TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Alcoholic Beverage you drink

You know what I mean. You have the money to buy something tasty or expensive, but no, no, no. You tempt the fates by buying something you KNOW will either make you sick, make you stupid, make you black out, make you hungover, or make you dead. What's your list?

Mine is

1. Mad Dog 20/20

2. Banker's Club Vodka

3. Pabst Blue Ribbon

I go across the bar doing shots.

The last time I did it, I drank water from an electric kettle believing it to have only been on for 20 seconds.

I couldn't taste for a week.

Guest DVD Spree

Poitin.

Some of my Irish friends used to smuggle that shit through customs in Evian water bottles - drank that shit til I couldn't move, yo. It's always risky though, because if you don't know the source you could end up blind from drinking it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Is that a british take on Moonshine? I'd really like to try it.

Guest DVD Spree
Is that a british take on Moonshine? I'd really like to try it.

Hells yeah - Irish moonshine. It's been illegal for years, although they've started selling a couple of watered-down brands in some supermarkets. It can't touch the real deal, but a serious warning, as with all monnshine/drugs/home-distilled illegalities: don't fucking touch the stuff if you don't know the source. Get it from someone you trust, because the shit has serious side effects if it hasn't been distilled properly.

Other than that... go for it man, i heartily recommend it!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I used to make my own. I wonder if the recipes over there differ much from American ones. I've made it from Apples and Corn Mash. I wonder if it'd be possible to ship that stuff in a clandestine manner to the states. Laws against moonshine really are poorly enforced these days, since the police have bigger fish to fry with other drugs and such. Moonshine is looked at as something quaint moreso than a crime in most places. I know people who have had stills going for generations.

Mind Eraser - Vodka, Kaluha, Club Soda poured over ice

Irish Car Bomb - Half Pint of Guiness, pour a shot of whiskey into a shot glass, top it off with Baileys, drop the shot into the Guiness and chug.....

It doesn't take many of those to get you nice and crazy.

Guest DVD Spree
I used to make my own. I wonder if the recipes over there differ much from American ones. I've made it from Apples and Corn Mash. I wonder if it'd be possible to ship that stuff in a clandestine manner to the states. Laws against moonshine really are poorly enforced these days, since the police have bigger fish to fry with other drugs and such. Moonshine is looked at as something quaint moreso than a crime in most places. I know people who have had stills going for generations.

Oh, I'm sure it'd be easy enough to ship it - like I said, my buddies used to smuggles it through customs in Evian bottles, so it really shouldn't be that hard. If I was still in touch with said buddies, I'd be more than hapy to attempt it for you, but sadly they've moved back to the Emerald Isle to enjoy the stuff straight from the 'still. If I manage to meet a new Han Solo, I'll post a thread and see if I can hook you up.

As far as police being lax on enforcing that stuff, you're right. In fact, in that part of Ireland where my buddies are from (Westport) the enforcement of pretty much ANYTHINg is lax - his family have got literally hundreds of parking tickets dating back years and years, and they've never been hassled about paying them. Great country...

See, I count the holy deer as something premium.

My vice is the gin bucket. Take a bottle of gin - kids love Gordon's - and a bottle of Sprite. Dump in bucket. Drink rapid-fire with turkey basters. Fall over shortly thereafter. It's the bucket that gets you.

Irish Car Bomb - Half Pint of Guiness, pour a shot of whiskey into a shot glass, top it off with Baileys, drop the shot into the Guiness and chug.....

These really are the best things.

We picked up this beer from the Sunflower Market a few months back called Nautica, and it was $3 for a 24 pack. Normally with beer, the more you drink, the better they taste, but this had the opposite effect. The first beer was good, then they became progressively horrible. My buddy and I sat there and drank all of them, though, because we spent $3 on them and were going to drink them out of spite.

I've never been so sick in my life.

Guest DVD Spree
We picked up this beer from the Sunflower Market a few months back called Nautica, and it was $3 for a 24 pack. Normally with beer, the more you drink, the better they taste, but this had the opposite effect. The first beer was good, then they became progressively horrible. My buddy and I sat there and drank all of them, though, because we spent $3 on them and were going to drink them out of spite.

I've never been so sick in my life.

Heh, my dad was like that with the caterpillar in the bottom of the mescal bottle. We were knocking teh stuff back, and by the time we got to the last dregs of the stuff, he was all "Eat the fucking worm, son." I really didn't want to , and he was all "Show some manners, eat the fucking worm!" but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally he was like "Well, SOMEONE'S got to fucking eat it..."

My father, role model.

These really are the best things.

Gotta love the car bomb.

However last night, I went to a bar where the drinks were 50 cents (and Beetlejuice from Howard Stern appeared) and decided to break my #1 rule: Never mix liquors.

I went from Vodka and Cranberry to Gin and Tonics to Jack and Cokes to Kamikazes, but amazingly, as I sit here getting ready to go to a job fair, I feel fucking outstanding. And I was trying to punish myself. What gives?

Goldschlager and Aftershock.

Never, and I mean NEVER, drink Goldschlager unless the idea of random property damage is your thing. And this includes your own stuff.

Guest croweater

If I really want to hurt myself and am disgustingly poor I'll go for a couple of litres of goon. If I have slightly more money I'll get some cheap tequila.

Goon is skulled in 375 ml glasses and of course, shots of tequila followed by tequila and coke.

Most of the times I drink drinking games are involved also so I drink a lot of shit really quickly.

Oh, and goon is cask wine for anyone who doesn't knkow, about $9 for 4L (Australian $$)

A friend once "forced" (aka gave for free) me to down a couple of huge shots of Goldschlager. Never again, I swear.

Amen Brother.

As far as shitty, cheap stuff that will fuck me up. St. Ides & O.E. 40's. F'n Brutal.

A friend once "forced" (aka gave for free) me to down a couple of huge shots of Goldschlager. Never again, I swear.

You're all mystifying me again. Even girls can hold their Goldschlager.

The thing about Goldschlager, is it tastes so damn good with little feeling of alcohol. (Of course, the actual proof is a different story.) If you are an alcoholic like myself and you cannot taste alcohol in a drink, you assume "Hey that must be really weak, let me drink a shitload more!" Of course when you wake up in the morning that's a whole other story...