TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leon

The Classics Collection: Bret Hart DVD

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I could be wrong on this, but I believe the Iron Man with OWEN was the match he referred to.

Did that match happen at WM 12?

If not, then it wasn't on the list that he posted on his column at some point. I believe the Owen match from WM X was on there.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I cannot in good conscience call this the best DVD ever if it doesn't have the WM 10 and 13 matches. Those are disgusting ommissions that simply enrage me. And wrestling never enrages me.

PS. They should put the Hart Foundation/BrainBusters match from SSlam 89.

it sounds like most of you people believe this list is completely tfact, but it isn't! Nothing has been confirmed yet, they could put anything on here really.

They had better put some stuff from the original Hart Foundation in the 80s as they cant ignore it all surely?

regardless of what is on it,any bret hart dvd is a must buy imo.Releasing a dvd of someone not with the company anymore convinces me we will be seeing a lot more great dvds in the future.

I cannot in good conscience call this the best DVD ever if it doesn't have the WM 10 and 13 matches. Those are disgusting ommissions that simply enrage me. And wrestling never enrages me.

PS. They should put the Hart Foundation/BrainBusters match from SSlam 89.

Amen. Jeez, all of that crap is availible on video already and has been seen countless times. I wouldn't pay $10 for that.

Guest tangerine

Bret flip flops on what his favorite match of all time is all the time

Sometimes he thinks it's WM13, the Ironman wm12 or Wembly Stadium.

The Answer: None of those three are.

Bret/Austin Survivor Series 1996 is better then those three.

Also, It sounds like this will be about 12-15 hours, which spells 3-4 discs.

The only match that has me perplexed is the 1994 Rumble match.

It's not a special match and Bret was in it for 12 minutes, unless it's going to be like Hogan's dvd (from his enterance to finish), i don't see the point.

True but I'd like to see hte whole match just because of that HUGE pop that HBK and Marty Jannetty got when Jannetty ran to ring and they both just started going at it...I remember Vince on commentary just going crazy! It was only like for a minute or less but it is fun to see WWE(F) keepng continuity.

Guest tangerine

well if they do the From Bret's entrance to the finish, then you can get your wish since that spot came AFTER bret's enterance (bret=27 and Marty=29).

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Bret & Owen vs. The Steiners is a great addition.

But I do have problems w/ not having the SSlam 92 vs. DBS, Wrestlemania X vs. Owen, and his first World title win.

Also, why no footage from Stampede? I'm sure they could get their hands on some. Maybe their first tag title win too?

Anyone here seen the post-WrestleMania VII match on Coliseum Video between The Hart Foundation and The Legion of Doom?

LOD goes over, but honestly, I don't remember if it was any good. I was just happy to see such a bout.

I'd include that over say, the KOTR 93 bouts or the 1st HBK ladder match, because it's just as rare as the ladder match, and for the marks, I think less people have seen it than the Michaels bout

The match vs LOD is nothing extraordinary. It's decent match, LOD wins when Animal powerslams Bret after the Anvil tried a Rocket Launcher.

The original Bret vs HBK is pretty good, but may be underwhelming to some people 'cause it has few, if any, highspots and the drama comes from the climbing to get the belt.

I want to see if they put the original Hart/HBK singles match that took place almost exactly 6 years before WM 12 on superstars of wrestling? Does anyone remember that? Anvil and Jannetty interferred for the no contest. Nothing great, but it would tell the story of Bret/HBK's feud history.

Guest Mikey2Dope
But I do have problems w/ not having the SSlam 92 vs. DBS

The Bulldog/Bret match from SumerSlam 92 is listed on there right above the Bulldog/Bret match from IYH 5.

Guest Rrrsh
Simply put the greatest dvd ever, wrestling or otherwise.

Flair and HBK both have better matches.

Guest JMA

That's debatable. Especially with HBK.

Guest JMA
Just don't let Bret pick the matches.

He thinks the Iron Man with HBK was the best match of his career or some nonsense.

Doesn't Shawn also consider that his best match? And what about all the wrestlers who picked that match as the number one WrestleMania match on that special?

Guest Rrrsh

HBK vs Razor, Deisel, Mankind and Taker tops any 4 matches on that Bret DVD.

Those are gimmick matches though. He might be talking about pure pro wrestling.

Guest Rrrsh

If thats the case..fine. But Mankind and Deisel were just no DQ matches, nothing too gimmicky

But whatever the case, Bret will have more matches than Shawn's, but I dont see any four matches that top's Shawns. And I fancy myself as a major Hart fan as his in-ring goes.

The only match I haven't seen is the bout vs. Taker from NEC.

If we get a feature on Bret's career with Bret and a handful of other guys adding their comments ... wow.

Surprised there isn't any Stampede. I'm aware Vince doesn't own the footage (does Bruce?) but I would have thought something would have ended up there. Of course, the only Stampede "footage" on Benoit's DVD came from still photos.

Guest JMA

Those are gimmick matches though. He might be talking about pure pro wrestling.

Exactly. I would consider Bret Hart to be the greatest pure wrestler of the nineties. I'm not saying he was the best all-rounder, just that he was the best in terms of technical wrestling.

Guest JMA

Speaking of Diesel, I always liked his matches with Bret more than his with Shawn. Don't get me wrong, Shawn and Diesel had some very good matches, but I thought Bret's work with him was just a little bit better. As for the HBK/Razor Ladder Match, I would say that the Bret/Austin Submission match could be considered equal or even greater than the aforementioned match.

Bret vs. Owen -- WWF Title/ SummerSlam 1994/cage match

Someone responded:

And speaking of WMX, where's the Owen match?

Leon then posted:

Personally, I believe Owen vs. Bret at Slam 94 is better than the WM X match, anyway...

Which led to a few posters asking:

Um source please?

Leon's your source. He made up the list and I'm shocked this thread lasted 3 pages.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Bret vs. Owen -- WWF Title/ SummerSlam 1994/cage match

Someone responded:

And speaking of WMX, where's the Owen match?

Leon then posted:

Personally, I believe Owen vs. Bret at Slam 94 is better than the WM X match, anyway...

Which led to a few posters asking:

Um source please?

Leon's your source. He made up the list and I'm shocked this thread lasted 3 pages.

You aren't serious, are you?

They were asking for a source in regards to the matches being considered...he said Meltzer stated this, but where? when? how?

Guest wildpegasus
The only match I haven't seen is the bout vs. Taker from NEC.

If we get a feature on Bret's career with Bret and a handful of other guys adding their comments ... wow.

Surprised there isn't any Stampede. I'm aware Vince doesn't own the footage (does Bruce?) but I would have thought something would have ended up there. Of course, the only Stampede "footage" on Benoit's DVD came from still photos.

There was a Dynamite Kid special on the Wrestling Channel lately where they showed a Dynamite vs Bret match from Stampede that's apparently different than the one on Stampede Classics. I have also seen a rare Dynamite vs Hart boxing match listed before.

Guest Ray

If WWE can't get ahold of Stampede matches, they still have a Bret/Dyno match from WWF TV in 1985. :)

Guest krazykat72

That Dynamite/Bret match from the Capital Center in '85 was tons of fun. The first year in for the Bulldogs is great to see the crowd react to them (Dynamite especially).

-Paul Jacobi-