TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

A change in forum policy

That's stupid. The NHL thread last year was pretty much just a bunch of hockey fans talking hockey for the whole season.

Not this season, or whatever you want to call this upcoming work stoppage... :)

Simple solution ... change it to a generic hockey thread, rather than NHL specific. I'd have no problem talking NCAA, major junior, AHL, WHA, Euro, etc. news, with occasional "there is no update on the lockout front" updates.

My opinion on the two sports I care about most

Baseball reg season threads are fine as is

Baseball postseason threads should be by round (DS, LCS, WS)

Football should be by week (it was fine last year, IMO) and playoffs by round as well

I've gotten complaints that the NFL threads last season were too large, and suitable for those wishing to discuss the 1pm games after the fact. Here's my idea. I'd like to have one poster write a short preview each week for the 1pm games, and another write one for the 4pm games. Anyone up for it?

I've gotten complaints that the NFL threads last season were too large

BFD... damn whiners

I still don't see a problem myself

See, for NFL games, I'd just make a thread for three or four certain games to be discussed in. For other games, make another thread.

Say, it's New England v. Buffalo, Miami v. Tampa, and...two other teams playing each other.

Thread title: "Patriots v. Buffalo, Dolphins v. Bucs and ______ v. _______ discussion in here"

Say for example your team is playing at 1pm. You watch the game on television. You wish to discuss the game afterwards, but the thread is flooded by fifteen posters saying things like "TOUCHDOWN WOOOO!@!!!!!" because they're responding to an ongoing game. Thus you cannot discuss the game. A single thread hinders discussion in this manner.

Then, to repeat a point earlier, if you start breaking down threads like that, you'll have one big clusterfudge of short-lived threads and looking for the right thread (or even looking for a day old thread) would just becomes tedious

Hence why the OAOs are better, IMO

Why not just crack down on the fools that post "OMFG TOUCHDOWN" or 'WHAT A RUN BY THAT GUY"? That way, it lessens the post-whoring and could lead to more crack-downs, specifically in the MLB threads, when 15 people in a row do 'HOMERUN!@!!!'

Then, to repeat a point earlier, if you start breaking down threads like that, you'll have one big clusterfudge of short-lived threads and looking for the right thread (or even looking for a day old thread) would just becomes tedious

Hence why the OAOs are better, IMO

We'd have four NFL threads a week, all with considerable interest. That's hardly overkill.

Add to that X number of broken down threads for all the other sports going on at a given time and then you do have overkill

We're not breaking down threads for other sports though. We're keeping whatever the NHL posters prefer, and we'll likely split up the NBA threads by weeks. And the NBA threads will be one at a time.

NBA Fantasy League will continue like it did last year, as Al says. Currently I have 11 people confirmed (that's including myself) returning from last year out of the 16. That means there'll be 5 free team spaces.

As soon as Yahoo brings it's league stuff back up, I'll be posting who I've got coming back from last year (with their two keepers) and we'll do another league.

Now then, before new comers fret and about being screwed out of draft picks, here's how the OFFLINE draft will work (assuming all 11 returners took 2 keepers, some might not, I can't remember):

Round 1

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

* if we've got more teams, they'll be added here.

Round 2

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

Round 3 - 9

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

~ Whoever finished where last season in the league during the regular season will then follow.

This draft will NOT be serpentine. So those first 5 teams will get prime choosing. So no fretting. And btw, this is what the NBA Fantasy League (H2H at least, we might also have a Rotiss League too) agreed to last season. I doubt we'll go past 16 teams, but you never know.

Who do you have confirmations from?