TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
landy1987

Eddie Guerrero DVD details

I have that HBK CV and it is the EXACT same match listing. Dok Hendrix hosts it from the workout facility at Titan Towers. The CV was called 'Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak Express Tour'. Yeah, most everything is clipped but it is about 2 hours vs. the one hour Austin/UT dvds.

Guest Black Tiger

The six man tag from AWA SuperClash III doesn't have Eddie in it. Its Chavo/Hector/Mando vs Cactus Jack and the RPM's.

I'm a tad disappointed to not have that famous Eddie vs Funk match from NWA TV in May or June of 1989, where Funk destroys him because he wants a shot at Flair's title.

Guest JoeyStyles
vs. Rob Van Dam (Monday Night Raw)

I'm assuming this is the ladder match? Meh, this'll be nice to re-watch again, just to see Eddy stiff shot that fan. :)

I was hoping for some Art Barr/Eddy gold, but nope. Instead we get a somewhat weak ladder match [if thats the RVD vs. EG match from RAW, as I beleive they had a regular singles match on RAW as well]

I think it would make more sense if they put the Eddy/RVD match from Judgement day instead of the ladder one b/c RVD wins in that one and this is an Eddy dvd.

I don't get the all the hate for the Survivor Series 2002 3-way Tag Match.

I remember everyone was mad at the time because Angle/Benoit didn't win, but I rewatched it recently, and it was really good.

I'd also like to see the RVD/Eddie ladder match again.

I think it was a good match, but with so many being on SD at the time, it didn't stand out.

After 20 minute singles matches between the guys on free tv for weeks, it is a little dissapointing when the big blowoff (with all 6 guys) gets just 25 minutes on ppv.

PLUS, it's elimination style. So not all 6 are in there for 25 minutes, and if I recall, didn't Edge/Rey get eliminated REALLY early into it, at like the 5-10 minute mark?

PLUS, it's elimination style. So not all 6 are in there for 25 minutes, and if I recall, didn't Edge/Rey get eliminated REALLY early into it, at like the 5-10 minute mark?

Benoit/Angle were eliminated first at 13:08 (according to

Scott Keith). Edge and Rey were not eliminated until the second (final) pinfall at 19:25.

Compared to what was happening on Smackdown at the time it was nothing too spectacular, but watching it as a stand-alone match almost 2 years laters its pretty damn good.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Benoit/Angle were eliminated first at 13:08 (according to

Scott Keith). Edge and Rey were not eliminated until the second (final) pinfall at 19:25.

Compared to what was happening on Smackdown at the time it was nothing too spectacular, but watching it as a stand-alone match almost 2 years laters its pretty damn good.

I've never seen the matches, nor had I known the result. Please be more cautious and courteous by using the fucking SPOILER TAG. Thank you.

Just wait.You'll be able to find the Michael's dvd in the $5 wal-mart bin right next to Undertaker's "He Buries them Alive" fluff dvd.

They were selling that UT DVD at Best Buy for 6.99... worth it? I've never seen any of the matches on it, so would it be a worthwhile buy for only 6.99?

NOTE: I had to laugh when I was there, just because right next to the 7 or 8 6.99 UT "Buries them Alive" DVDs, they had one copy of "Ramped Up: Vol. 1 the videos" or whatever it's called for 12.99, twice the price of the UT DVD! LMFAO!

Guest FrigidSoul
Eddie's dvd has 4-5 AWESOME matches on it, whats the problem? I didn't pick up Mysterio's disk, so I am glad the Havoc match is there.

Exactly. Not everybody in the world picked up the Mysterio DVD or every other DVD the WWE has put out. They can get away with placing a shared match on another DVD. The only thing that bothers me is when they put a match on a DVD that Wrestler A had on another DVD about Wrestler A. Making me buy the same thing over and over again in that sense pisses me off.

I'll pick up the Eddy DVD. Kinda shit that the Michaels one is a rehash though. I was hoping for a From the Vault part 2.

Semi-related question. Is there any old Coliseum video where one could find the Michaels/Owen match from the February 1996 In Your House? The one where Michaels swung off the roof of the "garage." I remember really liking that match...plus it's friggin' Shawn Michaels and Owen Hart. Any help would be appreciated.

You need a spoiler for a 2 year old match?

I'm not a compulsive wrestling nerd like the lot of you, so I don't get ANY of the PPVs. I don't know who/what happened in this match.

Yet you still have 6,559 [soon to be 6,560 when you reply....] posts here?

You can divide that number by 5,559; and that is how many times I've posted in the wrestling forum.

Divide, whore.

The point : I rarely post here.

Not a bad selection, I'm sure the RVD match is the ladder one. Can't wait for next month! :headbang:

Hmm...an ok selection, considering I have the majority of those matches already. Only really WWC that interests me. And what's the deal with the Superclash match being on there? I thought that was Chavo, Mando and Hector vs Cactus and RPMs?

Guest Ray

Probably been said a dozen times, but they really could've done a better job selecting matches.

vs Benoit or vs Liger from the 1996 BOSJ tourney, specifically.

Guest Askewniverse
And what's the deal with the Superclash match being on there? I thought that was Chavo, Mando and Hector vs Cactus and RPMs?

I'd guess the SuperClash match is there to showcase the Guerrero family wrestling legacy.

Guest SethforPrez840

From PWInsider.com

aaa_eddiegdvd.jpg

He Lies, He Cheats, He Steals, He Wrestles!

There will be a number of special commentaries on the upcoming WWE Eddie Guerrero "Cheating Death, Stealing Life" Double DVD as part of the five hours of extras on the double DVD set. The DVD's main feature will be Guerrero's UPN special from several months ago. The DVD will feature alternative commentaries featuring Guerrero with Rob Van Dam, Rey Mysterio, and Dean Malenko.

WWE did a similar feature on the recently released Chris Benoit DVD using Todd Grisham with Benoit and Malenko, with Grisham's performance panned by fans. This time around, it will be just the wrestlers handling alternative commentary. Full details are listed below.

The promotional notes for the main feature on the DVD reads:

"Born into Mexico's first family of sports-entertainment, Eddie Guerrero's career choice was only natural. In the ring, Eddie was unbeatable. He was part of the most popular tag team in Mexico. Fans worldwide were captivated with his high-flying style. Soon, he moved to Japan and experienced similar success.

After returning to the United States, Eddie faced a challenge he was not prepared for - addiction. Surviving a car accident that almost killed him, Eddie felt he was bulletproof, resulting in reckless behavior that put his life, career and marriage in jeopardy.

Then it all fell apart.

The true test of any man is how he handles adversity. In one of the most inspiring stories in the history of sports-entertainment, Eddie Guerrero not only regained his life, he surpassed his wildest dreams. This is his story."

There will be five hours of extras on the DVD including:

*Hector, Mando, & Chavo Guerrero vs. Cactus Jack Foley & The Rock n Roll RPM's (AWA SuperClash III, which is also the PPV debut of Mick Foley)

*Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs. El Hijo Del Santo & Octagon - Classic Double Hair vs. Masks Match (AAA/IWC When Worlds Collide and Guerrero's PPV debut)

*Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko (ECW - Best of Three Falls Farewell)

Alternative commentary with Guerrero and Malenko

*Eddie Guerrero vs. WCW Cruiserweight champion Chris Jericho (WCW Fall Brawl '97)

*WCW Cruiserweight champion Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - (WCW Halloween Havoc '97)

Alternative commentary with Guerrero and Mysterio

*Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. - Hair vs. Hair Match (WCW Bash at the Beach '97)

*Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam - Ladder Match (Monday Night Raw)

Alternative commentary with Guerrero and Van Dam

WWE Tag Team champions Edge & Rey Misterio vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs. Eddie & Chavo Guerrero (WWE Survivor Series 2002)

*Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit (WWE Vengeance 2003)

*Eddie Guerrero's WWE championship win over Brock Lesnar at WWE No Way Out 2004

*Behind the scenes footage of Guerrero shooting his TV commercial and magazine cover.

*Viva La Raza Vignettes

*Special look at WrestleMania XX

*Six Easter Eggs

I'm really glad they learned from the Grisham disaster.

I like the alternate commentary on all of his WCW/ECW/WWE matches, nice touch.

I wonder what the "special look at Mania XX" will be. And I'm liking the addition of the Viva La Raza vignettes. :)

Guest Ray

"*Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko (ECW - Best of Three Falls Farewell)

Alternative commentary with Guerrero and Malenko "

Damn, I was hoping it would be the superior Hostile City Showdown match.