TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
megaadvice

The "what WWE are doing well" thread

Benoit as champ.

Eugene initially.

Batista and Orton- they are now legit over. And I'm really digging both of them now, especially Batista.

They got me to actually LIKE Regal, a wrestler I've never really cared for before.

They gave Hurrican an edge before his mathc with Flair, hopefully he keeps it.

Cruisers on Smackdown.

JBL. Yeah, you heard me. Forget all the crap said about him, but think he can build himself to be a credible champ, if he's given a chance. Plus, now both members of the former APA are/were world champs.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Plus, now both members of the former APA are/were world champs.

Faarooq was World champ?

Faarooq was World champ?

WCW Champion in 1992

I like the Dudleys since their turn. A lot of their work looks really stiff, especially recently, against London and Kidman. It's great for me to watch, but probably not so good for someone getting kicked in the bells. I also love Bubba when he's on the outside, riling up the crowd. I hope he wasn't actually told to stop doing it.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

Faarooq was World champ?

WCW Champion in 1992

Ah right. Cheers. I was 3 or 4 in 1992 ... probably why I don't remember it

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

Again, I was 3 or 4 so I don't remember. The only title reigns I remember Faarooq having were (CR)APA tag title and the IC title.

Edited by nikjohns

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

He did! I think ... god this is years ago. Umm, he was like a gladiator kind of character and had some kind of valet. Might've been Sunny. Long-term memory's not great

Edited by nikjohns

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Nope, check the IC title history! There's a bunch on the net!

Ah my mistake. I always thought he had won it, when Sunny was with him. I really, really can't remember what his name was. Can someone jog my memory?

Guest Dazed

All posts that have been edited were edited to get rid of the needless sequence of nested quotes. We don't need to read the same post 7 times.

Guest bigm350

About what the WWE is doing well. I think the longer matches are great. It seems like some matches have that old school NWA shine to them.

Agreed, I too am digging the longer matches. I got no problem with restholds, in fact I prefer it to say a RVD match of spot/spot/spot/ It makes actual "high spots" seem better.

All Hail Orton & Batista for bringing back restholds.

Benoits push this year has been awesome. Makes last years loss to Brock not seem so bad. Like the move to RAW was a smart move on Benoits part. Winning the Rumble having to pry Big Show out of the ring with a crowbar was a great start too. I never thought Benoit would get a push THIS strong.

Having Eddy and Benoit at the end of Mania was almost like a gift to the smarks.

HBK has been really good this year. Glad to have him around, and in small doses works. The tap out to Benoit prolly means "I'm sorry". At least to the canadian fans. Cheers.

While many keep talking about how business is down the crowds have remained really hot for the shows. :cheers:

Stacy Keiblers "I do nothing" gimmick; it's the best thing goin today. Where is she going to show up next??? Will she be Rhynos manager? Perhaps a time keeper? Hey, how about a camera(wo)man? Is that her selling you popcorn?? Look, there she is again talking to Edge! There are so many possibilities and her enthusiasm and (really bad) acting just makes it so good.

They gave us a faster-paced and much better Edge/Orton bout on Raw, making up for those who paid for Vengeance.

They've got most of you fooled that Eugene isn't turning heel very soon.

Trish is looking mighty fine, lately, as a heel.

They've got a decent little World Tag Title feud in the making.

Metallica isn't doing this year's SummerSlam theme: YOU LIVE IT OR LIE IT!! MAH LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE!

Smackdown seems to be getting better.

Fresh (yet still pretty unover) team as WWE Tag Champs.

Stacy Keiblers "I do nothing" gimmick; it's the best thing goin today. Where is she going to show up next??? Will she be Rhynos manager? Perhaps a time keeper? Hey, how about a camera(wo)man? Is that her selling you popcorn?? Look, there she is again talking to Edge! There are so many possibilities and her enthusiasm and (really bad) acting just makes it so good.

I hope she sticks with Hurricane, then she gets booted down to Heat and I don't have to look at her anymore, which is a REALLY good thing.

I'm happy that there's no Vince all over the shows and I'm happy that, even if I don't care for the latest incarnation of the character, I can hear Taker's REAL music and the huge pop from it again.