TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Guest Fishyswa

I can't see them killing Sawyer. If he get's back to Jack, especially with the supplies in the hatch, he's fine. Besides, he's the resident bad-ass, you can't kill the resident bad-ass.

Sawyer dying would be idiotic.  If that's an actual spoiler you forgot to tag, I'm going to digitally kick you in the nuts about 8 times.

If it is, it's news to me. I avoid spoilers like the plague.

But I do agree, Sawyer dying would be idiotic. Just saying, though, if he were to die, it'd be cooler if he and Kate never saw each other again before it happened.

I really hope he doesn't die though.

If any of the cast were to off themselves on the show then Shannon would be the frontrunner.

I could see it being one of the tail section group, specifically Bernard. That storyline between him and Rose is almost too good to be true which is why I think he'll kick it before he meets back up with his wife.

If any of the cast were to off themselves on the show then Shannon would be the frontrunner.

I could see it being one of the tail section group, specifically Bernard. That storyline between him and Rose is almost too good to be true which is why I think he'll kick it before he meets back up with his wife.

In 1 of those TV Guide interviews, they hinted strongly at Rose & Bernard meeting up again.

Guest wood

i vote for the herion addict having an overdose and dying in front of his little blonde honey.

And question, why hasn't anyone killed themselves yet?  You would think such a tragic event like this, with there seemingly being no hope of rescue, and whathaveyou, that at least one person would go off the deep end and kill themselves.

Just something I was thinking.  Just seems a bit odd that no one has.

I'd be more likely to kill and eat a fellow castaway than I'd be to kill myself. Things would have to be wicked bad-off for me to kill myself, and seeing as they've had food, shelter, etc since pretty much day one, I think I'd have been able to avoid offing myself.

I simply can't see Sawyer dying anytime soon because he's basically been set up as the dual male lead. I mean, Boone was, all things considered, probably the lowest male character on the "importance" totem pole. He was moving up when he started being Locke Junior, but was still way down there. Sawyer's got too many complex relationships with everyone on the island (and, really, is too much money in the bank for the people actually making the show) to just slice it off there. But I agree that Bernard buying it would be a minor gut-punch storywise and a good way to lure people in with hype without having to actually drop any of the moneymaking cast members.

Admittedly, one thing about having the show really only focused on a few characters so far this season is that it's tough to tell who'd get axed. But, I pretty much hate "on the next episode, someone dies!" marketing, so I think I'll quit speculating here and just ride it out.

I say get rid of Sun.

We know everything we'd possibly need to know about her story, and her character arc is pretty much complete.

Besides, if I have to sit through another one of her and Jin's boring flashbacks, I might off myself.

Ah, NO WAY.

One of the things I'm looking forward to most is Jin and Sun's reunion. I love their backstory. The end of ...and found and their scene in Exodus 1 were both amazing scenes and they do have chemistry - unlike Kate and Jack.

I've held off from saying this for a while, because I didn't want to be a killjoy, but enjoy the good LOST while it lasts. There's no possible plot revelation that will be satisfactory, plot threads are going to be dropped like a motherfucker, and there's going to be a huge deus ex machina to try to explain it all. The writers don't fucking know what's going on, and it's all going to be for naught. I went through this with JJ Abrams' other show, Alias, and they set up a lot less than LOST did. It's all good now, because the characters are still written well, but you can see the cracks. Soon they'll be acting wildly out of character to further the machinations of the plot, and we're already starting to retread shit like Charlie's heroine addiction. (isn't it so much fun to watch?) without any advancement.

Well, Evangaline Lilly's still attractive.

Guest Fishyswa

^Doesn't seem too likely considering the entire story was laid out start to end, and all they have to do now is develope characters enough to fill the gaps. Remember, if the show got bad ratings, we would probably already know what everything means.

Soon they'll be acting wildly out of character to further the machinations of the plot, and we're already starting to retread shit like Charlie's heroine addiction. (isn't it so much fun to watch?) without any advancement.

Well, Evangaline Lilly's still attractive.

Yeah, because it's MUCH more believable to have a guy quit heroin like ~that~.

(with ~that~ == someone snapping their fingers).

Guest Fishyswa

Entirely possible considering the circumstances. Rehab' is ten times easier after you've been removed from your routine, crashing on a mysterious island is about as removed as you can get.

^I'll believe it when I see it. It'll probably be something like "they're in purgatory" which will just explain away every little plot contrivance. Don't get me wrong, I still really like LOST. The episode-to-episode writing is fine, it's beautifully shot, and I like the acting. It's just, Alias left a really bad taste in my mouth, and this show is heaping on 5 times the mysteries that one did.

EDIT: Of course it's more realistic that Charlie gets back on the junk, it's also (to me) fucking boring and frustrating, since that arc has already been dealt with, dramtically. It means, to me, they've already totally run out of ideas for his character.

Guest Fishyswa

^He's a heroin addict though, that's a life long thing, so to revisit it at any time isn't really rehashing or over-doing.

And remember, it's a three step process, establish characters, set up situations, re-affirm characters as they go through the situations. Gotta remember it's intended to be and is a character driven show.

K, I recognize that you got burnt by Alias ... but that's no reason to be so doom-n-gloom about LOST. Let's let the show get piss-poor before we start talking about how it is piss-poor.

Next person who throws down the purgatory theory should be banned from this thread. IT HAS BEEN SHOT DOWN NUMEROUS TIMES BY THE WRITERS, PRODUCERS AND ACTORS.

A-fucking-greed.

I love watching Lost, but it is going to kill me not knowing what all the answers are for three more seasons or so, maybe longer. You know that with killer ratings like it has, the network will want this drawn out for as long as they can milk it. This season's ratings are even higher than last year's, and when they start focusing on the hatch, the Others, and someone is killed here and there, I expect the ratings to go even higher.

There are new people getting turned on to Lost every week!

K, I recognize that you got burnt by Alias ... but that's no reason to be so doom-n-gloom about LOST. Let's let the show get piss-poor before we start talking about how it is piss-poor.

Yeah, I agree. I do enjoy the show, and am enjoying it at its pace right now, it's just a thought I have in the back of my head when I watch it. The show doesn't suck, and I don't mean to imply it did.

I'm pretty sure they're not in purgatory either, it's just the first deus ex machina that came to my mind. (Psst: JJ Abrams stated incessantly in interviews that Lauren on Alias wouldn't be evil. Guess what? She was, just like everyone thought.)

The only show that has been as mysterious and densely plotted as LOST was Twin Peaks (also a huge hit at first) and it quickly went to shit under the weight of its own contrivances.

Everyone that I know who watches Lost and remembers Twin Peaks all say the same thing...

Lost seems just like Twin Peaks in terms of how the show is crafted, and they all said that Twin Peaks couldn't answer any of its questions and destroyed everything they had built up.

Hopefully Lost doesn't end up like Twin Peaks.

On Sawyer dying, I agree they have to much going for him, especially backstory (or did they show why he was in the police station when Boone was there?) Either way I think if Sawyer ever did die on the series, it would be saving somebody else, which is a contradiction to how most people on the island see him as someone who only cares for himself.

Bernard dying would be a real punch to the gut as well as Everybody Hates Hugo ended, but I guess it could happen.

I would probably have to think Shannon is the frontrunner too, for the fact that she has seen Walt maybe alludes to the fact she may the first person coming down with "the sickness". If that's real like Desmond said it was.

Guest Starks

JJ Abrams was heavily involved with the first two seasons of Alias (while it was still good), but was used as little more then the rubber stamp to get LOST off the ground. Sure he directed the pilot and helped cast and flesh out the concept, but he's been too busy with movie committments to contribute to LOST on a regular basis. Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse and Javier Grillo-Marxuach are the show runners, and should bare the brunt of the blame if the show goes rotten. Lindelof stated in an interview the he sat down with JJ Abrams a few months ago and told him what they had plotted out for the season. IMO what they really need is one guy to step foward, stop writting scripts from scratch and oversee the whole production, doing passes on the scripts before they are finalized to keep the narrative of the story on track, like Rob Thomas on Veronica Mars or Ronald D. Moore with Carnivale Season 1 and BattleStar Gallactica.

Now that we have 5 new characters from tail section of the plane it will hopefully freshen up the flash-back structure of the show, otherwise it should be dropped unless it services the story. Without the forward thrust of the island plot, there can be no character development. The writers need to create a richer island plot, with enough plot arcs for an ensemble cast, that fully involves all the characters and gives every character a chance to strut his/her stuff. I cannot wait to see the episode which shows how the 23 survivors from the tail were whittled down to 5.

As for the latest episode, "...and Found" (Jin&Sun III) It would probably be one of the bottom 5 episodes IMO. The flashback was a complete waste of time and the c-grade Sun losing her wedding ring plot was just as bad. The only things that I thought worked were anything to do with Mr. Echo (Adabesi does indeed rule), and the brief glimmer of "The Others".

Good to see another character return from the first few episodes of season 1 though, and an Aussie hotty at that! (mmmm Kimberley Joseph) The show needs more Australian characters as the plane did depart from Sydney. Hopefully she will expose the fact that Charlie is a drug addict to the general population of the island when the two groups finally meet up.

Ugh, I recently read a report about how the show is planned to end. Don't read if you don't want the entire series to possibly be spoiled and ruined:

It's just another one of Bob Hartley's dreams.

Sign in to follow this