TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

What kind of shape are you in?

5' 6", about 260lbs.  which is down from my peak at 320lbs.

Exponential improvement. Keep up the good work. What's your trick?

no trick really. i just eat less, and lift weights. nothing much. and this is over a period of a year and a half. still got a long way to go, tho.

Hey, good to hear it Slobby, I know you said at WDI you were trying to lose. So congrats and keep it up. 

thanks, Hoff.

Keep working hard, you'll get there!

5' 10" 210, and that cos I got back from University with my Take-Away Diet.

By the end of the summer I'll be 200 just cos my mom's cooking is better.

6'10" and right now I'm hovering around 330. I want to slim down to about 315ish or so and have been doing more cardio and endurance training during my workouts than I did in the past. I work out about 5 days a week or sometimes 6 if I'm feeling guilty about missing one day at the gym.

I love running on the beach in the mornings.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Sass is also the person on TSM I'd most like to box.

Sass is also the person on TSM I'd most like to box.

I'd be down for that.

You've got some hitting power too if I'm not mistaken so this could be fun.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I'd be down for that.

In more ways than one, hoss. :firedevil:

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It would probably be the best matchup. I've never fought anyone your size before, though. I've beat bigger guys easy, but an 6-8 inch height advantage would be interesting.

I'd be down for that.

In more ways than one, hoss. :firedevil:

I've been in a little over a handful of fights in my life as I normally try to avoid that type of thing.

They started it but I finished it (which is how I imagine our fight would go chief).

;)

It would probably be the best matchup. I've never fought anyone your size before, though. I've beat bigger guys easy, but an 6-8 inch height advantage would be interesting.

The reach I'd have over you would be a task. No one has ever managed to land a punch to my face when I was fighting. If they went in for the jaw jacker then that was it. One guy tried to bull rush me into a wall and he was about 3 bills but was like 6 feet tall or so.

His face got acquainted with my foot quickly.

I've recently totally eliminated beer & regular soda from my diet and stuck with mixed drinks (or just vodka shots, etc.) and diet sodas.

It really works wonders.

Had a Diet Pepsi slurpee the other day. Just a tremendous aftertaste. Had a regular Coke slurpee for some reason on July 4th and it just didn't have the "kick" that the Diet one did.

My purpose was to get more trim and cut, and exercise whenever I could.

It's easy.

One-Two GOOD meals a day. I recommend:

- Serving of Romaine Lettuce. No cheese, no croutons, no dressing.

- Eaten with 1-2 breasts of Grilled Chicken (try to get Carribean or Cajun, for FLAVOR!)

- Sides of string beans and asparagus...asparagus are one of the BEST THINGS YOU CAN EAT. Lots of nutritional stuff, but hardly ANY carbs and no fat!

- If you need to fill up, grab one or two SMALL CHILIs from Wendy's.

Try to work out (I'm not a gym guy).

I recomend SWIMMING (40 min-1 hour) and Running the Treadmill.

If you're overweight, you'll see dramatic results.

If you have a little babyfat or whatever, or have just not been eating properly, you'll see a TREMENDOUS change in your mood, sleep, and energy.

Good luck.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Your foot? What are you? A swollen Rockette? This is a boxing match, not a drunken brawl, though I do swing that way sometimes. That's got to be more of a good-natured thing though. I equate boxing match with a sporting event-type atmosphere. Real violent fights, though? Fuck that, I'll just shoot a motherfucker.

I usually hate boxing people taller than me, until I get inside on them, then I love it. I just rely on hitting hard and being indestructable. Unless you hit as hard as a car, you're not knocking me out.

Boxing's a weird thing, though..someone's strength, speed, attitude, EVERYTHING changes after getting blasted in the snout. It's great

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh, and for the whole world: here's the wonder diet that knocked almost 100 lbs of fat off of me in the span of a couple years, and thus far has stayed that way.

Cigarettes

Water

Dried Fruit and Grains

Tuna Fish

Your foot? What are you? A swollen Rockette? This is a boxing match, not a drunken brawl, though I do swing that way sometimes. That's got to be more of a good-natured thing though. I equate boxing match with a sporting event-type atmosphere. Real violent fights, though? Fuck that, I'll just shoot a motherfucker.

I usually hate boxing people taller than me, until I get inside on them, then I love it. I just rely on hitting hard and being indestructable. Unless you hit as hard as a car, you're not knocking me out.

Boxing's a weird thing, though..someone's strength, speed, attitude, EVERYTHING changes after getting blasted in the snout. It's great

All I did was back up from the guy while he was rushing in and warmed up the band and kicked him straight in the face. Blood and teeth were everywhere on the pavement while all the gawkers looked on like I was the Grim Reaper.

I just wanted a damn Pepsi.

There was no one I could ever spar with when I went down to the local boxing gym by my house as everyone there was like 5'10" and bitter about their size when they'd see me walk and would just look away when I'd workout with the punching bag.

I hope you can pack some punch then if you're going to try and hit me inside because I've never had to throw more than a couple punches when I've boxed guys straight-up.

Unless you have a head like Kaz Fujita's, I can promise you the fight won't last long. However...you sound like the type of guy who could go merc on a fellow if given the right opening so I'd keep my guard up with you for sure.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Fart the Fat away.

I lived off that when I couldn't stand ramen any further. It's cheap, it's marginally nutritious, and once I got some respect for myself and started working out, the weight fell right off. I've graduated to balanced meals now that I've got my weight right where I want it. I'm only making it pretty now.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Unless you have a head like Kaz Fujita's, I can promise you the fight won't last long. However...you sound like the type of guy who could go merc on a fellow if given the right opening so I'd keep my guard up with you for sure

I'm not superman or anything, I just grew up with my cousins kicking the shit out of one another on a daily basis. I've punched out an off-duty cop, a member of every branch of the military (no special ops, I'm not that crazy yet), my dad, people much bigger than me, a tweaker, a crackhead, many drunks, and a guy on Angel Dust.

I'm not entirely sure who Kaz Fujita is, but only three things in my life have been capable of rendering me unconscious. A car wreck, a thick piece of wood swung with rage, and drugs/alcohol.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Kotzenjunge is the person I second-most want to box now that Marney's gone.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh, and Kinetic, because that would probably be even funnier than boxing Spoon.

Bah, I wouldn't let there be any sort of sporting match. I'd feign like I was going to play nice, then I'd start fighting dirty as a motherfucker.

Just like real life~!

I'm not entirely sure who Kaz Fujita is, but only three things in my life have been capable of rendering me unconscious. A car wreck, a thick piece of wood swung with rage, and drugs/alcohol.

Kazuyuki Fujita.

He has never been knocked out and can take an ungodly amount of abuse to the head.

Drugs/booze and football have been the only things to have knocked me out loopy.

I've also boxed with my old man before and for an old guy I was impressed that he could still move around and jab fairly easily. He use to get into fights all the time back when he was younger and I believe he probably could have given me a run for my money had we fought one another when he was my age.

Growing up, back when he was bigger than me, I never got out of line with him. My dad was the law in my house until he drunk himself stupid and then my mom took the pants in the family.

Hell, my mom would probably throw a punch at me if I pissed her off enough. She just doesn't give a shit and she's like 5 foot nothing. She was the one who taught me to never underestimate people smaller in a fight. They've got nothing to lose and everything to win if they can wreck a big guy like me in a fight.

I'm 5'9" (technically between 5'9" & 5'10" but I feel stupid rounding up, so I normally round down) and probably weigh between 170 & 175 right now. I was up to just over 2-bills, but managed to lose the weight little by little. I'd like to drop another 10-15 pounds, but seem to have hit a wall at 170.

I'm in reasonable shape, play basketball one night a week (normally about 2 hours, full court, 4-on-4) and go to the gym anywhere from 3-5 other nights, depending on what else is going on. I'm in good enough shape that other people disagree when I bitch and moan about being out of shape.

I'm telling you all...

slater-bonaduce-DDR.jpg

If it's good enough for Slater and Danny, it's good enough for you suckas.