TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Dave Meltzer's Great American Bash Review

JBL has been making a lot of effort in the matches.

I've got a feeling that he might actually get better as time goes on, as he seems willing to give his all in the main event scene.

What's Eddie suppose to be doing then? Feuding with Booker?

Angle.

I feel that Eddie will go back to the midcard ranks because Vince doesn't think of him as a believable WWE champion.

Nah. He's still one of the closest guys they have to a "draw". Factor in the large Hispanic demographic that watches SD, and I find it hard to believe they'd do that to Eddie.

If only JBL could back up his character in the ring, because his gimmick is one of the best WWE has delivered in a good while.

His gimmick might be tremendous, but nobody is buying (nor will they any time soon), if for no other reason than it is freaking BRADSHAW. Contrary to what Vince might hope, wrestling fans' memories aren't THAT short. You can't just take a guy that was a crappy HOSS~ that floundered in the midcard as a redneck, card-playing, beer drinking tag team wrestler then magically turn him into JR Ewing and expect people to buy into that.

Sure, maybe Bradshaw is trying to be better in the ring, but nobody is going to ever buy into him. It just won't happen.

Guest bigdiswrestling
I still hold out hope that Bradshaws reign will only last two weeks.

Keep hoping. The current Summerslam plans for the Smackdown title is Bradshaw vs. Undertaker, which is right up there with Ron Simmons vs. the Barbarian in terms of world title matches.

LMAO...

Last Main Event with that much potential was WM 13's Taker vs. Sid. That Taker / JBL match is the match where you can take a big long shit and not worry about missing anything.

Last main event with that much potential was WM 13's Taker vs. Sid. That Taker / JBL match is the match where you can take a big long shit and not worry about missing anything.

Who could forget other honorable mentions like Diesel Mabel @ KOTR '95 and the Smackdown fatal four way tag march at WM XX. :lol:

If only JBL could back up his character in the ring, because his gimmick is one of the best WWE has delivered in a good while.

His gimmick might be tremendous, but nobody is buying (nor will they any time soon), if for no other reason than it is freaking BRADSHAW. Contrary to what Vince might hope, wrestling fans' memories aren't THAT short. You can't just take a guy that was a crappy HOSS~ that floundered in the midcard as a redneck, card-playing, beer drinking tag team wrestler then magically turn him into JR Ewing and expect people to buy into that.

Sure, maybe Bradshaw is trying to be better in the ring, but nobody is going to ever buy into him. It just won't happen.

Gotta agree here. Eddie could have faced the same problem, had they just pulled the trigger on him and made him the #1 guy without proper build. Instead he built up a lot of steam and perfectly progressed from an established tag team that worked with top guys, to the 1st US champion, and then while his popularity soared, his status did as well.

They could have buyed into him if he would have started small and worked his way up, even if he would have gotten the US championship first for a good reign. JBL vs. Cena has some potential, and I bet after Summerslam we just might see it while Eddie deals with Taker.

The match wouldn't be pretty, but I could really see it happening.

If Eddie can get the belt back and face Taker at SS, JBL SHOULD take the belt off of an extremely stale Cena. Cena really needs a repackaging or re-wiring of his gimmick. It sucks, and his rinwork is pathetic as a face.

Heel Cena is fine. He just spends so much mic time pleasing the crowd, and it's getting rather boring. Great character to have around for house shows, but on TV, it's time to turn it up. Cena is showing Austin levels (circa 2002) of phoning it in and I'm fucking tired of it.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I agree. I've told several people who occasionally watch about it and they wouldn't believe me until I showed them pictures and results. Then they were just horrified at how far the WWF has fallen.