TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The Regal-HHH segments

Guest Anglesault

Yes, I'm praising something the WWE has done.

I really though the opening interview (Especially the touch that Regal didn't come out to goofy music) was really, really well done. if that had been the only interaction, that along with their fight a couple weeks ago would be an A+.

But then they did the match, with Regal mugging HHH from behind.

Well, actually, before I go further, I want to say, that, thanks to TiVo, I saw the end result first and then went back to see the match. So I actually knew how it ended.

Anyway, Regal mugging HHH and beating the crap put of him until HHH uses the knucks in desperation and then just flat out snaps even when he's getting the sledge, smashing it against the steps as he goes to continue the assault.

But the key moment, in this, IMO, was when Regal low blowed HHH and they had the slow race for the hammer and knucks. I knew how this was going to end, and I knew who was gonna win that little race, and I STILL found myself rooting Regal on. Those guys drew me in that much. And then the last bit, with HHH standing over Regal on the stretcher, both men just radiating hate.

Damn near perfect.

Quality stuff. It was a great privelage to be on vacation in DC 2 weeks ago and be part of a Regal chant (which I later found out made it to TV). Prior to that, it didn't seems the fans were taking very well to good guy Regal.

Guest wildpegasus

The biggest problem with the segment was that theoretically Regal should be dead. You don't take sledgehammer shots to the head and live to tell about it.

Actually if I had to have one complaint, it's that at no point did King or JR bother to make a comment about Regal's familiarity with brass knuckles. It's mostly insignificant to the overall segment, but small things like that irk me at times.

Guest Anglesault
The biggest problem with the segment was that theoretically Regal should be dead. You don't take sledgehammer shots to the head and live to tell about it.

Alot of head shots with weapons in wrestling should kill. I just accept that these people have concrete heads.

Guest GreatOne

Well they did refer to Regal and HHH's 'The Almost Bluebloods' run in WCW, so not all was lost.

And Russo ruined it for everyone when HHH "killed" Rock w the sledge while he was stuck in the casket two weeks before That Pay Per View anyway.......

Guest wildpegasus

Alot of head shots with weapons in wrestling should kill. I just accept that these people have concrete heads.

That's true but it's a sledgehammer or as I like to call it a maul. A maul just goes way over the believability line for me.

Guest Dazed

Regal's flipping out in the opening segment was awesomely built up, and the whole thing couldn't have been booked any better, with one exception. I wish they hadn't promised a match between them.

untitled115.jpg

Guest Anglesault

That's true but it's a sledgehammer or as I like to call it a maul. A maul just goes way over the believability line for me.

You kind of have to consider that he does cover the hammer with his hand a bit.

And actually, if you've ever picked up a sledge and just playfully pretended to hit someone /something, the way he holds it (one hand over the hammer) feel the most natural when trying to aim at something.

Guest TigerDriver91

Regal's mic work at the beginning of the night was awesome.

:headbang:

Guest Anglesault
One thing-Regal HAS to lose the jobber-style tights.

What type of ring attire would you suggest he get then?

British Bulldog's "British Luger" style tights?

What's wrong with what he had before this?

And Russo ruined it for everyone when HHH "killed" Rock w the sledge while he was stuck in the casket two weeks before That Pay Per View anyway.......

I'd say HHH swinging it like a baseball bat and hitting Big Show IN THE HEAD to help Rock + Sock win a Buried Alive match back in 99 did it, IMO.

Um...what he's wearing now basically IS what he wore before...

He just added a top to them.

Actually if I had to have one complaint, it's that at no point did King or JR bother to make a comment about Regal's familiarity with brass knuckles. It's mostly insignificant to the overall segment, but small things like that irk me at times.

I kinda liked that they didn't mention it. If you got it- it was a nice reference to Regal's heel run. If you didn't I don't think it hurt the angle one bit.

Regal's promo where he pretty much admitted to being a major asshole but even he thinks picking on a retard is low was just awesome.

I love how Regal was still seething and wanting to kill HHH while lying strapped on a stretcher

And I don't like it. I'd rather Regal just wear his regular blue tights.

Guest Anglesault

And it looks ridiculous. It just screams Velocity Jobber at me.

Guest wildpegasus

You kind of have to consider that he does cover the hammer with his hand a bit.

And actually, if you've ever picked up a sledge and just playfully pretended to hit someone /something, the way he holds it (one hand over the hammer) feel the most natural when trying to aim at something.

But were not supposed to know he's covering his hand. That's a wrestling "secret".

Perhaps for cerain people but it doesn't feel natural to me. It feels awkard. I've picked up a sledgehammer easily over 10,000 times and have seen several other people do it for the first time. It never occured to me to hold it the way HHH does. Not once. Nobody uses it that way which gets me to the point of how HHH often uses the sledgehammer completely wrong. Maybe if you were running at something you'd use it the way HHH does but it's stupid to run with a maul positioned in the battering ram posistion in the first place. If you want -- Eh, I'm getting off topic here. HHH should get a bigger maul by the way. You can get a lot more force with a heavier maul.

Guest wildpegasus
Wrestling's fake. That's why Regal isn't dead from the sledgehammer shots.

Thank you. I can go to sleep now having figured it out.

Guest Anglesault
Perhaps for cerain people but it doesn't feel natural to me. It feels awkard. I've picked up a sledgehammer easily over 10,000 times and have seen several other people do it for the first time. It never occured to me to hold it the way HHH does. Not once.

Well, if you intend to swing wildly with all your might, of course you wouldn't cover it with your hand. If you wanted to focus at something specific, you probably would (and then let go just as it hits the wall) It adds more stablility then just swinging it like a bat or axe.

I also loved the part where Regal grabbed the knucks and yelled "Come on!" B-)

Guest wildpegasus

Perhaps for cerain people but it doesn't feel natural to me. It feels awkard. I've picked up a sledgehammer easily over 10,000 times  and have seen several other people do it for the first time. It never occured to me to hold it the way HHH does. Not once.

Well, if you intend to swing wildly with all your might, of course you wouldn't cover it with your hand. If you wanted to focus at something specific, you probably would (and then let go just as it hits the wall) It adds more stablility then just swinging it like a bat or axe.

What do you mean by stability? Did you mean to say accuracy?

Guest Anglesault

Perhaps for cerain people but it doesn't feel natural to me. It feels awkard. I've picked up a sledgehammer easily over 10,000 times  and have seen several other people do it for the first time. It never occured to me to hold it the way HHH does. Not once.

What do you mean by stability? Did you mean to say accuracy?

Accuracy and also the proper level of force.