TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DCMaximo

Great artists with terrible, terrible songs

Guest wayzing
I think Dancin' Fool does a better job of making fun of disco.

..but I go dancin' every night, hopin' one day I might get it right..

I've got it, you're an Italian!

What? You're Jewish? Oh. Love your nails.

You must be a Libra.

Gotta love that one too.

They has a fit

while I commit

my social suicide

:D

As a Suede fan I've had my fair share of insanely crappy tunes from a favourite band but they never sunk lower than "Savoir Fair" on Head Music.

I'll say Metallica and Eminem here.

Both with tremendous talent, yet wrote themself off either late in their career or at the start for most of it.

I actually thought "The Eminem Show" was his best lyrically so far. Then again, I didn't play it to death like I did with "The Slim Shady LP".

I'll say Metallica and Eminem here.

Both with tremendous talent, yet wrote themself off either late in their career or at the start for most of it.

I actually thought "The Eminem Show" was his best lyrically so far. Then again, I didn't play it to death like I did with "The Slim Shady LP".

Eminem started off strong with the Slim Shady LP, then that thing called the Marshall Mathers LP came out...dear god that was pretty bad....then The Eminem Show came out which is pure genius honestly.

but I think he should hang his head in shame for My Name Is, and alot of songs off the Marshall Mathers LP.

Guest Choken One
Life of Agony-The Entire Soul Searching Sun album save for Weeds, Tangerine, Hemophilac in me and Heroin Dreams.

I'm surprised you chose that album- to me it's LOA's highpoint in terms of great songwriting and "Desire" and "My Mind Is Dangerous" give an indication of the direction Keith would take in his solo career. "Angry Tree" is pap though.

I enjoy "Desire" and "My Mind is Dangerous" because of the fact it was a precursor to the style Keith would adapt as a solo performer(which to me, is somethin amazing)...but I felt the other stuff outside of these 5 songs (Desire, Tangerine, My Mind, Heroin and Hemo)...it was a bad reflection of Agony themselfs...because stuff like Neg, Angry Tree, Whispers and such weren't reflective or least POSITIVE reflection of the great hard stuff Agony was known for...

However, the New Life of Agony song (Love to let you down) is an incredible return to the sound they were once reknown for back in 1993 when River Runs Red ripped through the New York Underground scene...so I appears as if Keith finally got that emotional "chill" groove out of him and has returned with a harder edge...

Godthedog covered You Are Not Alone for me. Maybe if it was 3 minutes long I'd just go "Yeah, that was crap". But it's so drawn out, so sappy, so terrible. I can't understand anyone who says they like the song.

Fear Havoc, I forgot about Jagger/Bowie Dancing In The Street. Terrible.

What I think is crap on Bad:

Bad

Speed Demon

Liberian Girl

Dirty Diana

Smooth Criminal - The most overrated song he ever did. The song is downright terrible, and the supposedly great video isn't much better.

Leave Me Alone.

Mind you, with Bad, I realise that most of that is just in my opinion. I can see how with some of it one could like it, it's just that I really don't.

"you are not alone" is atrocious. the melody line is boring as shit, vocals are weak, instrumentation & production are as sappy as humanly possible, and the lyrics are insipid.

most of 'bad' is amazing.

lennon's "give me some truth" is stupid, as is "crippled inside."

Weak vocals my ass. Listen to the note Michael nails at the end of the tune.

It's an awesome song, I love it.