TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

Hello...

Guest Kevin

Hello,

I'm new here and I was woundering whats the best comics to start out with to start a collection because i would love to start collecting comics and if you know where to get some comics for cheap to start out with nothing to high please tell me :)

Hey Kevin, great name.

The best place to start for Marvel is probably the "Essential" series, where you get a bunch of the early Spider-Man, X-Men and other comics for around $25. The drawback is that these comics are in black and white, but make up for that with about 20 stories in each volume.

Another good starter would be to go to Barnes and Noble and get the "Ultimate Spider-Man" compendium, which I think contain the first 36-40 issues of the book. But it costs $40-50, so it might be out of your price range.

If you're willing to look around for stuff, go to ComicBookConventions.com and find a convention in your area. Admission is generally cheap, and you can find a LOT of comics for cheap - generally 3 or 4 for a dollar. These may not be the best stories in the world, but it allows you to sample a variety of comics. My advice would be to look at the covers and see what appeals to you - one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Happy hunting!

Guest The Last Free Voice

If you're looking for more high concept stuff, and not the standard Superhero fare, go with Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. That and Alan Moore is practically considered a god by the fanboy's at large, so he's a good bet too. His DC works were recently collected in an anthology.

Guest Kevin

Thanks Guys,

I'll take a look at those sites and I've gotten in the mail the other day a few of these comics called Sleeper I just read the first one but I don't have the second one if you know where I can get the second one or if you have it for sell let me know because he gave me the 1-12 issues but he didn't give me the 2nd one I would love to read more of the this comic but I don't know if it connited from the 2nd to the 3rd so let me know if you know what I mean lol...