TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

A change in forum policy

-First off, there will be no more chatter threads. If you wish to discuss a specific game, start a thread. For example, "Yanks vs. whoever tonight." If you wish to discuss a trade, start a new thread. If you have an article you'd like to discuss, start a thread.

-Second, I've worried about overcluttering the board with pinned threads, and its reached that point. Therefore, I am not pinning anything unless its of monumental importance. If you have something important, such as the OOTP thread, bump it.

-Third, OaO threads are hereby banished, as I've wanted to do for a long time.

As always, feedback is accepted.

I don't like the idea of starting threads that will likely get 2 replies and end up bumping more worthwhile threads off the front page. This will likely lead to people posting stupid 'BUMP' in topics just to get them to the top for people to read.

I didn't have an issue with only the 5 pinned topics either.

Too many changes, al.

Guest Staravenger

I actually liked the idea of MLB Games Date A-Date B, since it doesn't clog up the folder with too many topics. I know I usually watch Yankee games, but I sometimes tune in to other teams like the Cubs, Astros and Red Sox.

I don't like the idea of starting threads that will likely get 2 replies and end up bumping more worthwhile threads off the front page. This will likely lead to people posting stupid 'BUMP' in topics just to get them to the top for people to read.

If that becomes a problem then we'll cross that road when we get to it. I feel having more specific topics will generate more worthwhile discussion.

I actually liked the idea of MLB Games Date A-Date B, since it doesn't clog up the folder with too many topics. I know I usually watch Yankee games, but I sometimes tune in to other teams like the Cubs, Astros and Red Sox.

Yeah, that's an issue, as those threads have been worthwhile. The problem I have comes when I'm posting similar threads for the NFL, NBA, NHL, the Olympics, and what not. It gets to be a bit much after awhile. I'll give it consideration.

Does this mean that we have to ditch our NHL Off-season thread?

No. I entertained the idea of closing those threads, but I didn't want to have to close the English football threads, and I figured it was better to leave alone.

I think that all existing OAO type threads should be kept open for the few of us who actually enjoy that format, myself included.

They will be. And I am not opposed to game chatter threads. If you want to start a thread to specifically discuss a sporting event, feel free. The changes as far as those go are two-fold. One, I will not pin the threads (except possibly in the case of championship games), and two, I will not start the threads. The reason for the second part is that as moderator, I must create chatter threads for all relevant sports, and in some cases, such as some of the Olympic threads, these get few responses. This allows chatter threads to be dictated by poster interest.

Guest Vitamin X

When football season starts, are we going to have threads for each game or a football sunday thread with all the game talk inside?

So, if/when the NHL season gets close to starting, I plan on creating an 'NHL predictions' thread and an 'NHL game chat' thread.

Would those get closed?

Damn just had to do it the week my contest officially begins.

So this mean I can't create a weekly college football thread?

When football season starts, are we going to have threads for each game or a football sunday thread with all the game talk inside?

A few posters have expressed a desire to have threads separated by times. For example a thread for 1pm games, and a thread for 4pm games.

So, if/when the NHL season gets close to starting, I plan on creating an 'NHL predictions' thread and an 'NHL game chat' thread.

Would those get closed?

No, but I prefer you put a time frame on the NHL game threads. Please do not start one thread for the entire season.

Damn just had to do it the week my contest officially begins.

So this mean I can't create a weekly college football thread?

You can. And the contest may continue. I just worry that pinning that thread, along with an NFL pick-em thread, game chatter threads for NFL and MLB, is overkill.

Would those get closed?

No, but I prefer you put a time frame on the NHL game threads. Please do not start one thread for the entire season.

That's stupid. The NHL thread last year was pretty much just a bunch of hockey fans talking hockey for the whole season. There's no need to make a thread for each week since it's pretty much just same the group of people for the whole season.

It's not going to be some big long 100 pg thread. Just like it wasn't last year. And the NHL Playoffs threads and Season threads have produced some excellent discussion at TSM

I don't want it to be a problem, al. I just don't understand why something that has never posed a problem automatically has to change with the forum being led by somebody.

This is the link to the NHL Season thread for last year, finishing at 34 pages. It's little game musings, injury reports, and random thoughts as the season progresses. It made for some very interesting discussion, and since there are only about 7-8 people that regularly post about the NHL on our boards, it just makes more sense to do it this way, as our madness is confined to the one thread and leaves everyone else alone.

Guest Vitamin X

Personally, I don't like OAO threads because they get WAY too long, and too long with posts that almost seemingly don't have much place on a messageboard but more in a chatroom, if you guys get what I mean.

I don't like not going to a thread for a couple of days, and with all the traffic that TSM gets, come back and have to click through a ton of pages just to start on where I left off last in the thread. Now, if there was some kind of option that would let you go to a specific page in the thread easily, that would be great.

Wow, bob barron doesn't like something a mod did. Shocking.

What are we going to do for our NBA Fantasy League, and discussion of the season?

Guest Evolution

I'm cool with the SFBL being unpinned, because it is true, when it's ready to be updated, I will update it. Maybe it'll be easier to see when it's updated now that it's gathered among the normal threads now.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm taking Spoon's money this college football season. Pinned thread or no.

No. I entertained the idea of closing those threads, but I didn't want to have to close the English football threads, and I figured it was better to leave alone.

You cant think about closing the Enlgish football thread mate, thats unfair, we havent clogged up the board with threads about different happenings in the world of football, and been very good at keeping it all in one thread, and no bumping goes on in there either.

English Football I'm not touching, so you guys shouldn't worry about that.

The NBA Fantasy League will continue as it did last year. I would split up the NBA Game Talk threads into different sections. I think 3-5 pages is a good guideline for a thread. We'll figure out how much NBA discussion we have when we get there.

NBA Fantasy League will continue like it did last year, as Al says. Currently I have 11 people confirmed (that's including myself) returning from last year out of the 16. That means there'll be 5 free team spaces.

As soon as Yahoo brings it's league stuff back up, I'll be posting who I've got coming back from last year (with their two keepers) and we'll do another league.

Now then, before new comers fret and about being screwed out of draft picks, here's how the OFFLINE draft will work (assuming all 11 returners took 2 keepers, some might not, I can't remember):

Round 1

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

* if we've got more teams, they'll be added here.

Round 2

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

Round 3 - 9

1) New Team 1

2) New Team 2

3) New Team 3

4) New Team 4

5) New Team 5

~ Whoever finished where last season in the league during the regular season will then follow.

This draft will NOT be serpentine. So those first 5 teams will get prime choosing. So no fretting. And btw, this is what the NBA Fantasy League (H2H at least, we might also have a Rotiss League too) agreed to last season. I doubt we'll go past 16 teams, but you never know.

Edited by Lightning Flik