TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Red Sox-Yankees Series

Nomar was about to cry after the game. If he ain't producing, BoSox will be losing. Unless the Red Sox trade him for a top line pitcher, I don't see them catching the Yankees, although I never thought they would in the first place.

There are no problems with the Sox right now.  help.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, come on, at the very, VERY least you have to mention their disgusting fielding. I (A Yankee fan) was actually embarassed for them at the end of the night.

All teams have weaknesses. I'm just saying the Sox aren't in danger of collapsing right now.

Guest Anglesault
I'm just saying the Sox aren't in danger of collapsing right now.

The Wonder Team of Nomah, Bob Holly, Bellhorn and Pokey play like they did last night tonight and tomorrow, and they have collapsed. 8 and a half out, 9 in the loss column, and it's basically over.

I'm just saying the Sox aren't in danger of collapsing right now.

The Wonder Team of Nomah, Bob Holly, Bellhorn and Pokey play like they did last night tonight and tomorrow, and they have collapsed. 8 and a half out, 9 in the loss column, and it's basically over.

The thing is, they don't have to beat the Yankees to make the playoffs. And their Runs Scored/Allowed differential is very good. If they make a move, it could be a panic move which makes the club worse in the future.

Guest Anglesault
If they make a move, it could be a panic move which makes the club worse in the future.

I never said make a move. Run some kind of extra infield practice or something.

Humiliate them. Take the four infielders, stand four feet in front of them, and roll balls to them like in little league. All the while, saying, "I know this might be difficult, but if you want to finish ahead of the Devil Rays, you're gonna have to make plays in the infield."

Have the slowest man on the team (Ortiz? If so, pay him extra money to come to this, since he is doing his job) and put Varitek behind the plate, and just let the guy run, while trashing "'Tek" and screaming how he couldn't get a four hundred pound woman.

Light some kind of fire under these guys asses. Make them care.

And no team should ever play for the Wild Card. You play well enough to win the division, and if the other team beats you out, you accept the Wild Card.

I don't think Papi is the slowest on the team. He hustles and when he does, he's actually pretty fast for a guy his size. I'd say McCarty is the slowest on the team.

Guest Anglesault
I don't think Papi is the slowest on the team. He hustles and .

I never accused him of not hustling. Just from what I've seen of the guy, he's on the slower side.

I don't think Papi is the slowest on the team. He hustles and .

I never accused him of not hustling. Just from what I've seen of the guy, he's on the slower side.

Not saying you were. Just saying that he's not the slowest, since he hustles on every groundout.

The thing is, they don't have to beat the Yankees to make the playoffs.

They are tied with Oakland for the Wild Card. Chicago or Minny, and Anaheim are right behind as well. Since it doesn't look like they will catch up to the Yankees, they are in pretty dangerous territory. Heck, even Tampa is only 4 1/2 behind. They better make SOME move. The Playoffs for the BoSox isn't a sure thing right now.

Guest Anglesault

By the way, I was wondering what you guys think of Pedro seemingly falling further over the cliff into insanity yesterday?

I'd love to just have his defense, but it's not allowed, he has to hit.

Actually, they could DH for Pokey, but then they'd have to bat their pitcher.

I don't think Pokey is such a bad hitter. He needs to take more walks and lower the K's but he can put the bat on the ball and does get some good looking hits. The Sox need to put in some work with him, but they need his defense and with Manny, Ortiz & Co. they can afford a weak spot or two in the lineup.

I can't wait for Jon Lieber to no-hit them tonight B-)

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Well your gonna have to wait on that, and well past tonight.

Sox looking much better than they did last night.....which sucks.

Guest Anglesault

godfuckingdamnmotherfuckingpieceofshitDavidOrtizgodfuckingdamnmotherfuckingpiece

ofshit

Guest Anglesault
shrek.gif

Fear him AngleSault!

I already do.

And I just don't fucking get it.

Wakefield is having a bad year with an awful ERA and we STILL can't hit the man.

I just don't fucking get it.

Guest Anglesault

We've lost another series to the Red Sox. Amazing. Simply amazing.

Ah well. 4 and 1/2 is still goodish.

As bad as Wake has been this year, he always owns the Yankees.

Well, except for the time Boone closed his eyes and swung as hard as he could.

I thought that after all the comeback victories the Yankees have had this year, you'd know better.

Jeebus Tapdancing Christo.

Al thinks the Sox don't have problems? Problem numero uno was just exhibited: they leave too many men on base.

Guest Anglesault

I thought that after all the comeback victories the Yankees have had this year, you'd know better.

My bitter tirades usually lead to a comeback.

Al thinks the Sox don't have problems? Problem numero uno was just exhibited: they leave too many men on base.

Against Heredia.

And what do you do to solve this problem? Better hitters? Ortiz was supposively clutch MVP God last season/

I know it really isn't a problem that can be fixed immediately by a trade or anything, but you DID say:

There are no problems with the Sox right now.

EDIT: MORE FUCKING UNEARNED RUNS!!!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!

That's problem #2 with them, by the way. That is up to 60 unearned runs on the year.

Edited by Kingpk

I know it really isn't a problem that can be fixed immediately by a trade or anything, but you DID say:

Jesus, teams leave guys on base all the time. EVERY team in baseball leaves guys on base. And despite this LOB "problem," the Sox still manage to score alot of runs.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Oh man how many older Red Sox fans just went through a string of flashbacks!? :P

And Anglesault, you might of jumped the gun there.

Jesus, teams leave guys on base all the time. EVERY team in baseball leaves guys on base. And despite this LOB "problem," the Sox still manage to score alot of runs.

They never do it with consistency, though. For every game they score 12 runs, it seems like the next day they leave 8 guys on base and lose 4-3.

They never do it with consistency, though. For every game they score 12 runs, it seems like the next day they leave 8 guys on base and lose 4-3.

So how do you fix it? If there's no real solution, then its just something that happens, rather than an identifyable problem.

I don't know, it's just frustrating as hell. When you have the bases loaded with NO-ONE out, logic indicates that you should at least get ONE run out of it, even if it's just from a sac fly.