TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Anglesault

John Kerry apparently led off his speech with bang by announcing that the Red Sox have closed to within two and a half games of first.

Don't you just love when politicians pretend to know about sports?

It's looking more and more like we'll have the same teams in the playoffs for the A.L. and probably the same exact match-ups. I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the chance to see the A's against the Red Sox again.

To be fair, the A's can't beat any of those three teams in the playoffs.

well hell, when the umpire awards the runner home plate, and then changes his mind 30 seconds later because the runner did run fast enough for his liking, it make sit kind of difficult to win.......

Guest Anglesault

I didn't see Game three, I just heard that Byrnes and Tejada basically ran them out of an inning.

Is this it?

ATHLETICS 6TH: Byrnes singled to center; Byrnes stole second;

McMillon grounded out (second to first) [byrnes to third];

Durazo walked; Tejada reached on a fielder's choice [byrnes out

at home (catcher), Durazo to third (error by Lowe), Tejada to

second]; Byrnes did not touch the plate as Varitek blocked it

with his foot; the wild throw went to the other side of Byrnes

from the catcher; Byrnes appeared to hurt his ankle in the

collision; Varitek retrieved the ball and tagged Byrnes, who was

called out; Chavez was walked intentionally; Hernandez

reached on an error by Garciaparra [Durazo scored (unearned),

Tejada out at home (left to catcher), Chavez to second];

obstruction called on Mueller, but ruling was that it occurred

before Tejada reached 3B; therefore, by rule 7.06(b), he is

awarded 'next base', which was third and further advance was at

his own peril; Tejada stopped running, tagged out by 30 feet;

there was a long discussion by the umpires and then a long

argument from A's manager Macha; 1 R, 1 H, 2 E, 2 LOB.

Athletics 1, Red Sox 1.

Guest Anglesault

God Almighty.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...t_of_curse?pg=2

SUDBURY -- Has the blood of a teenage boy lifted the Curse of the Bambino?

ADVERTISEMENT

To the other 35,039 people packed into Fenway Park Tuesday night, it looked like just another foul ball. Manny Ramirez, who had already hit two home runs in the game, stepped up in the bottom of the fourth with two on and one out and lofted a fly ball down the right-field line that sliced in front of the Pesky Pole and landed in the stands.

As soon as he hit it, Ramirez looked down in mild frustration. Anaheim right fielder Vladimir Guerrero raced toward the stands, stopped short of the foul line, and glanced up impassively. NESN play-by-play announcer Don Orsillo stated flatly, ''That will go up in the seats."

But on a night when the moon was nearly full, when the Sox continued their epic surge, and when the Yankees suffered the most lopsided defeat in the history of the storied franchise, Ramirez may have unwittingly done what countless others have failed to do before him. He may well have broken the curse under which the team has labored since Ruth was sold to the Yankees in 1919.

A 16-year-old boy stood up in Section 9, Box 95, Row AA, with hopes of catching the ball. But he wasn't just any teenager. No, this was Lee Gavin, who has lived his entire life in a rambling farmhouse on Dutton Road in Sudbury that is best known to anyone west of Boston as the house where Babe Ruth lived.

On this last night of August, Gavin, a right fielder on his summer league team, positioned himself in the aisle, raised his arms in anticipation of catching his first-ever ball at Fenway Park, and BAM! The ball sliced through his hands and hit him square in the face. The impact punctured his top lip and knocked his two front teeth into a deepening pool of blood on the cement ground.

Guest Staravenger

Wow....are Red Sox columnists really THAT stupid? Well, in that case, when someone splatters the head of LeBron James in Clevland, maybe the Cavaliers can finally win a NBA Championship.

And yes, Kerry sounds like an idiot. Too bad Bush is going to win the Presidency...but I hate him less than Kerry, so I don't care.

I didn't see Game three, I just heard that Byrnes and Tejada basically ran them out of an inning.

Is this it?

ATHLETICS 6TH: Byrnes singled to center; Byrnes stole second;

McMillon grounded out (second to first) [byrnes to third];

Durazo walked; Tejada reached on a fielder's choice [byrnes out

at home (catcher), Durazo to third (error by Lowe), Tejada to

second]; Byrnes did not touch the plate as Varitek blocked it

with his foot; the wild throw went to the other side of Byrnes

from the catcher; Byrnes appeared to hurt his ankle in the

collision; Varitek retrieved the ball and tagged Byrnes, who was

called out; Chavez was walked intentionally; Hernandez

reached on an error by Garciaparra [Durazo scored (unearned),

Tejada out at home (left to catcher), Chavez to second];

obstruction called on Mueller, but ruling was that it occurred

before Tejada reached 3B; therefore, by rule 7.06(b), he is

awarded 'next base', which was third and further advance was at

his own peril; Tejada stopped running, tagged out by 30 feet;

there was a long discussion by the umpires and then a long

argument from A's manager Macha; 1 R, 1 H, 2 E, 2 LOB.

Athletics 1, Red Sox 1.

yep that is it, however watching it live, when Tejada was a step away from third base, the umpire called obstruction and then POINTED TO HOME PLATE, which is pretty much the universal sign for YOU ARE AWARDED the base.

Guest Anglesault
And yes, Kerry sounds like an idiot.

This is also the same guy that roots for "Manny Ortez" and claims Eddie Yost was his favorite Red Sox.

It really means nothing, but you would think one of his handlers would shut him the fuck up on baseball matters.

Guest Anglesault
At least he never traded Sammy Sosa.

He also couldn't pick him out of a line up. And if he did meet him, he'd call him by some vaguely Spanish last name. ;)

Sammy Lopez.

I come back from my honeymoon expecting Anglesault to be ripping the Yanks a new one after Monday night, and THIS is what I get???

It's only baseball. Sometimes you have to ride the little hiccups out and hope for the best. Losing my temper would accomplish nothing. You can't catch breaks somedays. It's not like the Yankees are trying to lose. I'm sure they went out there tonight and gave it their all.

Well, sometimes things happen. They were playing a team that scores alot and facing a pretty decent pitcher. It would be unfair, for me, a non baseball player to find fault in the way they played the game tonight.

Aw, come on. It's only one game. And if you're gonna lose, might as well set some records. Sometimes things just don't go our way. A good team is going to lose 60 games. If I lost my mind after every single loss, I'd have stroke by July.

Man, I demand a refund.