TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Madison Square Garden

I put together another page focusing on MSG results. I'm working backwards so all I have up at the moment is 1982-2004. More will be posted soon.

More promo ads will be posted on the page once I get into the 70s. I have a ton of newspaper clippings from the decade promoting upcoming MSG cards.

Here's a direct link: http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/cawthon777/msg.htm

WWE (Raw) @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - February 1, 2003

Steven Richards pinned Spike Dudley with the Steven Kick

Sean O'Haire pinned Rico with the Razor's Edge

Rob Van Dam pinned D-Lo Brown with the Five Star Frog Splash

Booker T pinned Christian with the scissors kick onto a steel chair

Scott Steiner pinned Batista with a powerbomb

WWE Women's Champion Victoria defeated Jackie and Molly Holly by pinning Jackie after Steven Richards interfered

Chris Jericho (w/ Christian) defeated Test after Christian interfered

WWE Raw Tag Team Champions Lance Storm & William Regal defeated the Dudley Boyz after Regal hit Bubba Ray with brass knuckles while Chief Morley distracted the referee

Brock Lesnar defeated Team Angle (sub. for WWE Raw World Champion Triple H) in a gauntlet match; Lesnar pinned Shelton Benjamin with the F5 after 6 minutes; Lesnar pinned Charlie Haas with the F5; Lesnar defeated WWE Smackdown! World Champion Kurt Angle via disqualification when Benjamin & Haas interfered; after the bout, Lesnar hit the F5 on all three opponents

Is it me, or is that not right?

Why was Brock and WGTT on Raw?

It was a house show, so it 'didn't count'. Believe it or not, it actually happened because they wanted to make it up to the fans over not getting Brock v Trips, hence giving them the WM XIX main event. Of course, long term it was stupid, because it just killed the brand split. Well, killed it some more anyway.

WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - July 2, 1979

Televised on the MSG Network

Johnny Rivera fought Mr. X to a draw

Tito Santana defeated Baron Mikel Scicluna

Nikolai Volkoff defeated SD Jones

The Great Hussein defeated SD Jones

Jimmy, Jerry, & Johnny Valiant defeated Steve Travis, Ted Dibiase, & Haystacks Calhoun

Ivan Putski defeated Bulldog Brower

Greg Valentine defeated Chief Jay Strongbow

WWF North American Champion Pat Patterson defeated WWF World Champion Bob Backlund

So...why didn't he get the title?

Guest krazykat72
WWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - July 2, 1979

Televised on the MSG Network

Johnny Rivera fought Mr. X to a draw

Tito Santana defeated Baron Mikel Scicluna

Nikolai Volkoff defeated SD Jones

The Great Hussein defeated SD Jones

Jimmy, Jerry, & Johnny Valiant defeated Steve Travis, Ted Dibiase, & Haystacks Calhoun

Ivan Putski defeated Bulldog Brower

Greg Valentine defeated Chief Jay Strongbow

WWF North American Champion Pat Patterson defeated WWF World Champion Bob Backlund

So...why didn't he get the title?

More than likely it was a blood stoppage, which was a way back then for the challenger to beat the champion (but not get the title) and get heat for the eventual rematch.

-Paul Jacobi-

Just wanted to let everyone know that 75-81 have been posted.

I've also created a page for Saturday Night's Main Event results. Every show is up along with several ads from TV Guide promoting the episode.

Awesome stuff. Know of any place that has results for the Boston Garden/Fleet Center?

Well I currently have damn near every show posted ... it's just a matter of neatly organizing all the Boston results on one, easy-to-read page.

But if you want to go year by year and find the results, you can do that right now. Same holds true for any other city. Just type in the city name in your browser's "find" option and it will scroll down the page.

Awesome stuff. Know of any place that has results for the Boston Garden/Fleet Center?

Well I currently have damn near every show posted ... it's just a matter of neatly organizing all the Boston results on one, easy-to-read page.

But if you want to go year by year and find the results, you can do that right now. Same holds true for any other city. Just type in the city name in your browser's "find" option and it will scroll down the page.

Boston Wrestling

Hardly complete, but they're trying.