TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Sting in the WWF

Over the years people have often wondered how Sting would have fared in the WWF, most think he would have done pretty well in the early 90s and he would probably have been in the Ultimate Warrior's spot had he jumped before 90.I'm wondering how he would have been used and the feuds he would have had.

Here's what I would have done with Sting for the 1st 18 months if he had jumped straight after Starrcade 89.

Royal Rumble 90: Debut him on the brother love show, have Bobby Hennan offer to be his manager and receive a Stinger Splash and Scorpion Deathlock, this establishes Sting as a face and shows off his 2 main moves, it also starts a feud with the Heenan family.

SNME(the one where Savage fought Hogan): Have him squash Haku in his first match on WWF tv, Ravishing Rick Rude attacks him after the match with 3 rude awakenings.

Wrestlemania 6: Sting vs. Rude ends in a dq after Heenan runs in while Rude is in the Scorpion deathlock.

Summerslam 90: Sting beats Rude in a cage match.

Survivor Series 90: Put Sting in the Dusty/Dibiase match and have him counted out after Mr. Perfect stops him from getting back in the ring.

Royal Rumble 91: have Sting beat the Barbarian and have him challenge perfect to a match at a future date(Wrestlemania 7)

Wrestlemania 7: Sting beats Perfect and after he attacks Hennan and injures him causing Hennan to become a full time Commentator

Summerslam 91: I'd have Sting and Hogan against Roberts and Undertaker with Undertaker pinning Sting after hogan accidently hits Sting with a chair.

After that I'd have Sting feud with Dibiase for a few months before Royal Rumble 92(with Flair winning Title) and Sting/Flair at Wrestlemania 8.Hogan/Sting could also be an option.

Sting would have been a better bet than Warrior as "hogan's successor" because when guys like Ted Dibiase and Mr. Perfect were against the Warrior you never felt that Warrior was in danger of losing, Sting on the other hand was about the same weight as those guys and he was better in the ring than warrior.With the WWF marketing behind him he would have done very well.

What would you guys have done with Sting? Would he have been the hogan like guy they wanted(I know he couldn't have done as much as Hogan but he could still have done well)

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Fantasy booking

Please keep it where it belongs.... The old School forum is actually pretty tightly run, and doesn't generally suck, so please help a brother out.

Sting would have been a natural opponent for HBK, Bret, Owen, Undertaker, Diesal, Warrior, Hogan, Sid and just about all the big stars prior to the attitude era. Even in the attitude era, under a similar gimmick change to his crow evolution, Sting would have been great as a opponent for Kane, Rocky, DX and others. It is a real shame Sting was loyal to WCW and hung around to simply be fucked over by Hogan's arrival.

One of my friends( a wresling enthusiast) pretty much classifies Sting as a big what if. While he did become one of the most popular wrestlers of all time behind guys like Austin, Rock, Hogan. What would have happened if he wouldn't have been given shitty title reigns, or even signed to the WWE. I personally think Sting's status as a legend would be much higher if he had signed to the WWE, but we'll never know now.

how is this the wrong forum? anyways, i just know what WWE should do if Sting showed up in present time. Sting should be booked like was in WCW, as an invincible phantom who lurks around and makes ominous threats to the heels.

I'd have Sting start showing up at RAW and cause all kinds of hell, beating up heels at random and letting the crowd soak him up. eventually, Sting would focus on one single heel faction: Evolution, namely HHH. this would set up a fued similar to when Sting chased Hogan and the nWo in WCW. after a few weeks of Sting stalking and attacking Evolution, Bischoff would just allow a big PPV match between the two. Sting would destroy HHH. after the match, Evolution comes down to help HHH, but Orton turns on him, setting up HHH (w/ HBK and Flair) vs. Orton and a new version of Evolution (let's say Orton, Batista, Cade, and Maven). almost a New Blood vs. Legends kind of fued.

Sting doesn't appear on RAW again, but a week or two later, he shows up on Smackdown! in a big shocker. it seems mysterious, but Sting soon shows that he's once again here for a reason. he wants one man, and that's the Undertaker. UT has a spot in the World Title picture, but he also plays mindgames with Sting, each man beckoning the other to take the first shot. Heyman gets involved and promises that he'll get rid of Sting, as he's not even a contracted SM! talent. he makes the mistake of getting between the two, and both UT and Sting beat Heyman down. McMahon once again has to come out, and he gives us another PPV match, this time its Undertaker vs. Sting. Undertaker would pick up the win, but on the next Smackdown, Sting comes out and offers UT his hand in respect. the two team up later that night and win the tag team titles from the Bashams. then we see Sting and UT fued with the Dudleyz for awhile with Heyman in their corner. of course, i haven't factored in how Lex Luger would HAVE to fit in.