TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silence

Is there anything similar to KaZaA Lite?

I just recently found out that KaZaA Lite (not the Resurrection version) put Spyware into my computer according to a Taskmaster employee, since I took my computer to Taskmaster just three days ago because my Internet connection was scratchy recently and wouldn't go through anymore, so I had to use my dad's computer for two days.

The ironic thing is that I thought someone on here told me that KaZaA Lite DIDN'T have Adware and Spyware, but it apparently does.

What I'd like to ask is: Is there any file-sharing program similar to KaZaA Lite that gives me Mp3's, wrestling matches, etc. like KaZaA Lite did, except without the Spyware?

Help would be appreciated.

That's gotta be bullshit. Lite/Resurrection doesn't have any ad/spyware. You probably picked it up elsewhere.

But the Taskmaster employee told me not to download KaZaA (she never said Lite, though, but I found out that she had deleted Lite when I tried to click the icon on my desktop and it gave me a message) since she found out it put Spyware into my computer. I didn't want to believe it either, but I had no choice but to eliminate the KaZaA icon on my desktop since the program wouldn't work anymore anyway.

I really don't know what to believe, to be honest with everyone. Aren't Spyware viruses hidden, also?

I've had K-Lite for almost two years, and have had no problems with it introducing spyware into my computer.

I have a problem with the internet introducing spyware, but that's easily solvable.

Guest slacklet
That's gotta be bullshit. Lite/Resurrection doesn't have any ad/spyware. You probably picked it up elsewhere.

But the Taskmaster employee told me not to download KaZaA (she never said Lite, though, but I found out that she had deleted Lite when I tried to click the icon on my desktop and it gave me a message) since she found out it put Spyware into my computer. I didn't want to believe it either, but I had no choice but to eliminate the KaZaA icon on my desktop since the program wouldn't work anymore anyway.

I really don't know what to believe, to be honest with everyone. Aren't Spyware viruses hidden, also?

Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa Lite Resurrection do *not* have Spyware.

I'm assuming you have regular Kazaa Lite, which is a worthless piece of crap.

It is possible to acquire viruses by downloading exe files that appear to be programs but are indeed viruses.

Don't ever do that. Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa Lite Resurrection have options to filter out suspicious files.

And if you're worried about spyware, just run Ad-Aware after you install any version of Kazaa.

Resurrection is more or less a name change, from the K++ before it. There are minor upgrades, among them the interface, IIRC, but that's it. The name change was brought about during a legal battle the people behind Lite had with the "real" Kazaa.

Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa Lite Resurrection do *not* have Spyware.

I'm assuming you have regular Kazaa Lite, which is a worthless piece of crap.

It is possible to acquire viruses by downloading exe files that appear to be programs but are indeed viruses.

Don't ever do that. Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa Lite Resurrection have options to filter out suspicious files.

And if you're worried about spyware, just run Ad-Aware after you install any version of Kazaa.

I had KaZaA Lite K++, but I don't think that made a difference.

The person who worked on my computer did install Spy Sweeper, so I guess I should try to download KaZaA Lite Resurrection and possibly Ad-Aware just to be on the safe side. Does anyone have the link to Resurrection?

Guest Hero to all Children

Hint: Google it. You're likely to get a lot of possible sources for download that way.

Guest news_gimmick

I used Ares Galaxy to download off of. Its great and easy to use just like KaZza. Check it out at download.com

Yes, it will. At least I think so. I had three old downloads on the list that I last touched with the original kazaa months ago. That's after uninstalling it and purging all the spyware from my registry and harddrive in general.

HERE

Really .. it's not that hard.

By the way: Google isn't the only search engine. Just the best one.

Shareaza.

Agreed. Shareaza is IMO the best P2P file sharing utility out there, and the one I've had the best success with finding hard to find shit and getting fast DL times. It works off of the emule, bareshare, *something else* and torrent networks all at the same time, culling files from all of them. Plus it runs smoothly in the background on my RAM -stressed CPU and doesn't slow down my internet browsing very much.

Two thumbs up to Shareaza! :cheers:

On a related note, I had to give up on Kazaa Lite once and for all after I moved back to an old laptop (the newer one has a busted battery input and I've been procrastinating on sending in into the manufacturer). I run the original version of Windows 98 on this computer and EVERY SINGLE version of Kazaa I've tried has freezed up once I start DLing files.

Is this a typical problem with 98? I couldn't find any helpful literature on it and gave up all hope of finding a solution :bonk: