TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OraleHolmes

Phil Jackson leaves the Lakers

Guest OraleHolmes

Phil Jackson and Jerry Buss mutually agreed to terminate his head coaching position. However, this doesn't mean that Jackson won't occupy a job in the Lakers' front office. That should be interesting.

Guest slacklet

In addition, Kobe opted out of his contract and Shaq wants to be traded immediately (ESPN).

Dynasty = Over.

Guest Jimbo

Shaq wants to be traded? Damn.

Wonder what team is gonna give up for the man. Should be interesting to see how much he goes for...one could make a legit case that Shaq for two 2-3 top players of a team would be fair, or at least some top player and some top draft picks...ought to be veeeery interesting to see how that plays out...

I really resent this nonsense of trying to railroad every single topic of conversation into single threads. A specific situation such as this, or what Kobe does, or the draft, or an important trade, or an important free agency signing, deserve their own threads. They are specific topics of conversations. Now that KingPk is a Sports Mod, he should really put a stop to this crap.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

What's with your whining?

Jeez, you seem to really have a grudge against the thread.

Calm down, buddy.

Its not that thread in particular. Its just these threads pop up like locust when they are completely unnecessary. We had a OaO NBA and a OaO NHL SEASON thread for christ sakes. Only quick thinking prevented a OaO MLB thread.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Both NBA OAO threads were both run successful and we had no problems. There were several good convos in each thread.

I posted in the NHL thread during the season and the playoffs and had no problems.

You need to calm down.

I'm calm. I might be preaching to the choir here, but I just think discussion is better served when we have a specific topic to discuss. Alot of OaO threads are meaningless drivel that resemble chats more than discussion forums.

I am quite happy to see the Lakers falling apart at the seams. It's hard to imagine that just a few weeks ago, they were unstoppable, now they are rapidly destructing. Hopefully, they won't suck too horribly next season. I hope Phil enjoys his retirement or whatever else he plans on doing next season.

I posted in the NHL thread during the season and the playoffs and had no problems.

You need to calm down.

I'm calm. I might be preaching to the choir here, but I just think discussion is better served when we have a specific topic to discuss. Alot of OaO threads are meaningless drivel that resemble chats more than discussion forums.

I see your point, but it seems that you're outnumbered when it comes down to it, as nobody else seems to have a problem with said threads.

There have been three NHL Post-season threads that I've been a part of, and all three of them were much better than making a thread with six replies about something.

I wasn't on the internet or old enough to get most off-court stuff at the time, so was there this degree of hatred for the Bulls when they dominated during the 90s?

Peter Vescey was just on Best Damn Sports show. He thinks Kobe will end up in New York because they he might have a sweetheart deal with Nike that if he's in the big apple they will double his shoe contract. Also He said T Mac wants to play in Houston next year and Rasheed will probably stay put in Detroit.

Guest FrigidSoul
I wasn't on the internet or old enough to get most off-court stuff at the time, so was there this degree of hatred for the Bulls when they dominated during the 90s?

I believe we're close in age but I do remember it, and can say no there wasn't. Main reason being that Michael Jordan was the man and a stand-up guy...unlike Shaq who runs his mouth constantly. Pippen was more like Jordan's Kobe, and Pippen wasn't some punk in a rape scandle. He may have annoyed other players but he was a quiet background guy and bothered nobody. I think the only people that truly hated the Bulls in that era besides the fans of the Western Conference teams they beat would probably be Knicks fans and Cavs fans.

I think the only people that truly hated the Bulls in that era besides the fans of the Western Conference teams they beat would probably be Knicks fans and Cavs fans.

<Watches ESPN show the Jordan over Ehlo clip for no good reason for the 4 millionth time>

Yes, we DID truly hate them.

- Tino

(A Cavs fan)

Oh, I remember the Bulls ruling the 90s (hell, that's when I became a fan and still am, goddammit), I just didn't watch much in the way of talking head programming or read editorials when I was that age (14 when the Bulls won their final title).

Guest FrigidSoul

Kotz, after checking your age and seeing I'm almost 2 years older than you there's no way you were 14 when they won their first title. Unless you mean their first title in the second threepeat. You were probably 8 or 9 when they won their first title of the Jordan era(not being a major basketball historian I've no clue if they won titles before that)

Kotz, after checking your age and seeing I'm almost 2 years older than you there's no way you were 14 when they won their first title. Unless you mean their first title in the second threepeat. You were probably 8 or 9 when they won their first title of the Jordan era(not being a major basketball historian I've no clue if they won titles before that)

Yes, when Jordan won it in 1991 it was the Bulls' first title.

Guest OraleHolmes

Well, now that Shaq wants to be traded, I think he should be sent back to Orlando for McGrady, the number on pick, Howard, and a future number one pick.

Guest FrigidSoul

Shreq isn't worth that much. He's getting older and can't run.

T-Mac > Shreq

Guest OraleHolmes

The Lakers could've gotten a whole team for him last year. It's too bad that he had to deteriorate within the span of one year.

Personally, I think the Lakers should trade Kobe too. OH WELL.

Guest El Satanico
The only even trade I can see for Shaq anywhere is Shaq to Atlanta Hawks for a 3rd round pick, if even that.

That crossed the line between Anti Laker and pure stupidity