TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Anyone ever get sued

My old roomie/leaser is threatening to sue because I bounced before my 6 month lease was up. I left because I was pissed at my life situation and the flea problem in the house. I left paint on the floor before I left and thats what set him off, for the record. He claaims he had to sand the floor. Dude, turpinetine(sp) gets that shit out......

So anyone else ever been in a similar boat?

Guest TheJewof2001

That is pretty shitty Mr. Cynical. How much is he sueing you for? It can't be more than $500 bucks.

I have never been sued, but my good friend is getting sued for killing a guy in a car accident. He is getting sued for $20 million, when the accident wasn't even his fault.

Thank God he is Jewish, so he has the money for lawyers.

If the prosecuting attorney is a female, tell her you WANT her to sue the pants off you. Then go "heh. yeah." Sure-fire tactic: not only will you get off in court, but you'll get off later that evening, if you know what I mean, when you've charmed that lawyer bitch right outta her skirt.

This doesn't work with guys.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can't see how I haven't been. I'm really adept at dodging creditors and collection agencies, though. I've done credit checks before, and there's an instance or two where I've owed around $1,000 to someone, and the debt's magically not there. The one company to catch me, and I'm not surprised at all: Comcast Cable, for the sum of 151 dollars and some cents. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

Guest Vitamin X

CapitalOne was able to balloon my $485 balance to over $2000 and ruined my credit because of it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm pretty positive there's a landlord I still owe money to, actually. He called me up one day threatening eviction, which I countered with a "Fuck you pal, I'll leave first." Which took him pretty aback. Haven't heard from him sense. Guess he got his way, and I got mine.

How so, X?...

Because they're shifty-ass creditor bastards.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Well, you've got to figure what he owed in the first place, add interest, add bullshit late fees, service charges, annual fees, etc.

I'm sure he could argue it back down. I've done that sort of thing before, but they'll actively look for ways to fuck a person, if they deem it necessary.

Guest Vitamin X

Actually my credit limit was $500 then they started adding late fees and overlimit fees and all that shit. CapitalOne is a shiftyass fucking company though, everytime I thought I had the balance paid off (and I'm not an idiot, I keep track of what I spend) I always seem to have something pop up and then I can't even argue it off.

Fuck CapitalOne.

I'm sure he could argue it back down. I've done that sort of thing before, but they'll actively look for ways to fuck a person, if they deem it necessary.

Exactly.

I can't see how I haven't been. I'm really adept at dodging creditors and collection agencies, though. I've done credit checks before, and there's an instance or two where I've owed around $1,000 to someone, and the debt's magically not there. The one company to catch me, and I'm not surprised at all: Comcast Cable, for the sum of 151 dollars and some cents. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

Guest Vitamin X
Well why didn't you just make your payments? I don't really have sympathy for stories like these. Sorry... :(

Thing is, kkk.... I DID.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!

That's no lie. Your shitty asshole company is a bunch of fuckin' pitbulls when you get stiffed. As much as I was moving around and changing things, I'm pretty impressed they chased me far enough to impede the loan I got for my truck. Oh well, it was 150 bucks. Good thing my old landlord wasn't that sharp.

Don't ever give money, goods, or services to college students.

I do agree with that to some degree. If a credit card company is willing to give a credit line to a college student, they shouldn't be shocked when the student defaults.

And what was your story, X?

sfaJack is right, too. Capital One will raise your credit limit if you make one purchase and pay it off. Happened to me, too...

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
My old roomie/leaser is threatening to sue because I bounced before my 6 month lease was up. I left because I was pissed at my life situation and the flea problem in the house. I left paint on the floor before I left and thats what set him off, for the record. He claaims he had to sand the floor. Dude, turpinetine(sp) gets that shit out......

Go to Judge Greg Mathis. As an avid viewer, I'll teach you how to win the judge over.

I don't really see how you have much of an argument, unless you can prove that the termites made the conditions unsuitable for living.