47t. South Carolina

49t. Arkansas

49t. Texas A&M

51. Bowling Green

52t. Connecticut

52t. North Texas

52t. Notre Dame

52t. Penn State

I'm going to grad school at the University of Oregon this year and I look forward to taking in the college football experience. I'm hoping to attend at least one home game this year, anyone got a recommendation from among these games:

Idaho, September 25th

Arizona St. October 2nd

Arizona, October 16th (homecoming game)

UCLA, November 13th

Go see em play ASU. It should be the best of those games and its early enough to not get rained on too much.

Hmm.....I read that last year was the first time EVER that a team was #1 in all pre-season polls(OU). So does USC get to be the second team to do that?

Oklahoma/USC Orange Bowl. Here we go. Hopefully.

Guest Rrrsh

I think Oregon will crack the Top 10 sooner than later.

PAC 10 is underrated tho, so they prolly won't get there just respect.

Well I see one sure loss on Oregon's schedule.....

Man it's weird not seeing Penn State,Nebraska,or Notre Dame in the top 25 to start out the season

Funny you should mention that... I'm fairly certain that I heard that this is the first time since 1964 that all three of those teams weren't in the preseason Top 25.

For the record, I think preseason football rankings are a joke, topped only by preseason awards (Pre-Season All-American = Winner of popularity contest). They are pure speculation and hype.

There's a reason the BCS rankings don't come out until midway through the season. The travesty is that the BCS is formulated through polls like this that start in the preseason.

Guest Rrrsh

Its not as sure as you may think.

Once again Wisconsin is undeservedly ranked. They've lost 12 conference games the last 3 years. When are the so called experts going to figure Wisconsin isn't that good anymore?

Oh, the Gophers should be higher. One of the best OL's, and best running games, with a improved defense. This might be the best team in over 35 years. They're certainly better than Wisconsin and Purdue.

I thought the same thing last season, and my Wolverines lost their undefeated record and chance at the national championship. Don't count chickens before they hatch, especially against teams that have been spoilers in the past.

Oregon has fared quite well as the underdog against non-confernce opponents in recent years. Beat Texas in 00', Colorado in 01' and Michigan last year. I dont think any of those teams were as good as OU is this year, but I still think there is a decent chance at an upset.

Oregon has fared quite well as the underdog against non-confernce opponents in recent years. Beat Texas in 00', Colorado in 01' and Michigan last year. I dont think any of those teams were as good as OU is this year, but I still think there is a decent chance at an upset.

Well I'll be at that game front and center to see it all go down.

Guest GreatOne

October 9? :D

Better yet, put em on SI that week :headbang:

October 9? :D

Better yet, put em on SI that week :headbang:

Nah.....September 18th!

Guest GreatOne

Damn you Ducks! I'm sure they were content with whooping Bowling Green or whoever's candy ass (was originally there) now you have to give the Pac 10 a loss?

Although I did think the same about SC with Auburn last year, but has OU even lost at home since Stoops has been there?

Damn you Ducks! I'm sure they were content with whooping Bowling Green or whoever's candy ass (was originally there) now you have to give the Pac 10 a loss?

Although I did think the same about SC with Auburn last year, but has OU even lost at home since Stoops has been there?

Twice. To Nebraska and OSU in 01' I believe.

Stoops 5 year record at OU is 55-11 with one national title, two conference titles, and 3 bowl wins.

Oh and the non-conference schedule is Bowling Green, Houston, and Oregon.

Guest GreatOne

Oh yeah I remember, watching with a 'Hook Em Horns' gang so that they could masturbate all night that Texas went to the Big XII title game and do what they always do in a big game, lose (although I rather enjoyed their doing so last Dec. 30 :D )

But the NU game was in Lincoln, unless you're talkin about a game in 99 or somethin

Once again Wisconsin is undeservedly ranked. They've lost 12 conference games the last 3 years. When are the so called experts going to figure Wisconsin isn't that good anymore?

They do have their entire offensive line and Anthony Davis back so no surprise they are ranked. I think Wisconsin's struggles the last few years have to be on the coaching staff as they seem to always drop a couple of games to inferior opponents yet then they still seem to pull off one huge win every year. They aren't going anywhere out of the rankings anytime soon either as they should coast to a 5-0 start until they meet Ohio State in October.

Oh yeah I remember, watching with a 'Hook Em Horns' gang so that they could masturbate all night that Texas went to the Big XII title game and do what they always do in a big game, lose (although I rather enjoyed their doing so last Dec. 30 :D )

But the NU game was in Lincoln, unless you're talkin about a game in 99 or somethin

It was in 99 then.

They do have their entire offensive line and Anthony Davis back so no surprise they are ranked. I think Wisconsin's struggles the last few years have to be on the coaching staff as they seem to always drop a couple of games to inferior opponents yet then they still seem to pull off one huge win every year. They aren't going anywhere out of the rankings anytime soon either as they should coast to a 5-0 start until they meet Ohio State in October.

What will make this year any different? The O-Line was intact last season, and Davis was healthy when they lost at home to UNLV.

As a Florida State fan, all I can think is which version of Chris Rix will show up from game to game. The guy could be in the running for the Heisman if his head would stay on straight.

Just figure the bad Rix will show up the opener against Miami.

I know it's only 1 vote, but why did anyone vote for Penn St. and Texas A&M.

Because they got drunk and thought it was 1997 again?

I'm going to be seriously pulling for Northen Illinois this year, as well as North Texas. Well, I'm going to be going to North Texas in a few months if all goes as planned, and I root for Northern Ill. since my family lives in DeKalb...nice campus, good college town, and the team just feels right or something.

Anyways, those are my teams to watch. Too bad a QB from UNT died in a car crash...sad.

Man I can't wait.........two more weeks from Saturday and I'll be sitting there in the stands going nuts for OU taking on Bowling Green!

God this is going to rule......