TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

One

Guest Choken One

just thinking...

In the history of recorded music...What song "title" has been used the most?

I'm inclined to say "One" simply for the fact I can name about 25 different bands/artists whom have a song called "one".

I'm inclined to say "One" simply for the fact I can name about 25 different bands/artists whom have a song called "one".

Ok, well go ahead and list 'em.

I'm not doubting you, but if you're gonna say you can do it, do it.

I went to allmusic.com, and looked it up. They have 655 different albums that contain a song titled "One" listed. Some are dupes though.

Actually it has one inside the title name of the song.

Ok, well go ahead and list 'em.

I'm not doubting you, but if you're gonna say you can do it, do it.

Can't you do it yourself? I'm feeling rather lazy...

Guest jacksonesptama

A lot of bands use "Down" as a song title too, just off of the top of my head 311, Blink 182, STP, Motograder, Fuel and Socialburn. It would be really nice for some original song titles once and a while, it seems like a lot of bands get lazy and only use one word to title all their songs...

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
What is worse is songs with the word "every" in the title, whether it be "everywhere", "everytime", or "everything."

Despite the fact that the word every is not in those titles, but merely part of a compound word found in the title.

What is worse is songs with the word "every" in the title, whether it be "everywhere", "everytime", or "everything."

Despite the fact that the word every is not in those titles, but merely part of a compound word found in the title.

You know what I mean! It's just so very generic to use that word in any form in any song title, regardless of whether or not its part of a compound word.

I used to work at the Wall music stores. We had computer databases where you could search by artist, album title, or even song title. Sometimes people would come in and say, "I heard this song, I think it goes something like..." and then repeat one line of words. One lady even said "I think it was called, 'I Love You.'" I looked at her like she had elephantitis. Sure enough, the return on a search of songs titled "I Love You" were in the multiple hundreds.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

By the time this "punk" trend is over it's gonna be "anthem" and other variations.

Guest Coffey
The only "One"'s I can think of off the top of my head are U2, Metallica, and Creed. I'm sure there's more.

Those are the only three that I can think of as well.