TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Man of Mystery

Sports that should be part of the Olympics

I'm amazaed this hasn't been done yet(at least, it wasn't on the first two pages of the forum), but what sports do you feel should be part of the Olmp[ics. I feel that there shoudl be a Mixed Martial Arts competition. It's the closest thing there is to the ancient combat event, and you could do it in the boxing ring ala PRIDE. I really don't think it would matter if it were summer or winter, but I think boxing is only summer, so it would make sense to have it then. What do you think, and what else should be part of the Olympics?

Football........I want to see if America dominates.......although I don't think any other countries play football like we do. Can you imagine the chinese football team?

"And the Chinese offensive line is overpowered again!"

I demand that they include some form of MMA.

If you can get an Olympic medal for WALKING, you should be able to get one for being able to beat the piss out of everyone you see.

Though, wasn't there some discussion about MMA being included a little while ago? I had heard they hit a snag on certain rules, like the fact that you can strike a downed opponent - I heard the Olympic Committee did NOT like that one.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I had heard they hit a snag on certain rules, like the fact that you can strike a downed opponent - I heard the Olympic Committee did NOT like that one.

I was watching boxing the other day.

No body shots. WTF?

All the lanky guys win because they can just duck and weave.

I was appalled.

Football........I want to see if America dominates.......although I don't think any other countries play football like we do. Can you imagine the chinese football team?

And in 20 years the other countries catch up and we get killed by Cuba.

I'd like to see Rugby since it is the closest thing to football.

Yes, I think AFL (Australian Football League) should be made an Olympic event. I do not care that no other country in the world plays it, my country is the only country that I think about and thus I think it should be included.

I agree with rugby and golf deserving to be brought back. And maybe cricket too.

Guest Evolution
No body shots.

So...it's only legal to punch the other guy in the head?

Isn't that MORE dangerous?

It's not illegal to go to the body.

It's just that you only get points for hitting your opponent in the head.

pro wrestling

Give a team of two 20 minutes to have the best match possible.........the Japanese and Canadian team would dominate.....

I did an essay in my OAC Creative Writing class about that, basically comparing it to Figure skating with judges and what not. I got a pretty good mark, but the teacher told me never to hand anything about wrestling again.