TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

GIs forced to reenlist

Guest MikeSC
Care to back any of this up Mike?

Didnt Kerry have himself a black baby over there as well?....

I don't care if he did. If you have a problem with race, keep it to yourself. I know it's a historical problem for the Dems, but I find it rather distasteful.

As for the POW's claims, check out "Stolen Valor"

-=Mike

Next he's going to be telling us PT-109 was destroyed by friendly fire, or that Truman's artillery unit slaughtered a French village.

Guest MikeSC
Next he's going to be telling us PT-109 was destroyed by friendly fire, or that Truman's artillery unit slaughtered a French village.

Nope --- but JFK was asleep in a war zone in a sign of utter irresponsibility which got the boat destroyed.

-=Mike

Nope --- but JFK was asleep in a war zone in a sign of utter irresponsibility which got the boat destroyed.

-=Mike

I'm so glad you're not a history teacher.

Um, you're not a history teacher, are you?

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

I'm so glad you're not a history teacher.

Um, you're not a history teacher, are you?

Nope. But nothing I've said is inaccurate in any way, shape, or form.

-=Mike

...I know, liberal sacred cows shouldn't be slaughtered...

Wow, I didn't think I'd see anyone demonize JFK, you know, since ignoring the advice of his security advisors telling him not to travel to Dallas and getting himself shot has lionized him, making everyone conveniently forget his mafia ties.

Guest MikeSC
Wow, I didn't think I'd see anyone demonize JFK, you know, since ignoring the advice of his security advisors telling him not to travel to Dallas and getting himself shot has lionized him, making everyone conveniently forget his mafia ties.

He didn't have clear mafia ties.

His daddy did, though.

-=Mike

...JFK just banged a mafia boss' girl...

His daddy did, though.

-=Mike

Fair enough, but he's still the most over-rated President in history.

Guest SP-1

Except for that whole Cuban Missile Crisis thing.

But I guess averting a Nuclear launch is small potatoes.

Care to back any of this up Mike?

Didnt Kerry have himself a black baby over there as well?....

You know about the whole "Winter Soldier" thing, right?

But I guess averting a Nuclear launch is small potatoes.

The Cuban Missile Crisis was, arguably, caused by JFK halfassing Bay Of Pigs.

If he'd gone the full nine yards for Bay Of Pigs, Castro would have been out of power and, therefore, there would have been no missiles.

If he'd shut down Bay Of Pigs completely, he wouldn't have given the Russians and Cubans the excuse they needed to put the missiles in place.

I really don't think there was much of a shot of the Bay of Pigs succeeding, even if JFK put in the full effort

If JFK put a full effort into it, there would have been no chance for Cuba to hold out. USN + USMC > Whatever Cuba could throw at us.

I really don't think there was much of a shot of the Bay of Pigs succeeding, even if JFK put in the full effort

You're right.

When the exile troops landed at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba, the Fidel Castro took personal command of the effort to repel the invaders. He quickly mobilized military and militia units, and instructed his few remaining fighter planes to bomb and strafe the invasion force (several of Cuba's aircraft had been destroyed in air strikes preceding the invasion).

The long-planned covert action to oust Castro met a surprisingly speedy defeat. Cuban air force pilots managed to destroy ships just off the beach that were to supply the invaders with needed ammunition and communication equipment. Cut off from this lifeline and running short on bullets, the exile brigade struggled in vain for a few days before almost all of its members were killed or captured. When the shooting was over, 114 members of the brigade were dead and 1,189 had become Castro's prisoners.

Guest MikeSC

His daddy did, though.

-=Mike

Fair enough, but he's still the most over-rated President in history.

Oh, that isn't even a debate. He's memorable because he died in office. Take away the assassination and he's at the level of many of our 19th Century Presidents.

Which, sadly, his ineptitude played a large part in. He botched the Bay of Pigs so horribly --- and it was a pretty bad plan to begin with --- that Moscow didn't take him seriously whatsoever.

No, there wasn't a good chance. They picked a horrible place to launch the invasion (exiles warned them about that), didn't keep it terribly secret, and gave them some REAL bad equipment (the boats the US gave them were a joke).

HOWEVER, if the US provided the air cover they promised them, it's hard to say.

JFK sold out the Cuban exiles the same way Bush Sr. sold out the Kurds. Encourages a rebellion, promised support, and then reneged, leading to a rout.

If JFK put a full effort into it, there would have been no chance for Cuba to hold out. USN + USMC > Whatever Cuba could throw at us.

If we did it, by many accounts, liberal icon Che Guevera would've pushed for nukes to be launched on Cuba to kill us --- oh, and everybody else nearby.

Che --- what a guy. I can see why the left lionizes him. :rolleyes:

-=Mike