TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Brian

Baltimore scores three runs in the top of the first. What the fuck is happening to the Yankees?

Guest Staravenger

Yankees got a run back when Jeter stole third and a throw to Mora went into left field, allowing Jeter to score. Mora seemed to hurt his hand when the ball hit the tip of his fingers on the throw.

Schilling is perfect through 3 with his pitch count in the low 20's, while his opponent Ryan Drese is around the 75 pitch mark.

Red Sox up 3-0 going into the top of the 4th.

A's are getting hammered today (10-4 in the 7th) after Rich Harden had his first bad start of the second half but Moneyball draftee Nick Swisher hit his first career homerun.

Javy often has a shaky first inning. It's just lately, it's been carrying over. But he's certainly settled down since then, giving up no runs and striking out eight on the day. For fantasy baseball reasons, I NEED him to go deep into this one.

Gabe Kapler with a two RBI single in the last of the 7th to put the Red Sox up 6-1.

Schill is on cruise control right now. 9K/0BB going to the top of the 8th.

Wow, what a horrible inning for the Orioles. Not only do they get runners at the corners with nobody out and don't score, but they walk the leadoff man and intentionally loaded the bags with one out, only to walk in the winning run. Fantastic.

Julio walks Posada with the bases loaded, and the Yanks win.

EDIT: I just realized the difference our team is with Jeter in the leadoff spot. He gets the first run on his own by singleing, stealing 2nd, and third and home on a error. He leads off with a walk in the 9th, steals 2nd, and gets into to scoring position so Bernie can bunt.

The Rangers make the game more interesting than it should have been, but the Red Sox hold on to win 6-5.

They won 9/10 on the homestand, and now go to Oakland for three games.

Arroyo v. Zito tomorrow

Lowe v. Redman tuesday

Pedro v. Hudson wednesday

Then it's on to Seattle, where they hope to hold off Ichiro.

I'd like to see them take 2/3 from Oakland (Hudson will be a tough win) and sweep Seattle.

Isringhausen just blew a three-run lead against the Dodgers. The first two hitters in the inning singled to put runners at the corners, but Isringhausen struck out the next two, only to give up a pair of hits to tie the game.

Larry Walker also left the game earlier after spraining his knee on a play in right field.

You'd never know from the way the announcers sucked his dick as they replayed it five times.

Hafner going down on strikes sucked, too, since it means I'll lose the strikeouts category for offensive players in my head-to-head matchup for the week. This fantasy baseball stuff is making me even more uptight about the game than I already was without it.

Guest Anglesault
Well, a guy who punches the clubhouse wall in frustration obviously cares about the game he's playing.

Seriously, players care, and they try. I'm sick and tired of this "my team doesn't care" sentiment. If you think they're not trying, write tem letters and ask them to start trying again. I'm sure they are thrilled when they lose games and look bad. For the time being, however, I am not tolerating any more of it. Subject closed.

It's impossible for a man who watches a team maybe three times a year to judge that team. I've seen them all year. I've seen them bust their asses during games and defy the odds. I've seen how they react to bad losses when they're fired up. I think it's fair for a fan that has put five months into this team to judge when they're playing hard and when they can't be bothered. Hell, I think a casual fan or a fan of another team can read or watch their "Oh well, what can you do" post loss dribble and conclude that they look unmotivated.

Fair enough. But I don't want threads clogged with the same point over and over again. I'll reopen the Yankees thread for the purpose of bitching about the team. Otherwise it discourages other topics.

Guest Anglesault

And who else loves this horeshit with the Yankees and the Devil Rays? They had ample time to get out of Tampa before the damn storm made it impossible, and they flat out refused. That's a forfeit.

Guest Anglesault
Ok. The Yankees could take a forfeit, and then forfeit all gate receipts they would have received from the game. That's perhaps a cool million in lost gate receipts.

The Yankees aren't playing well enough to decline a forfeit (especially a legitimate one) right now. If they keep this suck fest going and lose one or both games tomorrow (entirely possible with Estebomb going) they have a hell ot a lot more to lose in terms of post season revenue.

Guest Anglesault
It's not legitimate anyway, as the Yankees agreed to the time change,

They should have denied it. The Devil Rays wanted to be pricks, those should have been the consequences.

and its only a few hours difference anyway. It's a non-issue/

It also cuts the rest time in between games in half.

The Devil Rays defied Major League Baseball and inconvienced probably close to 60,000 people (more than that) because they didn't feel like leaving, and they face no consequence. Baseball is a joke.

And who else loves this horeshit with the Yankees and the Devil Rays? They had ample time to get out of Tampa before the damn storm made it impossible, and they flat out refused. That's a forfeit.

That depends. Exactly what time was Sunday's game postponed? Because when I was on my lunch break Saturday, the game had not been postponed and had the possibility to be played. By the time they postponed Sunday's game, it was already too late to rearrange the travel plans.

I guarantee you that if this involved any team other than the Yankees, they'd find a way to reschedule the doubleheader.

I've been reading up on the situation (albeit from NY's point of view). The Tigers left the area I believe on Saturday, so the games weren't going to happen on Sunday. Apparently MLB asked the Devil Rays to leave early, but they did not. The only reason given so far was the inability to secure lodging. I suppose more will come out of it.

The doubleheader was scheduled for 1pm, and it was a straight doubleheader. The break between games remains unchanged. The Devil Rays will leave Tampa at 9am tomorrow, and if they don't make it for some reason, then the Yankees would seek a forfeit.

Guest Anglesault
But how do these events inconvenience the Yankees moreso than the Devil Rays?

It doesn't matter if it inconviences the Devil Rays at all. This whole thing is their damn fault. Now they've thrown the Yankees themselves off schedule, eliminated half of the rest time. The Yankees are being punished for something they didn't do.

And I wouldn't be so sure about that gate al. Alot of people don't have the flexibility for, don't care to, or don't even know about the time change. What was once a 50,000 plus gate could now be a 40, 000 game. Hell, I found out about the damn thing at 11 something. If I was going to these games I'd be fast asleep by now, and probably wouldn't find out until I got the damn place.

A lot of people are being screwed because one team couldn't be bothered.

Guest Anglesault
I've been reading up on the situation (albeit from NY's point of view). The Tigers left the area I believe on Saturday, so the games weren't going to happen on Sunday. Apparently MLB asked the Devil Rays to leave early, but they did not. The only reason given so far was the inability to secure lodging. I suppose more will come out of it.

All this happened friday. The Devil rays had Friday and Saturday up until 3 to leave.

Guest GreatOne

Hmmm the Rays not leaving early when they have the chance, then complaining that they can't get out of Tampa.........

Can we start calling them the 'Tampa Bay Tests'?