TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingofHarts

What's the most entertaining match of all

One of my favorite entertaining matches, even though it ain't super-great is a barb-wire exploding ring match from Japan with Funk vs. Onita. It's on one of the Schneider comps.

Decent garbage wrestling, some good barb wire shots, entertaining drunk Funk selling, the match is an okay watch, it's the finish that makes it.

The countdown to the ring exploding is audibly playing over the PA. Funk is lying completely motionless in the middle of the ring. Onita has escaped the ring, and is pacing, apparently distressed. As the countdown approached zero, Onita seems to reach a decision, and darts into the ring, and covers Funk up, protecting him from the explosion. (which looks pretty good) The crowd, which has been completely apeshit the whole match goes DEAD silent. As the camera is focused on the ring, which is so shrouded in smoke that the figures of the wrestlers cannot be seen, the BIGGEST CHEESIEST guitar solo I have ever had the privelege of hearing begins to blare over the PA. It continues to play until the bodies of Funk and Onita can be seen.

Cut to the dressing room. Funk cuts a good promo in front of Onita, saying he loves and respects him, but he can't let him(Onita) beat him(Funk), and walks out of the room. Zoom in on Onita staring soulfully after him, tears running down his face.

Then a cool shot of Onita exiting the arena, and the fence outside being packed tight with screaming Japanese fans, whom he salutes.

Epic.

dusty rhodes .vs. ric flair starcade 85i just found this to be really entertaining. bonus favourite segment: this one in the dying days of wcw where the cat and kanyon brawl in a hospital and the cat reves up this machine and electricutes kanyons ass!

One of my favorite entertaining matches, even though it ain't super-great is a barb-wire exploding ring match from Japan with Funk vs. Onita. It's on one of the Schneider comps.

Decent garbage wrestling, some good barb wire shots, entertaining drunk Funk selling, the match is an okay watch, it's the finish that makes it.

The countdown to the ring exploding is audibly playing over the PA. Funk is lying completely motionless in the middle of the ring. Onita has escaped the ring, and is pacing, apparently distressed. As the countdown approached zero, Onita seems to reach a decision, and darts into the ring, and covers Funk up, protecting him from the explosion. (which looks pretty good) The crowd, which has been completely apeshit the whole match goes DEAD silent. As the camera is focused on the ring, which is so shrouded in smoke that the figures of the wrestlers cannot be seen, the BIGGEST CHEESIEST guitar solo I have ever had the privelege of hearing begins to blare over the PA. It continues to play until the bodies of Funk and Onita can be seen.

Cut to the dressing room. Funk cuts a good promo in front of Onita, saying he loves and respects him, but he can't let him(Onita) beat him(Funk), and walks out of the room. Zoom in on Onita staring soulfully after him, tears running down his face.

Then a cool shot of Onita exiting the arena, and the fence outside being packed tight with screaming Japanese fans, whom he salutes.

Epic.

That's the greatest thing I have ever read.

Some entertaining matches for me were:

Low Ki vs Delirious from a Ring of Honor show(the name and date of the show escapes me). Low Ki just kicks the shit out of that poor kid. Low Ki just beats this guy like a red headed step child.

Low Ki and Amazing Red have a couple of matches that entertained me, especially the one match where they started to dodge all of each other's kicks and strikes. Just awesome to see.

Some of the Steiner Brothers' WWF matches against jobbers are just so fun to watch. They just suplex the hell out of the poor bastards.

Guest whatitistoburn

5 Things I Can Always Watch (no order):

1. Low Ki v Red - from the ROH tourny where they did the matrix shit at the start.

2. Raven/Richards v The Pitbulls - 2/3 Falls Dog Collar - overbooked to hell, but in a beautiful way

3. The 92 Rumble - The commentary kills me.

4. Wargames - Wrestlewar 92

5. Mick Foley v The Rock - Foley's first title win. My favorite match of all time. I still mark out like a little kid when Rock takes the chair shot.

5 Things I Can Always Watch (no order):

1. Low Ki v Red - from the ROH tourny where they did the matrix shit at the start.

2. Raven/Richards v The Pitbulls - 2/3 Falls Dog Collar - overbooked to hell, but in a beautiful way

3. The 92 Rumble - The commentary kills me.

4. Wargames - Wrestlewar 92

5. Mick Foley v The Rock - Foley's first title win. My favorite match of all time. I still mark out like a little kid when Rock takes the chair shot.

Umm....Why????

I propose that we have a rule explaning our choices