TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

BTW, Should We Americans Be Worried?

You guys made like four great things. Congrats.

Uhhh...how about David FUCKING Cronenberg? Ginger FUCKING Snaps? Jim FUCKING Carrey? Atom FUCKING Egoyan (even FUCKING though I don't like the FUCKING two films of FUCKING his that I've FUCKING seen)? Michael FUCKING Myers (he FUCKING hits enough to merit FUCKING mention)? An ever-FUCKING-increasing number of Hollywood FUCKING productions because it's FUCKING cheaper to FUCKING shoot there?

Have FUCKING I made FUCKING my point FUCKING yet?

You might want to use a non-celebrity variety of points there, flow.. I mean, it just ends up being about whose actors are better.

Lets go with Camp X. Camp X was created outside of Toronto at the outset of WW2. Camp X trained secret agents and resistance members in interrogation, assassination, demolition, etc. Camp X also trained American personnel which led to the establishment of the OSS (Office for Strategic Services) which later became the CIA.

Or how about the landing gear for the Lunar Excursion Module (Apollo moon landing missions). It was designed and built in Canada. As was the space shuttle arm, formerly known as the Canadarm.

Or maybe the fact that James Naismith (a Canadian) invented the game of Basketball in a YMCA gym in New York city.

The concept of Peacekeeping was invented by Canadian Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson (which won him the Nobel Peace Prize).

Sir Sanford Flemming. He also proposed the present system of standard time, by which the world is divided into 24 equal time zones. It was adopted in 1884.

Canadian doctors Banting and Best invented insulin, saving millions of diabetics from certain death.

..could go on and on, but I've already wasted enough time on a social miscreant like JSYK a/k/a Banky Jr.

No, we shouldn't be "worried" about this any more than we are any other country. Canadian youth tends to hate us because they're increasingly becoming America Jr.

And what is their culture --- Moose, round bacon, beer?...

hey i dont even like beer!

that much..

EDIT: bacon is disgusting, and ive never shot a moose but they get hit by cars quite often

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Funny, because I don't want to waste any more time on Canada, A/K/A America, Jr.

I geuss you've filled your ignorance quota for the day.

Funny, because I don't want to waste any more time on Canada, A/K/A America, Jr.

I geuss you've filled your ignorance quota for the day.

It's funny because the only rebuttal he can come up with is a Simpsons reference. Ahhhh, ignorance at it's peak. ;p

America responds.

It's time for America to get some self-respect.

You often hear people say that the United States is hated by the rest of the world. But that's only half the story.

It is true that America has never been less popular abroad. It's also true that would-be immigrants continue to line up at U.S. embassies around the world, hoping to come here. And, in record numbers, we continue to let them in.

Here's how it works: They despise us; we offer them a new, often taxpayer-subsidized life in the greatest country on Earth. Seen the pattern before? It's the classic cycle of domestic abuse: They get drunk and beat us up. We get up early to cook them breakfast.

It's time for America to get some self-respect. Let's start with Canada. A recent poll found that more than 40 percent of young Canadians consider the United States quote, "evil." Why do they think we're evil? Because many of their politicians tell them we're evil.

So what can we do to change their minds? We could start by sealing the border. Until Canadian attitudes change, there would be a moratorium on Canadian immigration to the United States. No one who says aboot could come here.

Innocent people would suffer. Ambitious Canadians -- actors, standup comics, willowy teen pop stars -- would be stranded in a country that doesn't appreciate their talents.

But only for a time. Ultimately, the Canadian government would get the message. And the message is this:

Yes, the United States makes mistakes. And, yes, we should do more to improve our image in your country and others. But we are not evil. And we are not the cause of your problems. Tell the truth about us. When you do, we'll welcome you.

America can have Avril Lavigne.

Guest evenflowDDT
You might want to use a non-celebrity variety of points there, flow.. I mean, it just ends up being about whose actors are better.

Probably a good idea, but seeing as how the response was given to examples involving film celebrities, I figured I'd continue the trend, mainly because that's my area of interest, and I really know very little about Canadian history.

And as for that "let's seal the border to Canada" guy...perhaps if he started making sense he'd be worth addressing.