TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Lockdown Comments

I also think I'm getting paid for this...

Edit: A quick rundown of the show.

- Tom Flesher gloats about Caffeine Bombing Toxxic. Toxxic responds by an attack by his new flunkies (which include me), busting Flesher open and then drawing a 1-Up on Flesher’s forehead. Zenon shows up, ruins the party, and takes Toxxic and Flesher out of the main event.

- Spike Jenkins defeats Rob Gilbert with a Bad Beat assisted by a hotshot onto the exposed turnbuckle. GO ME!

- Austin Sly defeats Ryan Dustin in a Non-Title Hardcore match following two belt shots to Dustin’s head. That’ll leave a hang over.

- Todd Cortez tries to get out of defending the tag titles while Mike is gone. Zenon says no, and he has to defend it against Spike Jenkins and Sean Davis. GO ME! Todd gets a tag partner of his choosing, and finds out Mike knew about the title defense and tried to get out of it. I guess Mike didn’t really believe that Todd can go on by himself…

- Alan Clark defeats Todd Cortez with a spinebuster. Todd and Mike attack Clark cause they don’t like him. Yep.

- Sean Davis defeats Munich with a Maelstrom. GO TAG PARTNER/STABLE MATE!

- Dace Night defeats Manson with a Reverse Cross Kneebreaker.

- The team of Jamie Drazon, Martin Hunt, Mike Van Siclen, and Max King went to a no-contest against the team of Ace Lezaire, Petey The Irish Penguin, Landon Maddix, and Edward James after Drazon kicks Ace in the nuts about a million times. Ouch, man. Ouch.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Well I expressed my comments on the card thread about our match... other then that... I am reading tomorrow

I should have PMed Zack about the use of both members of HB, though I wasn't expecting that kind of story out of them.

Oh well... shit happens, I guess.

EDIT: and my match also is incredibly disjointed because i wrote the beginning and then jotted down my ending, but by the time I got all the little pieces in place, I was pretty close to the word limit and just had to do a very tiny edit job to make the two pieces fit together in any kind of logical sense.

Ahh, thanks for that rundown of the show Spike. Nice one man. And now for my usual comments.

Opening promo of...opening-ness:-

Ahhh, the old Flesher ego is in action. And we have a little speculation of what the World Title Match of doom might end up being like. The clash of egos here and both men's styles makes for some nice little banter. And we have a good old fashioned beat down people! Flesher just gets mugged here, ouch. And here's Zenon who's pissed as well. Good old SE style twist where both men are taken out of the ME. And 1-UP..oh this is going to turn into a WAR.

And our first match of the night:-

A Johnny Dangerous loving cripple called Johnny. Ok, Spike's on the drugs again people. Nice way of handling heat for a newly turned Spike, having it all against Toxxic. Wrestlers need to drink now? We are finding new and fun ways to stall the start of a mach these days. Gilbert cheap shots Spike after offering him the water and the match is on. But Spike sprays the water into Robzilla's eyes to counter. Palm Strike to the throat, nasty. Still, at least we're seeing that yes Spike can write and the writing itself is far from terrible when he does get off his ass to show. Gilbert with the uber heel roll up for a nearly near fall. Ref gets distracted again as the turnbuckle pad comes off. This is feeling a tad disjoinred byt not completely so. More just a slow match so things arent so firmly linked. Spike blocks a whip to the exposed buckle but Spike outsmarts the rookie and hot shots him onto the buckle. Bed Beat to follow up, Jet stops the assist and Spike gets a pin fall. Again this shows it's pretty hard to have much wrestling in a short match when you want a little story to it. Doesn't flow great but it's not bad.

Match two, with it's own flash back:-

A recap of the DQ casuing action from the last time these two men meet up. Now it's going to be under hardcore rules. Pre match banter and this one is one. Sly just shoves Dustin off the buckles before the bell because he's evil like that. Sly goes for the hardcore goodness, but Ryan's waiting for it, after winning the Hardcore Title. But Dustin's getting cocky and poses against a no-nonsense guy like Sly and he gets dropped onto the ring steps. Ok, Super Bouncing Balls? We break out some werid hardcore weapons these days. But they get treated as real weapons (sort of) after a bit of covering commenty and the flashy sound effects so I can deal with that. The writing style certain leands itself to that as well, rather than breaking out the Lightubes and barbed wire. Dustin catches Sly as he tries to be all cocky and poses now, in a pefect play off to earlier in the match. Sly cheats back and gets of the first pinfall of the match. Sly gose for a submission but Dustin fights out only to get nailed with a parking sign. Trashcan and Chairshot combo to take Dustin down, he doesn't want to hurt people really but Sly's got no problem beating the hell out of him. Sly takes a risk and ends up going through the table himself. Cover but no good and two belt shots later, just like from the last match, Dustin is down and out. Certainly an interesting story going on here alongside a decent little hardcore match up. Sly definatly can write at this level and probably higher as it's all nice and easy to read.

Promo time again:-

Looks like Todd isn't happy about being left high and dry. But at least we've got long term tag champs once again. We've got the old partner switching going on here, but it's looking to be interesting. Got to wonder what's going to be happening with the Tag Champs after MVS knew what was going on. Ohhh...mystery!

And onto our next match:-

MVS is out at ringside with Todd...even with him being on vaction...odd...odd indeed. So Eddy J is out as well to even up this score. Clark playing a technician against Todd's cruiserweight as he blocks and suplex into a quick trade off, dumps him onto the apron, gets drops but dodges a leg drop. Todd finally scores with a leg drop, but for a Two. The art of a one count is a lost thing and I really does go to hurt some matches when the count starts off to high to fast. Todd continues to play the cruiser role, out pacing Clark and allowing him to nail a huge flurry of strikes. Nice little heel distraction work, playing off Eddy J's character as Todd insults him, so he gets mad, distracts the fed so MVS can nail Clark with the tag belt. Clark just kicks out after a foot to the face as Eddy J is taking out some anger on MVS (But he still doesnt scare anyone) STO and another cover on Clark. Certainly going for the poor face getting attack by the heel partner at every turn as MVS trips up Clark. But he's still able to pop up and dive to the outside to wipe out the tag champs, thus breaking the balance of the match. It's almost enought some how to get a near fall on Todd. Clark goes for a Superplex, gets shoved off and Sunset Flipped for his troubles. Superkick, ducked, Superkick and a heel schoolboy roll up gets another close fall for Todd as Eddy J saves the day. Special Place on Clark and a pair of Superkicks to Eddy J. Ok, Clark kicks out a tag finisher, even after the stall. Almost heelish finish as Eddy J aids Clark in getting the win. And Ced comes out to stop a beat down. Well, Clark can write when he cuts the fluffy, but it's internal stories are still a little in consistant at times so it leaves the story of the match lacking.

And now for out next match up:-

Sean "Wussy Music" Davis us back in action folks. Nice to see I've got my share of crowd signs as well. Bringing back some old history with Munich's broken leg from a long time ego in e-fed world. Always a good touch to see in matches. And again with all the talk of muscles bulging...if I want homo-erotic I'll talk to Janus :P But on more serious notes. Munich plays the speed roll against Davis' power one, taking him down quickly and dropkicking him in the back of the head. Now we see a good old one count. Munich tries for a power attach, but Davis over powers him and just drops him. Brawl ensues and Munich gets out punched easily then dropped with a Press Slam Gut Buster. Munich is able to out move Davis and score a quick jaw breaker. Again the speed verus power balance comes into play as Munich shoots up top and nails a Legdrop for another quick cover. Davis makes come back, making for slightly spoty selling as the first few moves there was a talk of selling and still feeling the effects that but that idea's gone now it seems. And again, Munich slips out and hits an Inverted DDT. Davis kicks out again an trainwrecks Munich to apply...a Chinlock? Easy heat spot I guess, Munich fights out just to take a chokeslam for another close fall. A finishing move that I dont thik works, gets the win on Munich. Davis certain has all the desc in place, along with some soild groundwork for pyscho, but the selling pace and the moveset lay balance hurts the match/character.

My Match:-

W00t, go me and all that. All I have to say.

The Tag Team Main Event Clusterfuck:-

Ok, this is just going to be a horrible cluster fuck. Just completely. Werid as booking and no set heel/face teams really DOESNT help in matches like this. And the fact clusterfucks are bed enough without outher things going against them. At least there's some effort to address the messed up balance within the teams, if nothing else. The fact the the sections of writing don't join up either isnt much help, but what you gonna do. The second half of the match is certainly easier to read though. Either part is completely terrible and I think both teams could have made a lot more from this match if it was just heels on one side and faces on the other. At least that problem would have been out of the way. The Random Comerical break is just cover for a tagged on ending, but hey, at least they showd and got something in. Huge cluster fuck with finisher flying. And finally the match gets stopped after JD goes on a nut crushing run. I'll blame the booking and the team balance for that one being bad ok.

Match of the Night:-

The MOTN of this show is: Austin Sly verus Ryan Dustin!

Right people, from now on I'm going to be picking a MOTN from every TV show we do. This will be my choice (barring massive difference of opinion from the rest of the fed.) Also note that I will never be choosing a match of mine. So you'll have to shout up if I ever write anything that good :P

At the end of every month, all the MOTN's for that month will be put into a Match of the Month Vote (using the boards poll featur, where everyone can cast their vote). Just for even more input, ok people.

So feedback on this idea and extra is weclome. PPV matches will be handled seperatly, just having their own MOTN Voting Poll along with a comments thread. Ok, there you go peope.

And again with all the talk of muscles bulging...if I want homo-erotic I'll talk to Janus :P

:wub:

I really should make comments here, what being the world champ and all. But I suck at match analysis and description, so I offer my usual congratulations to the winners and Nelson 'haw haw's to the losers ;)

*And now, back to the 3.4k so far main event of Smarkdown writing*

I would just like to say that I support Dace's plans fully. I would also like to say... that I wont be commenting on anything this week. :huh:

Guest Suicide King

::Crickets chirping::

I know guys. I feel stupid commenting as well after Dace is done writing his thesis on e-fed wrestling every week. ;) But it must be done!

Comments on Dace's match, first because I feel bad for not commenting much in forever, and secondly because Dace reviews our matches every week, and even though I'm probably not qualified to, I'll give it a try.

Oh, and before I start, a miscellaneous note to everyone: I think the bold and italics are being overused. It was neat to see for Silent/Edwin and other big matches, for example, but seeing it on every show used by almost everyone gets kinda old.

Now, Dace vs. Manson! This is just crap I think of as I'm reading the match.

~The dueling chop spot used to be overused, but I think it works here, especially when Dace shakes things up with an elbow to the jaw. Nasty.

~In other news, I'm delighted to see 'White Night' used. First the "FUCKING!" and now that, Flesher's on a roll.

~I like how you handle Manson's role in the match. He gets a respectable ovation to start, but he starts acting like a complete prick and plays the heel, getting the deserved reaction.

~And again with the Manson prick schtick (zing~), choking Dace after the stungun with what's just a really neat heel spot. Manson's really put over well, seeing as he throws Dace completely off of his game with just chops to the neck and illegal maneuvers. He doesn't use an actual wrestling move until a few minutes into the match. And then punting Dace in the face while he's down? Damn, Manson should just stick to being a heel, you're writing him with slimy awesomeness.

~I like the one-upsmanship with the front facelock series from Manson, nice touch.

~"FUCK HIM UP DACE! FUCK FUCK! FUCK HIM UP DACE! FUCK FUCK!" may be one of the greatest chants ever. (Y)

~Again, the way you built up Manson's sliminess makes it even better when Dace is elbowing the shit out of him. Nice build in that respect.

~I have mixed feelings on the Dragon Suplex. In most cases it's a definitive match-ender, but I guess against someone like Dace, he's bound to kick out. Still, it shows how desperate Manson is when he resorts to a low blow and a rare move like that.

~The build to the final sequence is nice, with both men trying to target their respective body parts. One last shot to Manson's knee, and then a reverse crucifix kneebreaker, which is an excellent way to end the match.

So yeah, great match, I love the way Manson was handled, and I could've totally bought him pulling off the upset. There's some grammar and spelling issues of course, but it's no big deal. The wrestling is what matters, and you pulled it off.

Thanks for the comments man.

And see people, it's not hard. I think the above is a good way to handle quick comments just so you can say something. Pick a match, read it and just say 10 short things about it and there you go. Simple.