TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Anglesault

Can you blame him? You bastards didn't erven give Grady a last meal or day of luxary before you blew him up.

Guest Anglesault

Oh, for the love of Christ, enough of this.

You would think that after this lazy, half assed brand of baseball that they've played all month led to the week from hell and cost them FIVE GAMES on their lead, the team would play with SOME energy and look motivated. They respond with a five of seven run that sounds a SHITLOAD better than it actually was, lose more ground, and head into a homestand against the crap of the league that the Yankees should DOMINATE.

They enter this game, knowing that they have to put in a good perfromance and hope the Angels beat Schilling and they respond with THIS?

WHAT IN THE LIVING MOTHERFUCKING SHIT WAS THAT GAME?

I saw a team that couldn't possibly look any less motivated go out there and play like a bunch of 8 year olds getting used to playing without a tee. I saw a team get no hit for THREE INNINGS by JAKE WESTBROOK? And than Jeremy Guthrie closes the door?

WHO IN THE FUCK IS JEREMY GUTHRIE? Has he even played another game in the majors?

Omar Vizquel got more hits than the Yankees. He got more hits than the entire fucking team.

And then there's the pitching. In a game where he absolutely had to put on a good show, Javy Vazquez does this? God al-f'n-mighty, this is our furture? This is what I have to look forward to in three years? Our "pitcher of the future" IS A NUMBER FOUR STARTER? Good lord, did no one look into this? "Uh, one thing, Brian. Vazquez gives up EIGHT BILLION HOME RUNS and is probably going to pitch about three quality games for you" and Cashamn AGREED TO THAT? Well, maybe I should lay off the home run thing. Considering he wasn't given the chance to give one up. And the real kicker, he thinks he had his best stuff all year! OH FUCKING GOODIE! That just makes me all fuzzy inside thinking about the next lord knows how many years of Javier Vazquez.

Sturtze and Nitkowski more or less did what everyone figured that they would, but once again highlites the fact that TANYON STURTZE AND CJ NITKOWSKI ARE ON THIS PITCHING STAFF.

And Loaiza. Nice effort, Esteban. No, the Yankees weren't going to win the game, but do you think you could have PRETENDED to try? I've never seen someone make it THAT obvious that they aren't even making an effort. Can we get him through waivers for ANYTHING like now?

And on top of all that, besides the three people that were trapped by the media, everyone else ran and hid after the game.

And if anyone thinks they'll suddenly show the interest they haven't shown in almost a month tomorrow, please give me a reason? going 1-6 didn't make anyone care, why the hell would this?

Judging from the highlights of today's game, Tony Batista has etched his name in the Webster's Dictionary for the definition of "unmotivated". In all five at-bats, the pitcher was just lobbing the pitches to the other side of the plate, but Batista remained in his stance and just swung with one hand, striking out in each at-bat. That was just a disgusting performance.

Seriously, people need to see the highlights of this game (about 15 minutes into tonight's SportsCenter).

Guest Kaspar Kucera
You don't lose 22-0 and win it all.

The Marlins got beaten up 25-8 last year, and won it all. It could happen.

Guest Staravenger

I am so glad I fell asleep before the game started. 22-0!?! Jesus Christ, who gave up all those runs? A friend of mine told me Vazquez allowed 6 ER in a 1 or so Inning of work. I can guess Loaiza was put in? Maybe they called up Felix Heredia from Single A? Wade Boggas got flown in from wherever he lives?

Guest Anglesault
Wade Boggas got flown in from wherever he lives?

Unfortunately, not.

Game four of the 2002 ALDS was sweeter. It was the day mystique and aura got shoved on its ass, and kicked in the crotch

You'd be shocked how much the 2003 season helped to remove the sting. The Angels became a punchline and Mystique and Aura made a return in the ALCS. Of course, it was overthrown by laziness and indifference in the WS...

It's one game, i'm not worried at all.

Really, Sheffield didn't even play, and Vazquez has been the suckiest suck in the whole sucking world since he got here. El Duque, Brown, Mussina in the playoffs, Leiber if needed in Game 4.

The Red Sox are catching up, I don't know about you guys, but i'm nervous! I mean, it's likely that after all these years they will finally topple the Yankees. Haven't we heard this before...

They just have to win tonight, and start a new streak.

Good stuff by Omar Vizquel 6-7. This guy's career is so underrated IMO, if he has 3 more solid years like this one, and wins atleast 2 more Gold Gloves, IMO, he's a Hall of Famer.

Take it one game at a time.

Guest Staravenger

My AOL start up screen says this is the worst loss in Yankees History. Now that makes this even worse. Hopefully tonight the Yanks can pull their collective heads out of their asses and start playing like the team they should be.

Oh, for the love of Christ, enough of this.

You would think that after this lazy, half assed brand of baseball that they've played all month led to the week from hell and cost them FIVE GAMES on their lead, the team would play with SOME energy and look motivated. They respond with a five of seven run that sounds a SHITLOAD better than it actually was, lose more ground, and head into a homestand against the crap of the league that the Yankees should DOMINATE.

They enter this game, knowing that they have to put in a good perfromance and hope the Angels beat Schilling and they respond with THIS?

WHAT IN THE LIVING MOTHERFUCKING SHIT WAS THAT GAME?

I saw a team that couldn't possibly look any less motivated go out there and play like a bunch of 8 year olds getting used to playing without a tee. I saw a team get no hit for THREE INNINGS by JAKE WESTBROOK? And than Jeremy Guthrie closes the door?

WHO IN THE FUCK IS JEREMY GUTHRIE? Has he even played another game in the majors?

Omar Vizquel got more hits than the Yankees. He got more hits than the entire fucking team.

And then there's the pitching. In a game where he absolutely had to put on a good show, Javy Vazquez does this? God al-f'n-mighty, this is our furture? This is what I have to look forward to in three years? Our "pitcher of the future" IS A NUMBER FOUR STARTER? Good lord, did no one look into this? "Uh, one thing, Brian. Vazquez gives up EIGHT BILLION HOME RUNS and is probably going to pitch about three quality games for you" and Cashamn AGREED TO THAT? Well, maybe I should lay off the home run thing. Considering he wasn't given the chance to give one up. And the real kicker, he thinks he had his best stuff all year! OH FUCKING GOODIE! That just makes me all fuzzy inside thinking about the next lord knows how many years of Javier Vazquez.

Sturtze and Nitkowski more or less did what everyone figured that they would, but once again highlites the fact that TANYON STURTZE AND CJ NITKOWSKI ARE ON THIS PITCHING STAFF.

And Loaiza. Nice effort, Esteban. No, the Yankees weren't going to win the game, but do you think you could have PRETENDED to try? I've never seen someone make it THAT obvious that they aren't even making an effort. Can we get him through waivers for ANYTHING like now?

And on top of all that, besides the three people that were trapped by the media, everyone else ran and hid after the game.

And if anyone thinks they'll suddenly show the interest they haven't shown in almost a month tomorrow, please give me a reason? going 1-6 didn't make anyone care, why the hell would this?

There yo go. :lol:

I had an ear-to-ear grin last night when 1100AM here in Cleveland played "New York, New York" in the background as they played the highlights of last night's game.

And to think, in the 5th inning, I had a sick feeling in my stomach that the Indians' bullpen would somehow find a way to blow a dozen or so run lead. A great night for Cleveland sports fans who are usually used to blown leads, fumbles, drives, shots, ect. that anguish us.

Guest Staravenger

Oh stop rubbing it in. At least we didn't lose to the Florida Marlins in the World Series. HA-HA! Oh...fuck.

Anglesault finally tore loose! Being a Louisville fan this game reminded me of a basketball game against TCU this past year. U of L was ranked at the time, TCU sucks ass of course...yet TCU won the game something like 75-48. I wasn't really even that pissed, just said "What the hell happened there?" and moved on. It's the close OT or extra inning losses that suck the most. Those are the ones where chairs get broken and holes get smashed in the walls.

Yankee fans always have a couple dozen world titles to fall back on however.

Heh, a Cubs fan calling Red Sox fans annoying.

Sweet irony.

And the Cubs fans have what to do with this, exactly? I'm well aware that we've got some of the most impatient and small-minded fans in baseball; moreso now that the team looks like it'll at least be in postseason contention for a few years to come.

I'm just saying that here you have two teams in the Sox and Yanks that have incredibly large fanbases that pride themselves on how loyal they are and yet, the vast majority of them bitch incessently about every little thing. It's justified at times, but some of things the fans complain are insane. Once again, I know that as a Cubs fan and a guilty party of overreacting, I may not have room to talk. But I'm discussing the Yanks and Sox here.

The Yanks have more or less assembled a starting lineup that closely resembles that of an All-Star starting lineup. And yet, things just don't seem to be clicking all the time. I guess that's just the game, though. Once in a great while, a team will come along that's so incredible that they're simply incapable of performing poorly on too many consecutive outings (read: the 2004 Cardinals).

Like I said, the complaining is justified at times, but some of thing a lot of their fans bitch about are things that aren't necessary.

Now, as for the Red Sox fans, they've always been a bit more tolerable, but not this season. I can understand the frustration with underachieving most of the season, but every loss in Boston is like the end of the season. I blame this on them being so close to the World Series (bumping off their arch rivals en route, no less) and not making it. Same goes for the Cubs. They both came so close to getting to unfamiliar territory and came up short. This season, the expectations for both teams have been huge and I've gotta say, it's had a negative effect on both of them. This goes for most of their fans, as well.

But to me, the Red Sox don't deserve all the sympathy they often get. We know you're in the division with the Evil Empire and that they've got a mighty payroll. But guess what? So do you! Your payroll isn't all that close, but there's still definitely enough cash around to write off being deserving of any sympathy on that front. You've got two of the premiere pitchers in the game; one of the best all-around hitters; a massive run-producer; a great lead-off man and other potent bats. So I can understand the frustration that came about when they were performing so mediocrely. But that's still no reason to feel bad for the team. I hate to break it to you, but the Sox aren't some piss ant small market team that should be viewed as the David to the Yankees Goliath. There are teams like the Twins, A's and even Rangers that are having terrific seasons; all without the benefit of a big payroll.

That's mainly what I'm getting at here.

Guest Anglesault
It's one game, i'm not worried at all.

It's more like a month of uninspired, unmotivated baseball.

The Red Sox are catching up, I don't know about you guys, but i'm nervous! I mean, it's likely that after all these years they will finally topple the Yankees. Haven't we heard this before...

I don't understand the Yankee fans falling back on the curse. What if the curse doesn't strike until the World Series?

Good stuff by Omar Vizquel 6-7. This guy's career is so underrated IMO, if he has 3 more solid years like this one, and wins atleast 2 more Gold Gloves, IMO, he's a Hall of Famer.

He's 37 years old. I highly doubt he's got much left in the tank. Even at this point, he's not a HOFer.

Don't let the numbers fool you.

Referring to Vazquez. I'll trade you guys "proven winner" Eric Milton and take Vazquez off your hands.

Boston sports fans are obsessed with the Red Sox and yet don't seem to grasp the big picture. Think about it, the Celtics have won god knows how many NBA titles. The Patriots have won 2 Super Bowls recently. I don't know much about hockey but I'd assume the Bruins have won the Stanley Cup as well, maybe not recently but they have won it. Yet all Boston fans can think of is the Red Sox and the curse.

I've joked that the Red Sox will eventually beat the Yankees in the ALCS....only to then lose Game 7 of the World Series.

Guest Anglesault
Don't let the numbers fool you.

Referring to Vazquez. I'll trade you guys "proven winner" Eric Milton and take Vazquez off your hands.

We could have gotten Randy Johnson for him.

I don't understand the Yankee fans falling back on the curse. What if the curse doesn't strike until the World Series?

The curse wouldn't allow the Red Sox to beat the Yankees in the playoffs. The Yankees just have to weather the storm until then.

In hindsight a seperate thread should have been created after last night's game. I'm already Bored reading about the Yankees.