was a total waste of time. And Michael J. Fox sang. Ugh. I wish it were Fight Club/Reservoir Dogs in the finals.

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
How the hell did "Fight Club" lose to "Back to the Future"?!

Because it was better. BTTF got a **** rating (the highest you can get), so it probably IS really good. (hugsa Trilogy DVD set) My precious...

and BTW, Michael J. Fox lip synced the scene last I checked, which everyone should know. He was the original Milli Vanilli!

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill Vol. 1

I warned you all that this tournament was going straight to hell! I warned you all! And now we're going to get PF-RD final two because they're the two best movies ever.

Sorry, but this all seems like a bit of a joke.

I'm genuinely interested in this right now.

For all the people that are voting for Back to the Future.....PLEASE explain to me just what makes the movie better than both Fight Club AND Pulp Fiction. To me, Back to the Future has always been a fairly mediocre movie - a nice way to waste time, nothing more. Why the hell has it been getting so many votes?

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
I warned you all that this tournament was going straight to hell! I warned you all! And now we're going to get PF-RD final two because they're the two best movies ever.

As stated, more than once... this is favorites, not best.

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill Vol. 1 (How can you make me choose)

To the above post, the movie which is best in your opinion should be your favourite. I don't see how you can say "That's the best movie I've ever seen, but I like this one better".

I'm genuinely interested in this right now.

For all the people that are voting for Back to the Future.....PLEASE explain to me just what makes the movie better than both Fight Club AND Pulp Fiction. To me, Back to the Future has always been a fairly mediocre movie - a nice way to waste time, nothing more. Why the hell has it been getting so many votes?

I didn't vote for BTTF over Pulp Fiction, but did over Fight Club. To me it was because Fight Club, while quite good, is immensely overrated. I think had I seen Fight Club having heard some of the rave reviews I've since heard about I would have been massively underwhelmed.

Comparatively, Back To The Future is just a downright fun movie. It's like the Indiana Jones movies. Yes, they're not exactly profound (neither is Fight Club really) but they're just fun, energetic and watchable movies.

To the above post, the movie which is best in your opinion should be your favourite. I don't see how you can say "That's the best movie I've ever seen, but I like this one better".

I'm 100% sure that Citizen Kane is a better film in all aspects of filmaking and cinema, but I'll be damned if The Goonies isn't more fun to watch than some guy and his sled.

When I've voted in this, I did so by picking the film that I enjoy to watch the most...the film that I can just pop in whenever and enjoy it. I'm still irked over this entire thing though, but whatever.

Back to the Future

Reservoir Dogs

Guest Askewniverse

CM Funk, LPYC, and DH have the right idea as far as voting and the whole "best movie" vs. "favorite movie" thing goes.

I'm still irked over this entire thing though, but whatever.

Just out of curiousity, what irked you? I myself don't exactly like how this tourney turned out.

The thing with these tourneys is that no one is going to be satisfied. Hell, I'm not too happy with the results and I'm running the damn thing. If it were up to me, several movies which didn't receive enough nominations (such as Leon among others) would have been entered into the tourney anyway.

Regarding the Tarantino movies thing, I'm a Tarantino fan, but I do think it's kinda strange that three of his movies are in the final four. Personally, I would've only voted one of those three movies (Pulp Fiction) this far.

As far as match-ups go, I simply drew two movies out of a hat, because I figured that was the fair thing to do.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

The end result of this pissed me off more than every time those damn Williams sisters face each other in the finals of the US/Australian/French/whatever the UK one is called (i can't spell it) Open.

If I did this, I would've just done a bracket of #1 vs. #16/32/64 etc., instead of random drawings, otherwise the favorites to win wouldn't have eliminated each other.

Just out of curiousity, what irked you?

Well, the Tarantino thing for one. I'm a huge fan of his but come on. Having a final four of almost all movies done by the guy?

Then on the other end of it, I don't really have a place to complain since this is about the "favorite" film. So I can't really go on and on about how I don't think those films deserve to be in the finals.

I dunno, it just irks me the the finals are so blah now.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Back To The Future

Kill Tarantino....I mean Bill.

It's not so bad that Tarantino has 3 movies at this point... it's that the one of his that I like the best wasn't involved at all.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Back to the Future

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Kill Bill Vol. 1