TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Smackdown (*Spoilers*) for 07/15/04

You do realize that the Divas will probably be back on the show within a couple of weeks, right? People are fired so much anymore that it's turned into a joke. How many times has Lita been fired anyway?

Not as many times as JR/King, that's for sure.

However, the possibility is there for that rumored "Divas" show. As I mentioned above, though, not even the densest of marks really believes an on-air firing is for real. When Bischoff "fired" Austin, for months afterwards marks still expected Austin to show up again.

It's kinda like how during any match of importance the crowd is looking towards the entrance out of the corner of their eye waiting for the run-in.

Guest Staravenger
It's kinda like how during any match of importance the crowd is looking towards the entrance out of the corner of their eye waiting for the run-in.

I love it when no one runs in and the crowd is left going "aww..."

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

IMO: If the cage between Eddie and JBL does not live up to expectations, then Smackdown will suck and god I hope they make the roll-up Paul London's finisher.

Guest GreatOne
Is Vince purposely trying to kill Smackdown with keeping the title on JBL? I guess HHH has finally succeeded in his mission to bury Eddie Guererro, hasn't he?

Hey just remember none of this (JBL run) had to happen if it wasn't for Big Baby Brock. So when he comes crying back to Vince, make sure he gets some of your hatred ok?

-Benoit to Raw

-Edge to Raw

-Big Show hurt

-Angle hurt

-RVD & Booker buried in the midcard

Yeah, it's all Brock's fault :rolleyes:

Benoit to Raw? Before Brock left

Edge to Raw? By way of the draft caused by Brock

Big Show hurt? It's Brock's fault for the sole fact we're even mentiong this doofus as a possible savior of Smackdown

Angle hurt? Carrying him through that godawful feud/non-feud last year probably didn't help his recovery

RVD & Booker buried in the midcard? They'd still be on RAW if not for Brock doing the same, but you didn't hear Booker whining about being Taker's desginated victim.

It isn't ALL Brock's fault, neither is the totally unwarranted push he got two years ago. But he isn't coming off exactly roses here.

So is Heidenreich going to unveil Johnny Nitro as little Johnny? That could work, if they actually remember the storyline existed

Still means SD is missing a ME-level guy.

Didn't have to go to Raw. HHH made that call.

Big Show hurt? It's Brock's fault for the sole fact we're even mentiong this doofus as a possible savior of Smackdown

Show was busting his ass, and was pulling his own weight in non-Brock feuds. He was a legit ME/upper card guy on the show.

Angle hurt? Carrying him through that godawful feud/non-feud last year probably didn't help his recovery

Riiight. He carried Brock the whole time.

RVD & Booker buried in the midcard? They'd still be on RAW if not for Brock doing the same, but you didn't hear Booker whining about being Taker's desginated victim.

They may or may not still be on Raw, but the fact is they moved them to SD, and then dropped the ball on each. These 2 could have been used to freshen up the ME/upper card, but instead get buried in go-nowhere positions in the midcard. And, IIRC, we did hear reports that Book was unhappy with jobbing to Taker, but by now he's likely resigned to the fact that they'll never give him a serious push.

And reports are that Brock was going to play job boy for Taker, and that they had no set plans for him post-WM. Bottom line, the WWE had plenty of opportunities and options to make up for the loss of Brock, and failed to come through on all of them.

So is Heidenreich going to unveil Johnny Nitro as little Johnny? That could work, if they actually remember the storyline existed

Johnny Thunder?

Guest GreatOne

Still means SD is missing a ME-level guy.

Didn't have to go to Raw. HHH made that call.

Show was busting his ass, and was pulling his own weight in non-Brock feuds. He was a legit ME/upper card guy on the show.

Riiight. He carried Brock the whole time.

They may or may not still be on Raw, but the fact is they moved them to SD, and then dropped the ball on each. These 2 could have been used to freshen up the ME/upper card, but instead get buried in go-nowhere positions in the midcard. And, IIRC, we did hear reports that Book was unhappy with jobbing to Taker, but by now he's likely resigned to the fact that they'll never give him a serious push.

And reports are that Brock was going to play job boy for Taker, and that they had no set plans for him post-WM. Bottom line, the WWE had plenty of opportunities and options to make up for the loss of Brock, and failed to come through on all of them.

Poor Brock, he was booked to lose a feud for like the first time (unless you count 'Sasquatch Explosion '02' separate from the whole Team Angle bit) and "WAAA WAAA WAAA I'm gonna go try to be a special teamer in the NFL"

And I doubt any marks are shedding tears cause Eddie, Angle, and JBL are headlining on Smackdown while RVD and Booker T headline Velocity............

Show has been OK so far (Through the 3 on 1).

The opening 4 way promo lasted a bit too long. Dupree makes a joke about the arena being named after a donut. Kenzo mocks Booker T's "Can you dig that Sucka" in really bad english. Cenas jokes all stemmed from the Wizard of Oz.

Cena goes to the back, picks up Angle out of his wheelchair and is attacked by Luther Reigns, who Cena tosses through a wall.

The Cruiser-tag match was ok although I dont know where they're going with the Dudleys helping out Spike.

The 3 on 1 was rather lame to start out. Tazz brought up a funny point that Nick Patrick should have been counting to 5 in Japanese on the DQ for Kenzo. Cena gets a rollup pin on Dupree about 15 seconds after being nearly choked to death upside down on the turnbuckle. The crowd was really into the Cena/Booker T portion of the match.

Smackdown goes to Japan Friday/Saturday.

The Heidenreich promo was really stupid. He lists all these reasons why no one has ever give him a chance (He's too competitive..).

I really dont remember seeing the Divas getting fired. I might have missed it going to get something to eat, but I was gone and back in less than like 2 minutes so I doubt it.

Chavo Classic and Chavo JR do a Summerslam promo (Jr is holding a rope thats helping Classic hang from the rings and then a woman walks by distracting Jr and he lets go of the rope and Classic falls to the mat).

Eddy vs JBL in the cage was actually a pretty good main event although the ending kinda stunk.