TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Choken One..........banned?

Guest Anglesault

Maybe you should have asked someone my stance on a "meaningless baseball game" before you decided I was flaming.

Choken didn't troll anyone. He didn't spam the board. And he didn't call anyone some nasty racial slur.

Personally, I thought Choken One was an okay guy sometimes. I have never despised the guy or felt he was some sort of asshole.

But simply put, he got banned for being a really, really, really crappy poster with nothing redeemable about him that I could use as an argument to justify his continued existence on the board. Either the staff looks like chumps for letting Choken stick around and post his drivel or else we look like power abusing ogres for banning him for his shitty posts. I've been around him posting since our days at the old Smarks EZ Board and I can say that he hasn't changed since those days. He never made any progress or improvement in curbing his post whoring and adding nothing of substance to the board even after he had been warned several times over the past couple years.

I'll probably get some eyes raised in my direction for banning Choke but that's something I knew would happen and was prepared for it when I hit the "ban" button. This stuff makes some folks feel tense or unsure that they "might be next" and that's normal to feel. But Choke was warned so he did have a head's up to improve but never complied.

He was just totally worthless as a poster with nothing redeemable about him to justify his existence on the board.

I apologize for making anyone here feel "am I next?" but I can assure everyone here that I've got no one else in mind to ban at this moment. I hope that gives you all some sort of reassurrance. If not, then all I've got to offer is an open invite to talk to me on PM or AIM if you're not feeling this banning. I'll be more than happy to talk to folks privately about this if you want.

Thanks for your time everyone.

I appreciate your explanation Sass. It's nice to have mods who don't have a stick up their ass and are power hungry like nikjohns.

I just think TSM has a lot of posters who are a LOT worse then Choken One. Choken One, at times, did help bring worthwhile discussion while I've seen other posters who just spout meaningless one liners or whose posts are incomprehensible are still around.

Choken did have his redeeming qualities- I think other posters should've been banned before he was.

Guest FrigidSoul
I apologize for making anyone here feel "am I next?" but I can assure everyone here that I've got no one else in mind to ban at this moment.

Except for Dames. The Giant Baba avatar is only here to lull you into a false sense of security and then BAM! Well I'm onto you Sass!!! :P

this "excessive non-contribution" criterion is kind of a dangerous thing, and could feasibly be used to ban guys like rudo, inc, myself, and even agent. any forum this large is going to have a healthy amount of people who regularly post non-sequiturs, and a healthy amount of threads that wander off-topic. it's just the natural order of things in a "choken one.........banned?" thread to get posts like

*Smacks Damaramu upside the head with a cast-iron frying pan*

nobody's going to jump on curry for posting that, and nobody jumped on me for turning the "marney's gone" thread into the "let's celebrate 'the real world san diego' " thread. maybe it's because people who post more substantial things have a certain special license to go off-topic without repercussions, but i think it's just a matter of who is personally annoyed by whom. everybody posts fluff, it's just a matter of whether you find that fluff interesting and entertaining, or if you find it annoying. i find birds in the hotel's fluff to be EXTREMELY annoying but i'm not going to call for his banning, because i post more fluff than he does and it doesn't matter whose fluff is more interesting. maybe one could ban him for the "excessive stupidity", but what's really the qualitative difference between stupid fluff and clever fluff? i think choken should be a one-time-only case for the sheer AMOUNT of shit he did, i don't think the same logic should be applied to anglesault or zsasz (both of whom do make some meaningful contributions, despite the shit they start).

Guest FrigidSoul

As long as you're actually contributing more than you are annoying then fluff is allowed. HD isn't really a big deal though and that's where Birds has been...I can just skip over that crap. However if I'm talking to alkeiper and Bruiser in the baseball thread on something we all find very interesting and somebody is in there stirring up shit with fluff and posts made solely to cause a negative reaction then toss'em says I.

In Dama's defence, he wouldn't know if he has sigs turned off.

*shifty eyes*

Yeah that's it.......it's not that I don't pay attention to anything......I have sig's turned off.......

Guest Loss
this "excessive non-contribution" criterion is kind of a dangerous thing, and could feasibly be used to ban guys like rudo, inc, myself, and even agent. any forum this large is going to have a healthy amount of people who regularly post non-sequiturs, and a healthy amount of threads that wander off-topic. it's just the natural order of things in a "choken one.........banned?" thread to get posts like

*Smacks Damaramu upside the head with a cast-iron frying pan*

nobody's going to jump on curry for posting that, and nobody jumped on me for turning the "marney's gone" thread into the "let's celebrate 'the real world san diego' " thread. maybe it's because people who post more substantial things have a certain special license to go off-topic without repercussions, but i think it's just a matter of who is personally annoyed by whom. everybody posts fluff, it's just a matter of whether you find that fluff interesting and entertaining, or if you find it annoying. i find birds in the hotel's fluff to be EXTREMELY annoying but i'm not going to call for his banning, because i post more fluff than he does and it doesn't matter whose fluff is more interesting. maybe one could ban him for the "excessive stupidity", but what's really the qualitative difference between stupid fluff and clever fluff? i think choken should be a one-time-only case for the sheer AMOUNT of shit he did, i don't think the same logic should be applied to anglesault or zsasz (both of whom do make some meaningful contributions, despite the shit they start).

100% in agreement with everything said here.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
I appreciate your explanation Sass. It's nice to have mods who don't have a stick up their ass and are power hungry like nikjohns.

That's the stupidest statement I've read today. I've talked to Nik a few times on AIM and I can say straight up he's a good guy who's only problem is that he tries too hard sometimes in trying to make the WWEoruma better place.

Where's one example of him being 'Power Hungry"??? If he was power hungry he'd be trying to become a super mod.

Nah, if he wants to become a super mod, he has to do things for Tom and Sass that I REALLY don't want to get into right now.

How do I know? Um....if you'll step outside, I'll show you the reciept for the Crisco and tiger sharks.

I think they've been a tad leniant to AngleSault because he's made an attempt at getting better. Trust me, he was much worse before you joined. If the Yankees did even one thing wrong he would fill a post with absolute idiocy left and right until it took everybody telling him to shut up.

He still loses it from time to time but now he's actually contributing things at times which make for good discussion where-as before he was just constantly pissing everybody off and ignoring the fact people were just trying to discuss baseball.

AS used to be A LOT worse.

Remember when he used to just say that Angle was a good wrestler and that everyone else sucked? All he did was ram Angle down our throats and EVERYONE hated him.

If he was still like that now, he would have been banned along time ago.

I say we are lucky to have this AS, not the old one.

Guest Anglesault

That's the stupidest statement I've read today. I've talked to Nik a few times on AIM and I can say straight up he's a good guy who's only problem is that he tries too hard sometimes in trying to make the WWEoruma better place.

Where's one example of him being 'Power Hungry"??? If he was power hungry he'd be trying to become a super mod.

I wouldn't call him power hungry.

He just has a habit of responding to legitimate questions with "I'm a mod and you're not, so who the hell are you to ask what my reasoning is?"

I couldn't care less whether or not CO was banned, but isn't the "excessive stupidity" reason given rather broad? What exactly does it mean?

Edited by Highland

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I wouldn't call him power hungry.

He just has a habit of responding to legitimate questions with "I'm a mod and you're not, so who the hell are you to ask what my reasoning is?"

questions that have already been answered

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Sass already told everyone why he was banned. If you don't like the answer then that's fine but continuing to say that no answer has been given is wrong.

Sass already told everyone why he was banned. If you don't like the answer then that's fine but continuing to say that no answer has been given is wrong.

He pretty much said the same thing you did. Just took him more words to say it.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

because.that's.why.he.was.banned.

Read the rules. You can and will be banned for stupidity.

isn't the "excessive stupidity" reason given rather broad? What exactly does it mean?

excessive stupidity

I knew someone would make a reply like that, but what I meant was how does the term apply within the rules? What qualifies as excessive stupidity and by whose standard is it judged?

Guest slacklet
isn't the "excessive stupidity" reason given rather broad? What exactly does it mean?

excessive stupidity

I knew someone would make a reply like that, but what I meant was how does the term apply within the rules? What qualifies as excessive stupidity and by whose standard is it judged?

I see we're back on topic.

There's the question of the hour.

Why are people complaining about it? It is done with, he isn't coming back. It is like arguing an out in baseball; there is no point because they aren't going to change their mind.

Unless he saves the board like Banky did.

Guest Dazed

It's a judgment call. There's no other way it can be. This is left to the judgment of the admins and mods, again, there's no way to quantify stupidity. These decisions aren't taken lightly, there's been discussion of Choken for ages.

Guest FrigidSoul

From the rules that Dames wrote

7. Mods have full discresion to warn or ban posters they feel are out of line and acting like twits.

There's three to four threads all running about the exact same topic or on some similar note. Can one or two of these be closed? Maybe just leave this and WWE Stupidity open? The HD topic is worthless and just an extension of this.

Why are people complaining about it? It is done with, he isn't coming back. It is like arguing an out in baseball; there is no point because they aren't going to change their mind.

Uh that's pretty stubborn if a mod won't change his mind no matter what argument he gets. Loss changed his mind and admitted he was wrong a bunch of times. Dames and Dr Tom recalled a couple bans, including Frigid's.

From the rules that Dames wrote

7. Mods have full discresion to warn or ban posters they feel are out of line and acting like twits.

It's pretty funny that discretion is spelled wrong.

...no, it isn't. Forget I posted that.