TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

Whats your favourite sports memory of all time?

Tie between the Patriots first Super Bowl win in 2002 and The Yankees winning their first World Series of my lifetime in 1996.

If the Knicks ever win another NBA title it will be a 3-way tie.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

Jordan's shot on Craig Eihlo in Game 7 of the conference finals to win the game against the Cavs

Duncan's last minute shot from the top of key only to have my hopes dashed by Fisher's .4 second game winner

John Paxsons 3-Pointer to put the Bulls over the Suns in the '93 Finals

My first roller hockey game and the last one of the regular season.

The first one because I was nervous and I can look back to how much I improved.

The last one because my friend almost killed by the other team after he slashed one of their players. (We played four games against them and they started a rivaliry during the fisrt one).

The Mighty Ducks beating Detroit 2 years ago during the playoffs. I was there during games three and four.

The Mighty Ducks beating the Devils 5-2 during Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals because I was there also. I can't believe I got to go to a Stanley Cup Final game. I never go to championship games. It is not hard when you live in California.

Liverpool vs Newcastle...4-3. Not sure about the year (in fact, they met in the previous season and ended with the same score), me head's dizzy at the moment, but goddamn that was a heartstopping soccer game...Collymore scored the winner for the Reds, IIRC. Strange, because I was a Man Utd fan then.

'94 FA Cup Semi final...Oldham Athletic vs. Man Utd - Oldham hang on to a lead until toward the final minutes, Mark Hughes ran free of his marker and scored a dramatic, sweet volley. Marked out like a madman.

On the flip side, when a certain Frenchman unleashed a spectacular Bruce Lee-like flying kick on a spectator. I miss ol' Eric.

Not sure whether this fits here, but here goes: during a sparring session in my local dojo, when my partner attempted to enziguri my noggin...somehow I catched both of his legs and I Jacknifed Powerbombed him. Poor sod.

NFL:

Jacksonville raping the Phin's in Marino's final game in the 99 playoffs. I couldn't stop laughing at how dejected Dan seemed to be on the sidelines after they took him out.

Jacksonville getting all the way to the AFC Championship when no one gave them a hope in hell in 96 since they had only existed for one year.

NBA:

Jordan. Ehlo. Game winner. I must have done that Jordan hop and fist-pumping a thousand times that day.

The Bulls finally beating the Pistons in the playoffs to go to the Finals and win their first championship against LA in 91.

LA getting destroyed in the Finals against Detroit in both 89 and 04. I wasn't a fan of either team, but seeing LA getting massarced holds a special place in my heart.

Minnesota making it to the Conference Finals this year despite everyone thinking that Sacto would beat them.

MLB:

The Braves winning the WS in 95. As a long suffering Braves fan who sat through them losing to the Twins, it just felt sweet.

The Braves sweeping the Mets in 99 to bounce them out of the playoffs.

The Yankees getting beat by small ball in 2002 and an amazing performance by Josh Beckett on 3 days' rest in 2003.

College:

Alabama kicking Miami's punkasses in the Sugar Bowl to win the National Title in 92. After reading all the shit that the Miami players were talking in the days leading up to the game, the victory was that much sweeter.

Alabama beating top-ranked Stanford and the defending national champion Syracuse in the NCAA Tourney to advance to the Elite 8 when everyone was saying we should have never even been in the tourney to begin with.

Kentucky beating Syracuse to win the NCAA Title in 96. Even more sweeter by the fact that I won 150 bucks in a betting pool with some friends from school.