TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Back Issues - Condition

When purchasing back issues how much are you caring about the grade of the comic (assuming you have the choice)?

If the price is reasonable I will pay for the near mint/mint comic than a lower grade because usually the price difference is negelible. Of course if it is an older comic (20 years +) I will try and get the near mint/mint and if it isn't too bad price wise.

I ususally stick to buying just M/NM level comics. I never buy anything below that. However when at cons, if there is something I need to complete a story I'm reading and it's in 25¢ bins, I'll make the exception and hold out till I can gind a reasonably priced better condition copy for the collection.

When it comes to older stuff, I usually just skip back issues and go straight to the trades if they are available.

I'm not too picky about grades. I really don't see my comics as a big investment. As long as the staples are strong and there's no huge problem (big folds, large rips) I'm pretty happy. For older stuff I like trades. DC's archive editions are great, but damned expensive.