TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Backyard Wrestling Promotion ideas

And if any of your Wrestlers had worked NWA Champions and were fully trained then they would not be working for you in your backyard. You are blatantly full of bullshit or gullable as fuck to believe that any Wrestler worth a dime would Backyard.

Suicidal Youth (XBW): trained by NWA Wisconsin

most of EWW: trained by NWA Ireland

Black Tiger of UWA: wrestled Donovan Morgan, has met NWA President backstage at a show he worked.

Question my integrity, you get pwn3d.

Guest Markingout
And if any of your Wrestlers had worked NWA Champions and were fully trained then they would not be working for you in your backyard.  You are blatantly full of bullshit or gullable as fuck to believe that any Wrestler worth a dime would Backyard.

I sometimes hang around the BYWLink boards to see the videos of these kids, and in some feds like HWF, and GEW there is guys that are pro. Some pro guys work backyard because they are friends with the people in the feds, I guess.

Guest RickyB

Thanks man, just going to contact the promotions these guys work for and let them know they're booking Backyarders and see what they think about it.

I'm not questioning any "integrity" as you have none to question. But i've pointed out why backyarding is retarded and there's no argument you can use to reason otherwise. Any pro who Backyards should be strung up by their promotion, any promotion in my area who KNEW that one of their guys was backyarding would kick them out asap. If any promotion is condoning it then it's a disgrace.

Once you've come up with a reasonable argument for Backyarding then i'll consider it.. but their isn't one and there never will be one.

Once you've come up with a reasonable argument for Backyarding then i'll consider it.. but their isn't one and there never will be one.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:Yprqu...+Flattery&hl=en

It is the conclusion of this study that Backyard wrestling, while containing the occasional fringe group exception, is an activity which generally embodies the classic definition of spectacle.  Though the danger of violent injury is real, the intent to wound each other is not a primary goal of Backyard wrestling.  Given that this activity also contains within it elements of athleticism, creativity, theatrics, and narrative fiction, Backyard wrestling offers young men an opportunity to develop the aforementioned skills in an enjoyable, constructive, and non-institutionalized setting.

The only excuse for backyarding is having fun. Really. And if you go "if you think {insert serious injury} is fun...", then seriously, shut up. Like I said, I don't even backyard anymore, and I'll be the first to admit it's stupid, but shut the fuck up, man. You're going on and on about how he's a disgrace and how any wrestler that would work backyard or work WITH a backyarder should be fired...come down from your perch. If the kid wants to kill himself by trying to do a Kudo Driver, then let him. Not gonna hurt you.

Guest suplexmasta
If the kid wants to kill himself by trying to do a Kudo Driver, then let him. Not gonna hurt you.

Here's the thing, though: the last time someone got killed by a "wrestling manuever" in America (the kid in Florida who was unsupervised by his legal guardian, who proceeded to beat ths shit out of a little girl), there was a huge media uproar here, even speculation that pro wrestling should be taken off TV.

I don't want that to happen any more than I want someone to die backyarding. Really, it would be much better if nobody backyarded, because there's much less risk of serious injury if you've been (1.) properly trained, and (2.) using the correct equipment.

Simply put, don't ruin it for the rest of us by killing yourself like a damn moron who should know better.

If the kid wants to kill himself by trying to do a Kudo Driver, then let him. Not gonna hurt you.

Here's the thing, though: the last time someone got killed by a "wrestling manuever" in America (the kid in Florida who was unsupervised by his legal guardian, who proceeded to beat ths shit out of a little girl), there was a huge media uproar here, even speculation that pro wrestling should be taken off TV.

First of all, the kid was 8. Second of all, the 'wrestling defense' was later admitted to be a fraud and an attempt to draw publicity for the case. The attack was not inspired by wrestling, as the child himself later admitted.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I think the point is that sooner or later, some moron IS going to die, or cause someone's death, and then then entire uproar will start again, and that will be bad. If you legit care about Wrestling, you'll see that, and I think that's the point.

Those two matches on the video on your feds site sucked. If you're going to have a backyard wrestling fed at least have them go through some tables, fall on tacks and light each other on fire. Trying to be like, actual wrestlers makes it look dumber than it already is.

BTW, that compilation thing at the end of the video with clips of that Jeff Hardy wannabe Mark Priebe guy was hilarious. There was a clip of him doing a "Swanton" Bomb and he fucked it up so bad. Almost broke his neck.

Black Tiger of UWA: wrestled Donovan Morgan, has met NWA President backstage at a show he worked.

And one of my best friends works for Pro Wrestling Iron, and I've got the NWA president's home number on my cell phone. So?

It is the conclusion of this study that Backyard wrestling, while containing the occasional fringe group exception, is an activity which generally embodies the classic definition of spectacle.  Though the danger of violent injury is real, the intent to wound each other is not a primary goal of Backyard wrestling.  Given that this activity also contains within it elements of athleticism, creativity, theatrics, and narrative fiction, Backyard wrestling offers young men an opportunity to develop the aforementioned skills in an enjoyable, constructive, and non-institutionalized setting.

If you replaced the word "backyard" with "professional", then I think that statement would be correct.

Simply put, any kind of worked wrestling is way too dangerous for nontrained amateurs to be trying. Anyone remember Bruno Sammartino? He was a 30-year veteran and one of the strongest wrestlers on the planet, yet his worst injury was a broken neck that came from a botched body slam. He got dropped on his head, and BOOM he was never the same. (And the guy who dropped him was Stan Hansen, who was a stiff worker but never known as an unsafe one.)

If you're gonna do pro wrestling moves, get trained. Period. Anything else is simply begging for accidents. I don't care if you're "just doing it for fun", there have been legions of trained pros who get fucked up by tiny mistakes on simple moves.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Seriously, when have you guys become fucking humanitarians? Who gives a shit if someone wants to get fucked up backyarding? I used to do it BEFORE it was cool, and I learned that it's not the safest(even though we wrestled with several people that have been trained or have had some training) and eventually quit doing it. Now I'm 23 years old and I have absolutely NO desire to backyard again. This is mainly due to the fact that I've had knee injuries(not wrestling related) and the fact that I cannot afford to get hurt and be out of work for a long period of time(yes, I'm actually trying to be a responsible person). So basically if you hate backyarding fine......go to another thread......also, let me say this to backyarders......get trained, because even if you don't care about getting hurt.......you will SUCK unless your remotely trained.....

And one of my best friends works for Pro Wrestling Iron, and I've got the NWA president's home number on my cell phone. So?

Wasn't meaning to brag; just trying to explain to someone that I'm not BSing.