TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Fires Rikishi

Guest GreatOne

Hulk Hogan SAVED WCW?

Hell you can make the argument that WCW died and became HCW (Hollywood Championship Wrestling) when he signed, since Foley, Austin, and eventually Vader were run out of town and Flair and Sting were basically kicked to the curb.

Guest Staravenger

Which is why WCW kicked WWF's ass in ratings for 2 years, had the hottest feud in recent history in the nWo vs. WCW (until it got watered down) and WCW featured great wrestlers from around the world in the cruiserweight division.

Who were the nWo leaders? Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and HULK HOGAN

Check-mate.

Edit: Hulk Hogan was fired because he refused to put Bret over like he promised, and took 2 months off to film another crap-tastic movie, hence his complete squash from Yokozuna at KOTR 93.

Guest Trivia247

Well Usually TNA take former WWE wrestlers and either do previous gimmicks from WCW or try different angles.. they will probably make Rikishi back into Fatu of the Samoan Swat Team era.

Finally he can go down to Florida and sell cars with Meng.

Does Meng really sell cars now?

Because I have to imagine that if he does, he's the best fucking salesman that the dealership has.

Who would refuse to buy a car from him? I swear, all he'd have to do is start gibbering in Tongan at me and threaten to put me in the Tongan Death Grip, and I'd be signing the contract no matter what the interest rate.

Guest Trivia247

Because I have to imagine that if he does, he's the best fucking salesman that the dealership has.

Who would refuse to buy a car from him? I swear, all he'd have to do is start gibbering in Tongan at me and threaten to put me in the Tongan Death Grip, and I'd be signing the contract no matter what the interest rate.

Silly Youngins who were diapers during his Islanders era.

Guest Staravenger

Yes, he's been doing it since he left WWF, which raises another Question. When was Haku released, or did he quit?

Guest Trivia247

Yes, he's been doing it since he left WWF, which raises another Question. When was Haku released, or did he quit?

He was released in 2002. They never really found a valid use for him after his angle went down with Rikishi's injury.

Haku made some resurgence in OVW and even went on the Road with the WWF again in 2002 when he fought DDP for the European title on the Asian tour, but in the end they really had nothing much for him to do. They had no clue how to use him. so they released him

Im glad he found use car salesmenship.

Guest Staravenger

Well the only reason they hired him was to dick with WCW for having a champion on a day-to-day contract. The funny part is the next week they aired a Meng match, even though he was on the other company's shows.

Guest Salacious Crumb
(3) I'd always heard Triple H left WCW by choice, but this could be bullshit.

WCW was going to keep either HHH or Alex Wright. They choice Alex Wright. It's HHH's revisionist history where he tries to make himself look more important than he really was in the 90s.

HHH left cause WCW wanted him to team with the blue bloods, HHH saw the WWF as a chance at a singles push.

Nope.... WCW was cutting some money and they had a choice to either keep Alex Wright or to keep HHH. They decided to keep Wright and so HHH got the axe.

The stories about him leaving are HHH's revisionist history to make himself look like he was worth anything before the Foley feud. Why's the guy going to quit WCW? He was a lower card nobody. He was the type of name that was glad to be getting a steady paycheck. Not the kind that can quit a federation at will without worry.

Anyway I think I'm going to do something crazy and actually go back on topic.

I think they should have Rikishi make one more appearance with Scotty. Have Scotty turn and do a number on Kish. There you go Scott Taylor is now a heel and has a little bit of instant heat. Simple.

Guest GreatOne
Who were the nWo leaders? Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and HULK HOGAN

Check-mate.

Edit: Hulk Hogan was fired because he refused to put Bret over like he promised, and took 2 months off to film another crap-tastic movie, hence his complete squash from Yokozuna at KOTR 93.

That's really not a good counter-argument to make, who were WCW's biggest stars during their run?

Former WWE stars, gee I dunno Billy Bob why did WCW die again? Of course this is also the same company that put Dennis Rodman and Jay Leno in PPV main events...........

It's like saying if the XFL were still around and Vince opened the purse way up and signed Warren Sapp, Ted Washington, Mark Brunell, and Emmitt Smith that they'd instantly become this next great league..........

Back on topic: Rikishi was still doing anything?

He really wasn't a big factor anymore. Its to bad he's gone but I wasn't exactly a rikishi fan anyway. The stink face was not high on my list of favorite moves for sure.

Guest Ronnie755

People are talking about how guys like Rikishi are stale and its a good idea to fire them. That may be so, but are they bringing in any wrestlers that are better to take their spots? I'm not seeing ot at all. Just what wrestlers have made good replacements? Mordecai? John Heidenrich? Kenzo Suzuki? Tyson Tomko? To top it off, they never sign any good new talent. It seems that they only sign these no name, no talent scrubs. These call ups and new signees are actually worse than guys like Rikishi, Test, A-Train, Bob Holly, Billy Gunn, etc.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
(3) I'd always heard Triple H left WCW by choice, but this could be bullshit.

WCW was going to keep either HHH or Alex Wright. They choice Alex Wright. It's HHH's revisionist history where he tries to make himself look more important than he really was in the 90s.

HHH left cause WCW wanted him to team with the blue bloods, HHH saw the WWF as a chance at a singles push.

Nope.... WCW was cutting some money and they had a choice to either keep Alex Wright or to keep HHH. They decided to keep Wright and so HHH got the axe.

The stories about him leaving are HHH's revisionist history to make himself look like he was worth anything before the Foley feud. Why's the guy going to quit WCW? He was a lower card nobody. He was the type of name that was glad to be getting a steady paycheck. Not the kind that can quit a federation at will without worry.

If HHH was a Free agent, and looked at WCW, where he'd be on a jobber tag team, or the WWF, who's business was in the shitter and needed new singles midcarders....

Please produce evidence of this revisionist history of HHH that says otherwise

Guest Staravenger

He said in several interviews he was suppose to team up with Steven Regal in 1995, but WWF gave him an offer to play a stupid unover character, so he went to WWF.

Note: The last part is my revised history of his. The guy was lucky he got a job with WWF since his character was just to poke fun at snobs in Greenwich when Vince & his family moved there.