TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Bush still on Drugs?

Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

By TERESA HAMPTON

Editor, Capitol Hill Blue

Jul 28, 2004, 08:09

President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President’s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

“It’s a double-edged sword,” says one aide. “We can’t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.”

Angry Bush walked away from reporter's questions.

Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly-upset Bush stormed off stage on July 8, refusing to answer reporters' questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

“Keep those motherfuckers away from me,” he screamed at an aide backstage. “If you can’t, I’ll find someone who can.”

Bush’s mental stability has become the topic of Washington whispers in recent months. Capitol Hill Blue first reported on June 4 about increasing concern among White House aides over the President’s wide mood swings and obscene outbursts.

Although GOP loyalists dismissed the reports as anti-Bush propaganda, the reports were later confirmed by prominent George Washington University psychiatrist Dr. Justin Frank in his book Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President. Dr. Frank diagnosed the President as a “paranoid meglomaniac” and “untreated alcoholic” whose “lifelong streak of sadism, ranging from childhood pranks (using firecrackers to explode frogs) to insulting journalists, gloating over state executions and pumping his hand gleefully before the bombing of Baghdad” showcase Bush’s instabilities.

“I was really very unsettled by him and I started watching everything he did and reading what he wrote and watching him on videotape. I felt he was disturbed,” Dr. Frank said. “He fits the profile of a former drinker whose alcoholism has been arrested but not treated.”

Dr. Frank’s conclusions have been praised by other prominent psychiatrists, including Dr. James Grotstein, Professor at UCLA Medical Center, and Dr. Irvin Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School.

The doctors also worry about the wisdom of giving powerful anti-depressant drugs to a person with a history of chemical dependency. Bush is an admitted alcoholic, although he never sought treatment in a formal program, and stories about his cocaine use as a younger man haunted his campaigns for Texas governor and his first campaign for President.

“President Bush is an untreated alcoholic with paranoid and megalomaniac tendencies,” Dr. Frank adds.

The White House did not return phone calls seeking comment on this article.

Although the exact drugs Bush takes to control his depression and behavior are not known, White House sources say they are “powerful medications” designed to bring his erratic actions under control. While Col. Tubb regularly releases a synopsis of the President’s annual physical, details of the President’s health and any drugs or treatment he may receive are not public record and are guarded zealously by the secretive cadre of aides that surround the President.

Veteran White House watchers say the ability to control information about Bush’s health, either physical or mental, is similar to Ronald Reagan’s second term when aides managed to conceal the President’s increasing memory lapses that signaled the onslaught of Alzheimer’s Disease.

It also brings back memories of Richard Nixon’s final days when the soon-to-resign President wandered the halls and talked to portraits of former Presidents. The stories didn’t emerge until after Nixon left office.

One long-time GOP political consultant who – for obvious reasons – asked not to be identified said he is advising his Republican Congressional candidates to keep their distance from Bush.

“We have to face the very real possibility that the President of the United States is loony tunes,” he says sadly. “That’s not good for my candidates, it’s not good for the party and it’s certainly not good for the country.”

Guest MikeSC

*Yawn* Man, the standards for proof seems to be more than mildly lacking. This broke, what, 4 days ago on capitolhillblue.com? Notice that nobody else has TOUCHED the story? Not a single OTHER news source has done so. But, hey, only Drudge makes up stuff on the internet. Not capitolhillblue, who has peddled versions of this story for, well, months now.

Oooh, the word of a psychiatrist who attempted to analyze Bush in a book is the basic basis for all of this?

Yeah, OK.

Man, if somebody argued that Bush was actually Hitler's child, there is a group of people who'd believe it.

-=Mike

Christ, people get on Bush for being on an anti-depressant yet these same people would probably defend any questionable decision Kennedy made while he was high as a kite due to medication for his back and his Chron's Disease.

Bush being on an anti-depressant would mean he's much more likely to make well thought-out decisions rather than reactional ones. Considering that a lot of people say he's too reactionary, this would be one way of countering that.

Guest thebigjig

I don't know... if this were real, why hasnt the major media outlets picked it up and made a major story out of it?

I don't know... if this were real, why hasnt the major media outlets picked it up and made a major story out of it?

Or at least the Kerry camp...

Oh, right they want to run a "positive" campaign...

Guest MikeSC

Doesn't the fact that they HAVEN'T answer your question effectively?

-=Mike

...Man, the right is so hateful!!!!

Guest Fire and Knives

Wait, wait. Let's play along for a minute.

Let's assume for just a moment that it's true that the President is on antidepressants.

Like millions of other people.

Who manage to function just fine.

Are we so hard up for criticisms of the President that we're now imposing a bizarre double standard on his behavior?

[This is the space for the Clinton joke that somebody will make now.]

Okay, playtime is over. This 'article' is bogus, poorly-written propaganda. Why would you even look at the damn thing twice, people? I do not like Bush, but damn it, things like this cause me to dislike the rest of the people that don't like Bush. I think I'll just vote for one of my goddamned pets this year.

K.

If I had a job as stressful as being the POTUS, I'd be on anti-depressants too. And as for the paranoid megalomaniac part, well so what what? I read an article somewhere that said most business executives are sociopaths willing to do whatever it takes to reach the top. Why would it be any different for politics. I'd also be paranoid if I opened my browser every day so I could see that I'm compared to Hitler.

Lastly, there's nothing wrong with celebrating after a decisive win over someone like Saddam Hussein.

Damn it, these articles make me defend Bush, don't bring them up again. :D

Guest CronoT

Until we get outside, independent confirmation from another reputable news source, I will consider this complete bullshit.

Next....

-=Mike

Well for all the times you have whined about a liberal media, you'd think they would have covered this tenfold. I also suppose anything you post on CE defaming liberals and the like is utterly useless unless it is front page news on all the networks.

I did kind of feel conflicted about posting this, I questioned the source since I saw the story about three days ago without further elboration, however CE has been quite dead lately, so I decided to go ahead and post it, and instead of any conversation over the issue of the story, it turned into the usual, "OMG I DON'T SEE IT ON FOX NEWS, I SMELL BUUUUUUULLSHIT"

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

Well for all the times you have whined about a liberal media, you'd think they would have covered this tenfold.

They're not Michael Moore. They want to at least maintain SOME semblance of legitimacy.

I also suppose anything you post on CE defaming liberals and the like is utterly useless unless it is front page news on all the networks.

I do that regularly. ALL of the time.

BTW, can I call you the names people call me? I imagine you wouldn't like it, but am I allowed to?

I did kind of feel conflicted about posting this, I questioned the source since I saw the story about three days ago without further elboration, however CE has been quite dead lately, so I decided to go ahead and post it, and instead of any conversation over the issue of the story, it turned into the usual, "OMG I DON'T SEE IT ON FOX NEWS, I SMELL BUUUUUUULLSHIT"

No, it's I DON'T SEE THIS ANYBODY. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Can YOU find corroboration of this story? ANY?

Then DON'T BITCH that this story is getting dismissed as the total fucking bullshit it is.

-=Mike

Then DON'T BITCH that this story is getting dismissed as the total fucking bullshit it is.

-=Mike

Well I thank you Mr. WORLD TRUTH-KNOWING DATABASE. Funny, how anytime you want to dismiss a story you just gleefully label it, "bullshit", "unmitigaed bullshit". "conspiracy" etc.......To say the media reports on everything and anything that could hurt Bush is one hell of a fucking joke. Why on earth is independent news sources any more inaccurate then Fox or NBC? Hell Fox wanted to label a motor home as a WMD Lab, and touted that they were the first on the story, that seems just as suspect as this story, hell I didn't see you bashing Fox as being unmitigated bullshit at the time. When Fox or NBC or ABC etc....break a story, no one rushes to all the other networks to check for sources, so why is it any different for independent media sources? When people bash Drudge it is because he has a well know history of reporting anything and everything that comes across his desk, especially stuff that is selacious in order for a better sell.

-=Mike

Well for all the times you have whined about a liberal media, you'd think they would have covered this tenfold.

They're not Michael Moore. They want to at least maintain SOME semblance of legitimacy.

I also suppose anything you post on CE defaming liberals and the like is utterly useless unless it is front page news on all the networks.

I do that regularly. ALL of the time.

BTW, can I call you the names people call me? I imagine you wouldn't like it, but am I allowed to?

No, it's I DON'T SEE THIS ANYBODY. THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Can YOU find corroboration of this story? ANY?

-=Mike

Yeah, a semblance of legitimacy. THATS what the news media wants??? They want ratings, big ratings to sell ad time for BIG money. That rules everything every news desk runs as a story.

As far as Bush being on something like Zoloft or whatever... so what. Not an issue. If he happens to be struggling with some GUILT burning the back of his mind... let him deal with it in whatever manner seems best. Good for him not keeping it all bottled up.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

JFK had Chron's disease? I didn't know that. Horrible shit, that disease is.

Yeah. It's really surprising what sort of health conditions the President's have had while in office that the public had no idea about...

Guest MikeSC

JFK had TONS of health problems. Nobody knew until many years later the litany of health problems that the man had.

Well I thank you Mr. WORLD TRUTH-KNOWING DATABASE.

You need the enlightenment.

Funny, how anytime you want to dismiss a story you just gleefully label it, "bullshit", "unmitigaed bullshit". "conspiracy" etc

Seeing as how so many on the left embrace unmitigated bullshit, it is something that gets mentioned more than a few times.

To say the media reports on everything and anything that could hurt Bush is one hell of a fucking joke.

To say that they'll ignore it is friggin' insane. God knows they showed a willingness to portray BS stories as real, such as "Did Bush go AWOL?"

Why on earth is independent news sources any more inaccurate then Fox or NBC?

Hmm, a story with no named sources. A story where nobody has mentioned anything close to this. Now, capitolhillblue.com MIGHT be the epitome of investigative journalism and the greatest reporting site out there --- but it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Hell Fox wanted to label a motor home as a WMD Lab, and touted that they were the first on the story, that seems just as suspect as this story, hell I didn't see you bashing Fox as being unmitigated bullshit at the time.

No, but YOU do regularly.

When Fox or NBC or ABC etc....break a story, no one rushes to all the other networks to check for sources, so why is it any different for independent media sources?

Umm, it's a FUCKING INTERNET SITE. Reporting a story with "Anonymous" sources and a doctor who analyzed Bush without ever speaking to him.

Yeah, THAT'S solid reporting right there.

When people bash Drudge it is because he has a well know history of reporting anything and everything that comes across his desk, especially stuff that is selacious in order for a better sell

Drudge is accurate more than almost all other internet sites. This site can only PRAY to be that accurate.

If this story was true, then Mike would have to tell Bush to get the fuck over it or swallow the 12 guage already.

I don't think we need to see that. Furthermore, I don't feel like googling it up, what is Chron's disease?

If Bush bitched about it incessantly like some have, then yes, I'd tell him to go ahead and swallow some lead.

As for Crohn's, http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/

He also had some problem with his adrenal glands, if memory serves.

-=Mike

QUOTE]

To say that they'll ignore it is friggin' insane. God knows they showed a willingness to portray BS stories as real, such as "Did Bush go AWOL?"

I missed the part where that was proven as a fact that the story was BS. More like a few documents released, heavily edited and/or blacked out, followed by a coincidental destruction of a document that could answer the question once and for all.......but I guess a dental record puts it all to bed!?!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Chron's Colitis is some really pitiful shit. I've watched a friend waste from 280 lbs, down to less than half that, and every day is a gut-wrenching shitblood misery. poor guy. He's said on many an occassion that he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy.

Guest MikeSC
QUOTE]

I missed the part where that was proven as a fact that the story was BS. More like a few documents released, heavily edited and/or blacked out, followed by a coincidental destruction of a document that could answer the question once and for all.......but I guess a dental record puts it all to bed!?!

Yeah, Bush went AWOL AFTER 4 years of intensive fighter pilot training. Yup, makes PERFECT sense. Man, who WOULDN'T think that? Sure, he was paid for the time. Sure, he was honoroable discharged. Sure, nobody has ever said he went AWOL outside of that long-term military expert, Terry McAuliffe. Sure, there is no, you know, ACTUAL evidence behind the smear and slander.

-=Mike

QUOTE]

Yeah, Bush went AWOL AFTER 4 years of intensive fighter pilot training. Yup, makes PERFECT sense. Man, who WOULDN'T think that? Sure, he was paid for the time. Sure, he was honoroable discharged. Sure, nobody has ever said he went AWOL outside of that long-term military expert, Terry McAuliffe. Sure, there is no, you know, ACTUAL evidence behind the smear and slander.

-=Mike

well at least YOUR opinion is backed it up with some facts and figures!?!... ;)

Guest MikeSC
Chron's Colitis is some really pitiful shit. I've watched a friend waste from 280 lbs, down to less than half that, and every day is a gut-wrenching shitblood misery. poor guy. He's said on many an occassion that he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy.

Well, for MORE, he ALSO had Addison's Disease, which is not a good thing, either.

Honestly, if people knew of his medical conditions, there is a good chance JFK would not have won in 1960.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
QUOTE]

-=Mike

Yeah, 4 years of intensive service is nothing.

To give you a hint, Mike, the person who MAKES THE CHARGE has the responsibility of actually PROVING it.

-=Mike

...But, as long as its anti-Bush, slandering him is good...

QUOTE]

-=Mike

Yeah, 4 years of intensive service is nothing.

To give you a hint, Mike, the person who MAKES THE CHARGE has the responsibility of actually PROVING it.

-=Mike

...But, as long as its anti-Bush, slandering him is good...

4 years of intensive training flying obsolete aircraft over Texas?

Guest MikeSC

4 years flying what he was told to fly for a Nat'l Guard group that had regularly been deployed to Vietnam at that point. By the time he was trained, the craft was merged out of major usage by the military.

That's Bush's fault how?

You don't see ME going on about the questionable Purple Hearts Kerry received, do you?

-=Mik

4 years flying what he was told to fly for a Nat'l Guard group that had regularly been deployed to Vietnam at that point. By the time he was trained, the craft was merged out of major usage by the military.

That's Bush's fault how?

You don't see ME going on about the questionable Purple Hearts Kerry received, do you?

-=Mik

not in this thread.....and to suggest Bush had any chance of going to Vietnam is a joke in itself.

Guest MikeSC

That's Bush's fault how?

-=Mik

not in this thread.....and to suggest Bush had any chance of going to Vietnam is a joke in itself.

Why, because YOU think it's ridiculous?

-=Mike

That's Bush's fault how?

-=Mik

Why, because YOU think it's ridiculous?

-=Mike

Yes, Indeedy. I was thinking more along the lines of "preposterous" but ridiculous will do.... :)

Guest MikeSC
Yes, Indeedy. I was thinking more along the lines of "preposterous" but ridiculous will do.... :)

No more ridiculous than some of Kerry's Purple Hearts.

-=Mike

Yes, Indeedy.  I was thinking more along the lines of "preposterous" but ridiculous will do.... :)

No more ridiculous than some of Kerry's Purple Hearts.

-=Mike

I don't disagree...