TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Oh COME ON 'Sault, I've seen you bitch after WINS. Really, you won't get banned or anything, let it out.

Besides, the Sox are only 3 1/2 back, and the Yankees' starters completely blow right now.

Guest Brian

He actually sounds humbled. Maybe he just needs to sleep on it. Then when he wakes up and sees Boston back by three in the loss column...

Guest Anglesault
Did someone lobotomize him?

It's only baseball. Sometimes you have to ride the little hiccups out and hope for the best. Losing my temper would accomplish nothing. You can't catch breaks somedays. It's not like the Yankees are trying to lose. I'm sure they went out there tonight and gave it their all.

No, but I bet if the Indians go on to win tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll get the AS we all know and love.

Not really. Que sera, sera.

Start spreadin' the news...

CLEVELAND

AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

C Crisp CF 6 4 2 3 1 0 2 .285

O Vizquel SS 7 3 6 4 0 0 1 .310

M Lawton LF 5 1 1 1 0 0 3 .280

R Ludwick RF 2 1 1 0 0 1 1 .500

V Martinez C 4 3 2 4 2 0 2 .289

T Hafner DH 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 .311

C Blake 3B 2 1 0 1 2 1 1 .275

J McDonald 3B 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 .241

B Broussard 1B 3 2 2 2 1 0 1 .281

J Phelps 1B 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 .252

R Belliard 2B 6 3 3 1 0 1 6 .301

J Gerut RF-LF 4 2 1 3 2 1 5 .254

Totals 49 22 22 22 9 6 26

I think the Yankees finally broke him.

And I noticed Cleveland left six guys on base on top of all that. Has a team ever have 0 LOB in a game? It seems like a statistical impossiblity, but has it ever happened?

Bruiser Chong, remember who recommended that you pick up Hafner in your fantasy league. And I am glad I traded Vazquez right now.

I won the H2H league matchup of Westbrook vs Vazquez :headbang:

I think the Yankees finally broke him.

And I noticed Cleveland left six guys on base on top of all that. Has a team ever have 0 LOB in a game? It seems like a statistical impossiblity, but has it ever happened?

It is certainly a statistical possibility. It's not what you're thinking of, but every team on the losing end of a perfect game has had 0 LOB.

Guest Anglesault
"Can't catch breaks"? Have you been going to therapy or something?

Well, sometimes things happen. They were playing a team that scores alot and facing a pretty decent pitcher. It would be unfair, for me, a non baseball player to find fault in the way they played the game tonight.

Edited by Anglesault

Well, sometimes things happen. They were playing a team that scores alot and facing a pretty decent pitcher. It would be unfair, for me, a non baseball player to find fault in the way they played the game tonight.

I can imagine him saying this with lots of twitching and facial tics.

Well, sometimes you just get your ass kicked. This 22-0 score was a laugher but not something to be terribly worried about in the short term. Just a fluke. That said...

No way are these guys winning it all. You don't lose 22-0 and win it all. It reminds me of another game the Indians had against a powerful team: the 2001 Mariners. M's got ahead something like 11-1 and somehow the Indians came back and won it in extra innings. On that night I knew despite however many wins the Mariners would get, there was no way these guys are going to win the World Series.

I think the Yankees will scrape themselves off the floor and win the division, but their playoff chances are looking bleaker by the day.

Guest Anglesault

I can imagine him saying this with lots of twitching and facial tics.

Aw, come on. It's only one game. And if you're gonna lose, might as well set some records. Sometimes things just don't go our way. A good team is going to lose 60 games. If I lost my mind after every single loss, I'd have stroke by July.

Indeed you did, Al. Funny thing is I almost benched him today for Sheffield, but realized that Vazquez was pitching. Mind you I've also got Vazquez, but wisely benched him (as well as Prior). Good thing, too, since they wound up surrendering 11 earned runs between the two of them in under seven innings of work. Even so, my ERA still took an ass whooping thanks to Smoltz.

For what it's worth I was actually on a Little League All Star team that won a game 22-1. We lost the next game and were eliminated from the tourney.

Yankees will likely come out tomorrow and win.

Guest Anglesault
Yankees will likely come out tomorrow and win.

That's the spirit!

Everyone is blowing this one loss out of proportion. They needed to be no hit to get back on track last year.

Everyone is blowing this one loss out of proportion.

They lost by 22 effing runs!!!!!!!!!!!

The Yankees got blown out so bad they actually were blown out of proportion.

Guest Anglesault
Everyone is blowing this one loss out of proportion.

They lost by 22 effing runs!!!!!!!!!!!

But no one got hurt. And it's not like runs in a series are cumulative. Fresh start tomorrow

Guest Anglesault
Screw what you're reading, because we know Anglesault is just yelling FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

not true.

Honestly it's been my expierence that majority of fans shrug off blow out losses, especially when their team is good. There are just some games where everything goes wrong and most fans recognize that, even AS. Watching your team lose a close game where they had many chances to win is much worse.

A's win tonight, Angels and Rangers both lose. Finally a small cushion in the division.

Anyone noticed the incredible year Aaron Rowand is having? .322/.377/.583.

Anyone noticed the incredible year Aaron Rowand is having? .322/.377/.583.

I have. He's the one bright spot of the "new talent" that is getting their chance to play every day under Guillen. He's become a very reliable everyday center fielder.

Jason

I still stand my desire to see the Sox get within a game or so of the Yanks before crumbling. I don't particuarly care for either team and find the Sox more appealing, but this season, it's been a toss-up for which team has the more annoying fans.

Guest Anglesault
I still stand my desire to see the Sox get within a game or so of the Yanks before crumbling. I don't particuarly care for either team and find the Sox more appealing, but this season, it's been a toss-up for which team has the more annoying fans.

We're not annoying, just passionate. We're not the type of fans that will embrace any kind of loser image like Cubs fans. I don't find that annoying.