TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Alien vs. Predator

I think that this movie is going to suck hard, but I'll see it anyway so I can pass proper judgement on it.

Check out this link for a minute long fight scene between the two.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trail...8496111&intl=us

Something about that small clip just rubs me the wrong way, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Previews seem to indicate the makers are clueless about how the Predators actually feel towards humans...

Special effects seem to be emphasized...

The director, Paul W. S. Anderson, is a competent director but lacks vision, so most of his films are hackish, cheap cash-ins. He seems to put on projects since he writes and directs, plus seems to be able to keep all his films under budget...

It's in the friggin' Antarctic...

I never heard of anyone in the movie...

Nope, doesn't look good. Maybe not all that bad, but not good.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I think they are hoping people react to this the way they did Freddy Vs. Jason.

I don't feel the same for this movie that I did for F Vs. J, maybe because I was always a fan of Friday The 13th/Nightmare On Elm Street movies. I didn't care for either Alien, Predator, and it's sequels.

F vs. J did a much better of bringing the two together, and staying more true to the original material. I can pretty much sense that already.

From superherohype.com

In addition to the "based on characters created by" credit Alien creators Ronald Shusett and Dan O'Bannon will receive on "AVP" alongside Predator creators Jim and John Thomas,Shusett and O'Bannon will also share a "story by" credit with Paul W.S. Anderson. This is because Anderson apparently copied and pasted 40 pages of unfilmed material from the original Alien's screenplay into the new "AVP" movie.

So, in addition to the respective franchises' "based on chracters created by" credits, the new "AVP" film's credits will read "story by" Anderson, Shusett, and O'Bannon...Written and Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Guest JMA

I'm going to see it, but I am a bit irked that the movie is only PG-13. ANY movie featuring either the Predator(s) or Alien(s) should be rated R.

Holy shit, it is only PG-13? There goes my interest.

That's like putting Martin Lawrence in a PG-13 flick

Or making a sequel to Major League PG

Wait a minute............

The "unfilmed" part could be both good and bad. I find that part hilarious, though.

Anyway, I'll be seeing it with a fellow A/P fan with free passes. I'm fully expecting Anderson to Van Helsing this biznitch, but at least I won't be out any money.

As for the rating, that could also mean that only non-humans are gutted and violently murdered. Ratings are kinda loose in regards to non-humans a lot of times.

I'm almost positive they'll lift at least one thing from the Alien and Predator movies: huge explosion at the end. :)

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
There is a reason they didn't make Freddy vs. Jason PG-13. I predict this to bomb and bomb thoroughly.

Agreed.

Even though i don't have very high hopes for the film i'll probably go and see it if i have nothing better to do, i'm a fan of the majority of the Alien and Predator movies so i'll give it a chance. Hopefully seeing it with zero expectations won't leave me disappointed.

From the looks of the production notes on the site, it sounds like it'll be a blast to see. I'm definitely not holding out for sci-fi action movie of the year or anything. I'm going in looking for Aliens killing Predators and vice-versa. I'll probably be happy.

Oh, all that and BISHOP~! :P

I've been waiting to see this happen almost as long as Freddy Vs. Jason. After all the comics, all the novels, all the video games, all the action figures, the movie finally comes! :D

Paul Anderson needs to be hurt.

PG-13 for AN ALIEN FILM??!?!

Paul W.S. Anderson.

Don't be confusing him with PTA now. :P

PG-13 for slime and gore...heavy on the slime?

Guest Vitamin X
Previews seem to indicate the makers are clueless about how the Predators actually feel towards humans...

Care to expand on this?

Guest JMA

Care to expand on this?

If I recall, the Predators only target strong humans. I believe some Predators have even formed alliances with humans in the past.

Care to expand on this?

If I recall, the Predators only target strong humans. I believe some Predators have even formed alliances with humans in the past.

I thought they only killed people that were armed.

As evidenced in Predator 2 where he almost kills the kid until he realizes the gun isn't real.

Ummm hello everyone?

These aren't the Predators that Arnold or Danny Glover faced.

The reason these Predators wouldn't act like the normal ones we have seen is because basically these are the "teenager" ones. They have yet to prove themselves and they are down on Earth in the hive to do so.

They are going to be brass, cocky, basically out of control with their only goal to prove themselves in battle: human or no humans.

If the humans are armed and in the way, then they must die. That is basically it.

This one was pretty simple to explain and I like where they are going with that. I'm still unsure since his movies are usually hit or miss by miles.

Care to expand on this?

"Whoever wins...we lose..."

The Predators don't actually have designs on killing all the humans on earth, or taking over the planet, or anything like that.

Their goals aren't conquest, but simply to hunt down, kill, and collect trophies of their prey.

If the Predators win, we win. Maybe a few unlucky humans, if they get in the way of the Predators, could be in trouble. Maybe they'll make a few quick stops to take on some earth fighters who they'd think would make good trophies. However, the Predators don't really want to get rid of us all or control our world.

The reason these Predators wouldn't act like the normal ones we have seen is because basically these are the "teenager" ones. They have yet to prove themselves and they are down on Earth in the hive to do so.

They are going to be brass, cocky, basically out of control with their only goal to prove themselves in battle: human or no humans.

Precisely--so why play it up as if they may ultimately want to conquer us?

I thought they only killed people that were armed.

As evidenced in Predator 2 where he almost kills the kid until he realizes the gun isn't real.

and that chick in Predator who was about to arm herself.

I think it is either strong humans or anyone armed. Remember that Arnie fought that one Predator hand-to-(clawed) hand, so it obviously isn't just those armed. Perhaps some one who read the comics could give a more precise outline of the Predator rules of conduct, although that doesn't mean they're all going to follow them to a T.

Precisely--so why play it up as if they may ultimately want to conquer us?

Because simply put, we ARE next in line.

Think about it, the Aliens are the ultimate test because of their numbers. If they eliminate all the Aliens, then what species would be the next logical test for them? A well armed, intelligient human race that works very much like the Aliens.

Not to mention, Earth has been the proving grounds already apparently according to the story and the only thing keeping humans from being the hunted IS the Aliens on the planet. So either, humans become hosts to the Aliens or humans become the next thing to be used as a test for the young predators.

So pretty much, whoever wins then we lose.

The Predators would just take longer to kill us all while the Aliens wouldn't take as much time.

Good god, theyve gone for Freddy vs Jason syndrome, 1 hour of annoying human beings that no one gives a fuck about, and 20 minutes of what we paid our fucking ticket money for, Aliens beating the shit out of Predators, WHEN WILL THEY FUCKING LEARN!

and the part in Predator 1 when he saw that Arnold didn't have any weapons so he took his mask thing off to fight him one on one

To me, the thing that made the first thing great about Predator 1, when I first saw it(God, I feel old now), was the fact that you didnt have one fucking clue what he looked like, only glimpses until the very end of the film when Arnie had to resort to primitive methods, AVP will fail because the mystique of the Predator has gone, and all you have for a movie is lots of nice CGI which is cool to look at, but ultimatly soulless, this will be a throwaway movie, and not what it could be which is a total shame.

Pitches for scripts that have been passed around for 10 years, like FvsJ and this movie, must suck.

FvsJ was on the level of a horrible piece of internet fan fiction inexplicably granted a theatrical release, and this will probably be the same.