TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
landy1987

Eddie Guerrero DVD details

(sorry if this has been posted before)

Cheating Death, Stealing Life - The Eddie Guerrero Story

Born into Mexico's first family of sports-entertainment, Eddie Guerrero's career choice was only natural. In the ring, Eddie was unbeatable. He was part of the most popular tag team in Mexico. Fans worldwide were captivated with his high-flying style. Soon, he moved to Japan and experienced similar success.

After returning to the United States, Eddie faced a challenge he was not prepared for - addiction. Surviving a car accident that almost killed him, Eddie felt he was bulletproof, resulting in reckless behavior that put his life, career and marriage in jeopardy.

Then it all fell apart.

The true test of any man is how he handles adversity. In one of the most inspiring stories in the history of sports-entertainment, Eddie Guerrero not only regained his life, he surpassed his wildest dreams. This is his story.

5 hours of extras:

Ten great matches:

vs. Cactus Jack & Rock n Roll RPM's (AWA SuperClash III)

Hair vs. Mask Match (When Worlds Collide)

vs. Dean Malenko (ECW)

vs. Chris Jericho (WCW Fall Brawl)

vs. Rey Mysterio (WCW Halloween Havoc),

vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. (WCW Bash at the Beach)

vs. Rob Van Dam (Monday Night Raw)

Triple Threat Elimination WWE Tag Team Championship (WWE Survivor Series 2002),

vs. Chris Benoit (WWE Vengeance)

vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE No Way Out)

- Go behind-the-scenes with Eddie Guerrero shooting

- TV commercial & magazine cover.

- The Viva La Raza Vignettes

- Special look at WrestleMania XX

Shawn Michaels - Boyhood Dream

In 1996, Shawn Michaels won the Royal Rumble for the second year in a row. It set the stage for the year that would see Shawn Michaels evolve into "The Showstopper, The Main Event". When he won the Iron Man match vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII, his boyhood dream of being WWE Champion was realised.

Holding onto the dream took guts and determination.

Featuring highlights from these matches matches from 1996:

- Wrestelmania 12 vs Bret Hart

- In Your House 7 (Good Friends, Better Enemies) vs Diesel

- In Your House 8 (Beware of Dog) vs British Bulldog

- In Your House 9 (International Incident) Shawn Michaels/Sycho Sid/Ahmed Johnson vs British Bulldog/Vader/Owen Hart

- Summerslam 96 vs Vader

- In Your House 10 (Mind Games) vs Mankind

- Survivor Series 96 vs Sycho Sid

- Royal Rumble 97 vs Sycho Sid

There are also pictures of the covers on www.silvervision.co.uk

So aren't any of the Shawn matches un-edited? I dunno why they would put the Mind Games match on ANOTHER Shawn/Foley tape, though.

Why? I understand the Brock match because of the importance, but do we really need these matches on another DVD? Why not throw on the Rey match from after Mania? Or some Los Guerreros goodness from the SD 6 days? Everything else is fine.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Well, now I am highly disappointed in the Eddie DVD. It's just the recycled Eddie Guerrero story thing that aired on UPN with bonus matches. On top of that, the matches aren't even the best choices.

vs. Dean Malenko (ECW)

Now I'm all for the AWA Superclash match, even though I've never seen it...at least it's something different that most people haven't seen. The When World's Collide match is awesome and should be on there by all means along with the ECW stuff with Malenko. But to put on there the match with Mysterio(although an awesome match....it's already been on Mysterio's DVD)isn't the best choice but I guess I can look past it. But everything else except the Benoit match at Vengence and the Brock match, everything seems to be randomly selected. I mean they do show Eddie wrestling in New Japan on the feature.....so why couldn't they put one of those matches on there(they did on the Benoit one that's coming out)? So basically, because I have the special on tape and most of the matches on it.......I'll probably be skipping this one.

Looking at Guerrero's DVD line-up, I was a bit more depressed no Puro matches as Black Tiger. I figured they picked the lesser Tiger-Pegasus match, to include the better one on Eddy's DVD.

:-\

Guest Greg Valentine

The reason all the HBK matches are clipped and have been on DVD before is because this is a recycled Coliseum Video they're tossing on a throwaway DVD, kind of like the Undertaker on they released a few months ago. Just a cheap way to make a few bucks.

The HBK DVD seems to be an old Coliseum Video re-release a la "Stone Cold Said So" or "Undertaker's Gravest Matches". It's priced at $9.95 and looks like no extras are included. Too bad, I may be skipping this one.

Edit: Greg Valentine beat me to it.

The Eddie DVD looks a bit disappointing with all those matches from previous releases. The Rey and Brock matches I can understand, but maybe the SD! street fight vs Edge or some other Los Guerreros matches would have been better choices. And I hope the Malenko ECW match is not the same as the Path of Destruction DVD 'cause I already have that one too.

Edited by pochorenella

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Just wait.You'll be able to find the Michael's dvd in the $5 wal-mart bin right next to Undertaker's "He Buries them Alive" fluff dvd.

Can't wait for Eddie's

Darn...rather disappointing. No Black Tiger goodness, nothing tagging with Barr, and matches that are on other DVDs?

I don't recall, but is that match with Jericho the one where Jericho was gassed early and Eddy had to carry him the rest of the way? =/

Also, blah, waste of another Michaels DVD. I didn't like them sticking the Iron Man on the last one,. They have plenty of classic and newer matches that could have gone on a new one. They're going to have go go over the footage and blur out the WWFs anyway, so they should have gone ahead and made a full new release with extra matches.

Wow.

That Eddy DVD sure is a letdown. However, if they keep the post-match beatdown on Austin by Eddy and Benoit this might be worth picking up.

Why in the FUCK is the Halloween Havoc match on it? Ditto for the 3 Way Tag match nobody cared about.

Yes, the matches aren't complete on Michaels DVD, for everyone complaining about "I want this match instead of this one!"

It's a chop shop of his '96 title run year. Which is actually pretty good stuff to have in a row for what, 8-9$?

Oh yeah, and about Rey/Eddie. I know Rey/Eddie has been included before, however, listen to this logic:

Eddie is a WWE Main Eventer.

Shawn Michaels is a WWE Main Eventer.

Non-WCW watching diehards love Michaels because of the memories they have for his classics: "Michaels/Razor WM X, Best Match Ever!" "Michaels/Bret Iron Man, that was the best!" The Rockers! Michaels on 2 Rumbles! Michaels and Diesel! Michaels/Stone Cold! etc.

Those unfamiliar with Guerrero's classics need to see them, so they'll keep puming them out until everyone catches up.

"Wow, that Eddie/Rey match is out again...was it that good? I guess I'll pick it up."

Now you've got...

"Wow, Eddie Guerrero. He beat Angle and Lesnar...and hey, he had a helluva match with Rey back in WCW" keep adding to it by supplying a demand that the mark doesn't know exists.

Eddie DVD sounds OK. I didn't see the UPN special, so it'll be ok for me.

And please guys, notice that around 5 of you gave us the exact same justification of the HBK DVD. We get it.... it's 5 bucks, it's a re-release.

Guest SoZe
Ten great matches:

vs. Dean Malenko (ECW)

Man, after seeing how they brought the awesome with Benoit's disk, I have to say that I'm HUGELY dissapointed by that matchlisting. I'm sure I'll still get it, but damn.

They should've included the ladder match Eddie had with Syxx from Souled Out '97, which was a pretty good match IMO. Another match that went low under their radar was Eddie's`Fall Brawl '97 match with Jericho. :(

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Eddie's dvd has 4-5 AWESOME matches on it, whats the problem? I didn't pick up Mysterio's disk, so I am glad the Havoc match is there.

I'm assuming this is the ladder match? Meh, this'll be nice to re-watch again, just to see Eddy stiff shot that fan. :)

I was hoping for some Art Barr/Eddy gold, but nope. Instead we get a somewhat weak ladder match [if thats the RVD vs. EG match from RAW, as I beleive they had a regular singles match on RAW as well], a Triple Threat Tag match that's pretty damn recent and is a good match, but not required for a DVD like this, no NJ matches which is a huge dissapointment, as I'd love to see some alternate commentary with Eddy and Dean like Benoit has on his DVD, also I beleive the Benoit vs. Eddy from Vengeance could possibly be their weakest of their encounters, I'd rather have seen the No Way Out 2001 Four-Way than that, especially since the Vengeance match is rather decent. The Brock match has to be on their for significance reasons, and I guess they felt the same for the vs. Chavo match, but if I recall that the Jericho/Eddy match from Fall Brawl was pretty mediocre.....

Oh well, I'll still buy it. :-/

Another match that went low under their radar was Eddie's`Fall Brawl '97 match with Jericho.  :(

Look at the match list closer, algrim. :P

Also, for those complain about no Eddy w/ Art Barr, look at the match list closer too! (i.e.: When World's Collide)

Personally, I'm pissed Eddy vs. Brock from NWO isn't included since I ain't buying that DVD cause the show sucked until the ME (Rey vs. Chavo was good though but still...)

Another match that went low under their radar was Eddie's`Fall Brawl '97 match with Jericho.  :(

Also, for those complain about no Eddy w/ Art Barr, look at the match list closer too! (i.e.: When World's Collide)

Personally, I'm pissed Eddy vs. Brock from NWO isn't included since I ain't buying that DVD cause the show sucked until the ME (Rey vs. Chavo was good though but still...)

Look closer, his match vs. Brock is on there.

:D :D :D :P

Look closer, his match vs. Brock is on there.

:D :D :D :P

That's pretty damn funny! :lol:

Anyway, here's what was put on wrestlingobserver.com:

--store.wrestlingobserver.com is taking pre orders for the 2 disc Eddie Guerrero DVD, which will be released on 9/28. The DVD has the full UPN special (excellent, worth getting just for that) plus Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. Santo & Pentagon (ha ha ha, it's Octagon and they've got it wrong in their own advertising) from the When World's Collide PPV, Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko from ECW, Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho from WCW Fall Brawl, Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio from Halloween Havoc (probably the best WCW match of the decade), Eddie vs. Chavo from Bash at the Beach, Eddie vs. RVD from Raw, Eddie & Chavo vs. Angle & Benoit vs. Mysterio & Edge from SummerSlam 2002 (actually I remember this match was a disappointment), Guerrero vs. Benoit from Vengeance and ending with Guerrero vs. Lesnar from No Way Out. While When Worlds Collide, the Lesnar match and the Mysterio match are musts for any Guerrero collection, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with all of his great matches that this was what was picked.

Look at the match list closer, Algrim  :P

Man, I must be more tired than I thought. ;)

Anyway, they should've had Eddie's match with Dean Malenko from Uncensored '97.

I think fans can suggest matches for dvd at their website. I remember one flyer that came with a DVD asking fans what kind of matches and releases they would like to see. If they listen is another story.

Guest Staravenger

I won't even waste the $10 on the HBK DVD (if it is a CV transfer, which is more than likely) since I have the full matches of all of the matches except for one of them.

Eddie Guerreros DVD is REALLY shitty looking. Only about 3 or 4 matches are new to me, and that's not enough for the $20 it probably will be marked as.