TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Anglesault
Well, some of them look like they care.

Cairo, Jeter, and um ... yea.

Ya see Jeter giggle after he struck out to end the inning? Like this is the funniest God damned thing on earth.

"hahahahahahaha...Oh wait, the jokes on US"

Guest Anglesault
Atleast Quantril and Gordon looked better tonight.

Ah yes. Quantrill and Gordon did well. That changes everything. Quantrill and Gordon aren't going to be any good to us if the rest of the team runs us out of contention.

Guest Anglesault
Alright.

Do you ever have ANYTHING positive to say?

When positive things happen.

Positive things haven't happened in yankeeland since July.

I do not spin crap into gold. I do not look for silver linings. I call things as i see them. This team has to show som passion or we're fucked.

This team has to show som passion or we're fucked.

Indeed.

Honestly, the day Wells pitched that gem last year, I had given up on the Yankees. If my memory is correct, that was the first week of the NFL season. I was watching the Giants game, not even caring about the Yankees. We won that game, and then won 8 in a row. I think we'll straighten ourselves out. We always do. We struggled at the end of 98, 96, 00, and last year too. These are yearly occurences for us.

Guest Anglesault
I think we'll straighten ourselves out. We always do. We struggled at the end of 98, 96, 00, and last year too. These are yearly occurences for us.

We have an annual August swoon, but I don't remember this team being so...complacent in those years. This team doesn't seem to care either way how they do.

Guest Anglesault
Hey, could we void Brown's contract for this?

Cause if we get Pavano or Clement in the off season, I doubt we'll need him.

I think we'd need him. We need an ace. A staff of number twos and threes is a good one, but you need an ace.

Well, a guy who punches the clubhouse wall in frustration obviously cares about the game he's playing.

Seriously, players care, and they try. I'm sick and tired of this "my team doesn't care" sentiment. If you think they're not trying, write tem letters and ask them to start trying again. I'm sure they are thrilled when they lose games and look bad. For the time being, however, I am not tolerating any more of it. Subject closed.

Guest Staravenger

There should be no excuses in losing. The team lost. Fuck their excuses. "The Umpire was making bad calls all night" "we couldn't find the strike zone" "a fan was running his mouth". They played bad because they couldn't get the job done. Period.

Brown must've punched a wall hard to break his hand though. Ouch. And I can't believe I missed 4 pages of this thread.... :angry:

Everyone stick around for when Anglesault finally gets online and extends this thread to 8 pages!!

In other news, the ENTIRE three game Cubs/Marlins series is now off. They are planning on a double header Sept. 20 and one game after the season if necessary. Not good news for either team. It leaves the cubs playing something like 27 days in a row and the Marlins 21 in a row, or vice versa. It handicaps both teams.

And I'm now learning the downside of having FOUR of the five Cubs starters on my fantasy team. I won't make the 30 inning minimum for the week and thus, I shall lose all pitching match-ups. Tremendous. Stupid hurricane.

Anyway, it's almost comical watching the Yankees lately. They just can't get anything going. Not even against Ponson, who they totally owned earlier in the year.

Guest Staravenger

At least the Red Sox are losing pretty badly today. Of course, winning 16 of 17 games still over-shadows any kind of loss.

At least the Red Sox are losing pretty badly today. Of course, winning 16 of 17 games still over-shadows any kind of loss.

Not anymore. Bellhorn just hit a grandslam to pull the Sox within three. Man, if they actually complete this comeback, it'll be a GAME AND A HALF. Awesome.

Boourns.

Soriano "tags" Dave Roberts and throws to first to end the game. Only problem, he missed Roberts by at least a foot.

Boourns.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The Indians are doing their best to help Anaheim out tonight.

We'll take it though, as Oakland just do not want to stop winning.

The Indians have thrown 158 pitches through 8 innings and already gone through 4 relievers.