TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

This Red Sox game just became the best one ever, as the hot chick behind homeplate flashed her tit while she was talking on the cell phone during the last at-bat of the game. I'm not usually one to gush over fans, but that was pretty hilarious, as you had to be paying attention to catch it. But damn.

I must have missed it (DAMNIT!!!), but I thought I did notice a bit of commotion behind the plate (people standing, and I think I saw a security guard). That must have been the reason.

If there is a Bucky Dent, it would probably be Pokey Reese. Guy not known for his bat that hasn't really been around since the All-Star break. Plus, their names sound so similar (Bucky Fucking Dent becomes Pokey Fucking Reese).

If anyone screws up, it will be Dale Sveum (the 3rd base coach). I can see him waving the World Series game 7 tying run home and having it get gunned down by 10 feet.

The funny thing is Brown was never injury prone. He had the back problem which caused him to miss time, but there's nothing else before this season. He didn't miss significant time in any year between 1991 and 2000, and he led the league in starts three times.

Guest Anglesault
The funny thing is Brown was never injury prone.

The humor in this is lost on me.

Besides, I wouldn't call this part of being injury prone. If he tripped and fell and broke his hand, maybe. But he punched a god damn wall.

I don't understand it. I punched a kitchen cabinet, but a) I don't have anything else that i can really use, Brown had a baseball bat and b) no one needs my left hand for anything. I can function without it. He can't. (stupid glove)

Guest Anglesault
Looking on the bright side, were 7 games ahead of the Angels right now if Boston were to catch us.

Why is that relevant?

It's not really.

But it's the only thing right now that makes me feel were still gonna make the playoffs. We could blow that lead too, but honestly, we can't play that bad, right?

Guest Anglesault
It's not really.

But it's the only thing right now that makes me feel were still gonna make the playoffs. We could blow that lead too,

What lead?

Please God, tell me you're not suggesting a Wild Card birth.

Turn around and walk away, Mike. Logic, Yankees, and Anglesault are a combustible combination, and I don't want you losing a limb a month into your tenure here.

Guest Anglesault
Turn around and walk away, Mike. Logic, Yankees, and Anglesault are a combustible combination, and I don't want you losing a limb a month into your tenure here.

Why in ALL FUCKING HELL should I be at all pleased with this team sneaking in the back door through the ridiculous Wild Card?

You shouldn't.

But I'd rather be in the playoffs then not be in the playoffs. Also, the winner of the AL East has to face the twins, which means you have to face Santana. He pitched a one hitter tonight. I don't remember the last time he pitched a bad game.

Guest Anglesault
You shouldn't.

But I'd rather be in the playoffs then not be in the playoffs.

If they embarass themselves and their fans enough to lose the division, they should miss the playoffs. 10.5 fucking games that they pissed away.

Also, the winner of the AL East has to face the twins, which means you have to face Santana. He pitched a one hitter tonight. I don't remember the last time he pitched a bad game.
Then we'll just have to make sure we don't face him twice. I'd much rather have home field advantage than grab the wild card to avoid Santana

But Pedro pitched another strong game tonight, AND it looks like Derek Lowe is finally settling down, AND Curt Schilling is there, AND Wakefield was almost the ALCS MVP (he's been kind of shaky this year). After Santana, who do the Twins have? And who knows if Santana will be as effective on 3-4 days rest (which is what they will probably do with him if they fall behind)?

Sure the Yankees haven't played incredible like they did in the first half, but it's not like they've lost every game. Yes, there's no excuses losing six out of seven, yes there's no excuses losing to teams you should beat. But what are they supposed to do, when the team chasing them can't lose? Should this motivate them? Yes. But if the Sox stay THIS hot, there's nothing they can do.

EDIT: Look at Santana's stats, he's like 14-2, with a 1.66 ERA in in his something starts. Seriously, go look at his last 10 starts, he's incredible. True they don't have much after Santana, but they whopped our asses anyway.

Guest Anglesault
But what are they supposed to do, when the team chasing them can't lose?

Keep winning? They're playing the fucking Blue Jays, Indians and Orioles for God's sake, it's not exactly a fucking chore.

Guest Anglesault
Do you honestly expect them, with the way their playing now, to win every single game against them?

They damn well better.

Well, I don't think Boston will go undefeated the rest of the way. Those last 6 meetings are key. If they can hold the Sox off until then and take 4, 5, or all 6 meetings, that will probably give them a good cushion. Punching clubhouse walls is NOT the way to handle this. I remember last year about this time the Sox cut the lead to 1 1/2, but the Yankees held them off and won the division by 5 or 6 (I think). Kevin Brown breaking his hand just screwed over their already shaky rotation even more.

EDIT: Looking at the stats, the Twins' team ERA is actually .05 lower than Boston's (4.01 to 4.06), so I take back my comments about the Twins having no one behind Santana. But the Sox do have more playoff experience.

And about Brown, you should go to the YES site and see the postgame interviews. Man was Posada pissed.

EDIT: Yea, they got it down to 1 and a half, then Wells pitched a gem on Labor Day against them, and we went onto win 8 games in a row.

Guest Anglesault
And about Brown, you should go to the YES site and see the postgame interviews. Man was Posada pissed.

Posada was angry, Torre was angry, Cashman was angry, and A-Rod was his fucking "We lost, but we'll get them next time!" loser ass texas self.

Guest Tragedy

The Yankees have been playing bad. Simple as that. What is there to be upset about if they win the Wild Card? They'd face Oakland rather than the Twins. Game One in the ALDS would be Santana, and Game Two would be Radke. Theres a set win. They'd more than likely lose the next two, but with Santana going Game Five, you think the Yankees have a chance? Not at all.

Mike is simply saying he'd rather see them make the playoffs by way of Wild Card rather than not make it at all. You can't fault the Yankees for blowing the lead they had. It's simple: Yankees were excellent all season long, Sox were terrible. The end of July came around, and the Yankees started to slide and the Red Sox started to pick it up. It happens.

Guest Anglesault
The Yankees have been playing bad. Simple as that. What is there to be upset about if they win the Wild Card? .

It's the wild card? it's a total joke? It loses them HFA?

If the Yankees crapped out on us last year and "earned" the wild card, Boston may have won that series.

You can't fault the Yankees for blowing the lead they had

Watch me.

The Yankees getting the wildcard instead of the division isn't really a big deal. Who cares, really? Note that the WC team won the Series in 1997, 2002, and 2003. Personally I hate the whole wildcard thing. To me if you don't win your division you have no business getting to a World Series. In 1997 and 2003 the Braves were clearly better than the Marlins over a 162 game schedule...yet the Marlins end up in the World Series?

It also kills the suspense with this whole Yankees/Sox thing. I mean, so what if the Yankees do choke and lose the division? They'll still make the playoffs, so it's not a do or die situation.

Guest Tragedy

The Wild Card is a "total joke"? Tell that the last years World Series winners..............

Whats the difference if they make it in by Wild Card? They're still in the playoffs. Instead of playing the Central, they play the West. So? They could go by them, play whomever wins the East/Central, and go to the World Series.

If you're going to fault them for blowing the lead when THE SOX ARE RED HOT, then, you're not overly smart.

Guest Anglesault
The Wild Card is a "total joke"? Tell that the last years World Series winners..............

And I HATE that. The thing I used to like about baseball was that you had to be the BEST to earn a shot at the title.

Now you don't even have to win your division. You could pull a total choke job (like the Yankees are doing now) and still make the playoffs?

If you can't even win your division, you have no place trying to claim that you are the best team in baseball at the end of the year.

Whats the difference if they make it in by Wild Card?
You lose home field.

If you're going to fault them for blowing the lead when THE SOX ARE RED HOT, then, you're not overly smart.

The Red Sox are red hot because that's what winners do. They turn it up during the stretch run. Winning teams don't totally collapse and play like shit when they're being challenged. They take it to the next level (See Boston or Oakland). The Yankees have responded to the challenge of the Sox by playing their worst baseball in months and not even caring. In the words of A-Rod "It's only one game!" Well, only one has turned into only eight games. And the Yankees babrely seem to care. You guys are playing like shit, barely hanging on to the AL East, and Boston is charging. GET FUCKING ANGRY. The Yankees are just as capable as the Red Sox right now. Even more so, considering who we are playing. The Yankees have responded to the challenge of a winning team by hiding in the basement and trying to weather the storm.

they suck because it's early. Some guys get off to slow starts, and apparently that includes the entire Yankee lineup.

all you have to do is beat the Jays and the A's (or Angels) for the wild card. I wouldn't be going into panic mode just yet.

Damn.

Trust me, I was spazing when I heard Brown was injured. Hell, I was spazing when we were losing. When your a Yankee fan, you, or I anyway can tell if it's one of those "nights" where we just have nothing. Tonight was one of those nights. The thing that annoys me is that it seems like the Yankees don't care. I just watched the Angels/Redsox game on Wednesday, and it seems like the Sox players are always going nuts, hitting everything, and giving it 100%.

Its the complete opposite with the Yankees.

Guest Anglesault
The thing that annoys me is that it seems like the Yankees don't care.

DING DING DING DING DING!

And you win...

Watching a bunch of millionaires play half assed baseball and piss the season away for their fans.