TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Fires Rikishi

Guest TheJewof2001

Now they need to let go Mark Henry, and I will be happy. Doesn't Henry's contract end in 2006?

And I really hope that TNA doesn't sign Rikishi. They probably will for the name value, but he'll probably get a Konnan type role in the company.

Now they need to let go Mark Henry, and I will be happy. Doesn't Henry's contract end in 2006?

And I really hope that TNA doesn't sign Rikishi. They probably will for the name value, but he'll probably get a Konnan type role in the company.

If they signed Jamal, they'll sign any reject.

Guest Staravenger

They fucking signed MABEL as Ron Killings "backup" for two weeks last year. They'll sign anyone who was part of WWF/E in any way. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Demolition reunion with Bill Eadie & Barry Darsow.

The fact that he never freshened up his gimmick also hurt him greatly.

What are you talking about? He added a hat to his dance routine! A HAT!

In WWE Logic, that is freshening your character.

Guest Choken One

we might as well ask the question here

What was Rikishi's best Match?

I'll say it's either the really good Smackdown Match in 2000 with Triple H or the Cage Match against Val Venis.

Guest Coffey

His cage match against Val Venis was OK. That's really his only memorable match. I actually thought his heel turn was going to work out too. Hell, had they just stuck him as the leader of Three Minute Warning and made a fearsome samoan threesome...it would've worked.

Guest Choken One

I always wanted them to Do a Samoan Trio Gang Vs The F.B.I setup.

I just think something like that would have been loads of fun, comedy wise and match wise.

Guest Salacious Crumb
TNA likes rejects, So Rikishi will likely work some indy dates and pick up a spot with TNA.

So by your logic the WWF is full of rejects since Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, Jericho, the Dudleys, Chavo, Nunzio and a lot of other guys worked for other federations before the WWF.

Guest Choken One

Benoit defected.

Jericho Defected.

Mysterio was Brought.

Guerrero defected.

Dudleys went defected.

Chavo was brought.

Nunzio was signed.

They aren't rejects. Coming in from another company doesn't make you a reject. Those guys weren't kicked out. They choose to come to WWE and WWE wanted them.

Raven

D'Lo

Jarrett

Road Dogg

Killings

and more

REJECTS.

To be a reject means to be "rejected", ie released, by your previous company because they have no use for you. Being a star, or at least reasonably featured, in one company and then choosing to jump ship to the competition does not make you a reject.

Choken One is entirely correct, except that Jeff Jerrett was not a reject. Raven, D'Lo Brown, the Road Dogg and Ron Killings (K-Kwik) were all unwanted jobbers in WWE and were released, thus rejected. Jerrett, on the other hand was a main eventer in his previous company (WCW) and was therefore not a reject.

Guest Coffey

:rolleyes:

Yup, TNAW sho' does like dem rejects.

Lord knows if a wrestler works for WWE and loses their job their should never have the right to work in the business again to provide for themself or their families. They'd be better off getting out of the business altogether (despite not knowing anything else) and trying to support their families by working as a 30-40 year old at fast food. Hey, one day they might become manager! Better than being called a reject by some idiot on a throw away message forum, right?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TNAW is another wrestling promotion. No more, no less. WWE focuses on SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT and TNAW doesn't as much. It's just another federation. If you go to TNAW because you're a reject, what does that make someone like AJ Styles whom turned down WWE? What does that make someone like Jeff Hardy that WWE wants back and he hasn't obliged them yet as he had opted to return to TNAW?

Guest Salacious Crumb

That's retard logic. Killings and Road Dogg in particular had not been in the WWF for at least a year before they were signed. Jarrett? Give me an fucking break. He hasn't been in the WWF since 1999 and his contract ran out. That's the same as the WWF signing Mysterio. So signing a good/known talent that becomes available is signing rejects.

Oh yeah there's also HHH, Austin, Mick Foley, etc. By your logic the WWF was built on WCW rejects.

Guest Choken One

WWE FIRED JARRETT on live tv.

Mysterio was under contract with WWE the whole time. He had been rehabbing a injury.

Guest Salacious Crumb

No, Jarrett was still under contract to Time Warner. They waited until Mysterio's contract ran out about a year later too. I remember because Mysterio had an ad for indy bookings and I think he even did some matches for AAA or CMLL during the time after WCW died.

Your still using poor logic. Being released by a company doesn't make you a reject. By your logic the attitude era WWF has a main event with mostly WCW rejects and Flair was a WCW reject during his initial run.

WWE FIRED JARRETT on live tv.

Mysterio was under contract with WWE the whole time. He had been rehabbing a injury.

Choken, both of these points are entirely untrue. You should know better.

Jeff Jarrett jumped ship from WWE to WCW when his contract expired in '99, and was pushed to main event status in WCW. When WWE bought WCW from AOL Time Warner, Jarrett remained employed by AOL Time Warner for several months after before accepting a buy-out. He was never fired by WWE because he wasn't employed by them. (What you are referring to is the angle WWE ran on RAW the night of the final episode of Nitro, in which Vince McMahon stroked his own ego by claiming that he was "firing" a number of WCW stars that he had previously had issues with)

Rey Mysterio was not under contract with WWE until mid-2002. He was also contracted to AOL Time Warner for several months after the WWE purchase of WCW before also accepting a buy-out of his contract. He was out with an injury at the time, and after rehabing the injury, WWE then signed him to a contract.

Guest Staravenger

For rejects, WWE sure was pisisng their pants knowing Al Snow was gonna job to Ron Killings in some indy promotion a few months back.

Ron Killings a reject? HOW? He's the most over fucking wrestler in TNA after having a shitty K-Kwik gimmick for about two months.

I hate fucking idiots who think wrestlers can't work for another company because they were fired. Benoit was a reject because no one would push him. Perry Saturn was forced to wear a dress for months, which must mean the bookers loved him. How about that Dean Malenko? NWA/WCW didn't want to touch the bastard until he was past his prime.

Chris Jericho would never get a real push, so he's a reject. There is no such fucking thing as defecting from a company. Stop fucking watching the Invasion angle and think for real.

WWE is a company. It's not fucknig real. You get a job, you leave, you get a job somewhere else. ITS CALLED LIFE!

Edit: How about that push Foley got in WCW? Oh wait, Flair didn't want anything to do with him. Austin? Hello Mr. Hogan, I'm not getting a push so I'm fired. Sean Waltman? Fired via fed-ex. Davey Boy Smith? He's rejected everywhere.

Let's see some of the WWF Rejects: Hulk Hogan in 1993. He sure did nothing for WCW except save it from death. Savage? Had good, interesting feuds and matches until 1997. Ric Flair? He's "God" apparently. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall sure were rejected from WWF, and started the nwo angle.

That's retard logic. Killings and Road Dogg in particular had not been in the WWF for at least a year before they were signed.

Oh yeah there's also HHH, Austin, Mick Foley, etc. By your logic the WWF was built on WCW rejects.

(1) TNA didn't even exist yet when Road Dogg and Killings were released. It would've been impossible for them to be signed then.

(2) Foley quit, he wasn't fired by WCW.

(3) I'd always heard Triple H left WCW by choice, but this could be bullshit.

TNA has made an offer to about every person fired from WWE in the last 2 years. That's not true of WWE and WCW.

Staravenger, i've already pointed out the difference between those who are "rejects" and those who are not. The majority of the examples you used were *not* "rejects".

Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and Eddie Guerrero all jumped from WCW to WWE.

HHH in '95 jumped from WCW to WWE.

Mick Foley quit WCW in '94.

Hulk Hogan quit WWE in '93.

Randy Savage and *especially* Kevin Nash and Scott Hall all jumped from WWE to WCW in the mid-90's.

I'll grant you that Steve Austin was a WCW reject in '95 (although everyone involved has since accepted that was a mistake), Sean Waltman was a WCW reject in '98 and Davey Boy Smith in '99.

Guest Staravenger
Staravenger, i've already pointed out the difference between those who are "rejects" and those who are not. The majority of the examples you used were *not* "rejects".

I just think it's a weak ass excuse that someone fired by WWE isn't allowed to work anywhere else.

I just think it's a weak ass excuse that someone fired by WWE isn't allowed to work anywhere else.

I don't think it was anyone's intention to say that someone fired by WWE isn't allowed to work anywhere else. We were merely pointing out that the bad stigma of "WWE reject group" becomes attached to a company like TNA if the majority of their headliners are WWE rejects, and they constantly sign, and usually push, *every single* worker rejected by WWE.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT

HAY GUYZ WUTZ GOIN ON IN DIZ THREAD! SOUNDS PRETTY INTERESTING

p_report.gif

Would you like to actually post some content with your catchphrases?

I don't think there's any shame in leaving the WWE, there certainly wasn't in the 90s. WCW kept WWF on it's toes and people who couldn't get over in one league could (but not always) get over in another.

To use the hotel industry as an analogy, there's no shame in being fired from the Four Seasons and going to work for Ritz-Carlton instead. But TNA is currently more like the local Hampton Inn chain, it is undeniably a league down.

Without WCW, while some people may choose to accept indy bookings because they like pro wrestling for the sake of pro wrestling, after you've left the WWE in this current phase of the business, that's it as far as being a draw goes. Your best years as a marketable success are gone. While you may be skilled or be able to shift to being the big fish in a smaller pond by virtue of "being there", it doesn't mean you are going to reach that point again, and only those seriously dedicated to pro wrestling should continue.

Guys like Bret Hart (if he could still wrestle and 1997 never happened) or Benoit, if they left the company in this period, you KNOW they'd go happily adjust to the indies because THIS IS WHAT THEY DO and they enjoy it. Guys who want large crowds, action figures, and big checks, guys like Goldberg and Ultimate Warrior and Hogan, they'll just figure it's over and done with. Look at how Hogan pussied out of TNA, didn't want to work with them because they're not what he's looking for.

Guest Coffey

Obviously you missed the point. Maybe I should start putting /sarcasm at the end of my posts so that the fucking idiots can follow what I'm saying....

Guest Salacious Crumb

WCW was going to keep either HHH or Alex Wright. They choice Alex Wright. It's HHH's revisionist history where he tries to make himself look more important than he really was in the 90s.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

WCW was going to keep either HHH or Alex Wright. They choice Alex Wright. It's HHH's revisionist history where he tries to make himself look more important than he really was in the 90s.

HHH left cause WCW wanted him to team with the blue bloods, HHH saw the WWF as a chance at a singles push.

Guest BillyTheStud

I don't see how Jeff Jarrett can be considered a reject considering it's basically his company...